Band of Brothers or The Pacific

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 27, 2010
In your opinion which of the two HBO miniseries is better, Band of Brothers or The Pacific?

I'll go for Band of Brothers, specially how the airborne defended Bastogne outnumbered and surrounded by the Germans.

Mar 24, 2006
Band Of Brothers was more spread out storyline wise. The Pacific....not so much. I still like like it just as much as I did Band Of Brothers.

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
The Pacific as a whole is nowhere near as good as Band Of Brothers was but it did have its moments where it was on the same level. Episodes 5, 6, 7, and 9 are the only episodes imo that touch Band of Brothers with episode 7 of The Pacific being the best episode in the series.

The main problem with the Pacific imo is that they tried to tell too many stories in it. The books With the Old Breed, Helmet for My Pillow, and the story of John Basilone are all throwin into the miniseries and made it kind of confusing and hard to follow at times and made it hard to tell each story in as great of depth as they could have. IMO they should have completely cut out the Leckie and Basilone stuff out of the miniseries and focused on Eugene Sledge and his book 'With the old Breed'. If you notice the best episodes are the ones dealing with Sledge on Peleliu and Okinawa. Its also a shame that Okinawa only got 1 fucking episode when that was bloodiest battle of the whole Pacific war and was a HUGE part of Sledge's book. They should have stayed more faithful to the source material too alot of the shit in the Pacific did not really happen or atleast were not in the book or they changed shit around...that kind of irritated me.

Apr 25, 2002
I just watched the pacific now that all the episodes are done and I've had time to get to it. I think bad of brothers was better. I enjoyed following the characters more and thought visually it was a bit better. On the other had I feel far more sympathetic for the characters in The Pacific. I feel more empathy for them and when something bad happens to one of them it is much sadder. I could do without all the home front crap. I liked how they didn't shy away from the shell shock. Over all good, but Band of Brothers has a greater level of replayablity for me.