ATTN: HUSTLAZ AND PUSHAZ....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
To all you independent artists, promoters, hustlaz, pushaz, that be selling cd's on the streetz...Im in need of some advice ...so listen up and chop game bout how you be going bout your thizz...

Mainly, im tryna do this big and need yalls suggestions so i can make this big......Im like fuck a 9 to 5 right? So Im thinkin imma start slangin cds on the street for my income....But im like damn, I dont know if this shits gonna work out....I mean I added up my mathematics, and it comes out if I sell 3 cd's an hour at $5 dollaz a pop, it would equal out to be a $8-$9 an hour job ya dig? But how common is it to sell 3 an hour....I mean i would think 1 every 20 minutes would be easy, but I ve never done this before so Im not knowin....But for $5 I think i can push some weight ya know?
And shit this is gonna be how I get my money, So of course imma be workin the mouthpeice like a mutha, but is a steady income? I know its all on how hard i push them cd's so its all on me, but from yalls experience do you think it can work out to be a worthwhile job....

Also, do yall have any tips on this shit...like where to go (malls, sporting events, colleges, concerts, streets, car shows, etc.....) and any mouthpiece advice, like what yall say to get the person to reach for their wallet??

and do I need to get a license for this? Imma be pushin out a backpack, but I might want to set a booth or some shit and I aint tryna get caught up with the laws ya dig?...

So, if ANYBODY has any kind of advice on this shit, I would hella appreciate it, Im all bout my money so if you can help a muhfucka on gettin mine, than yous a coo muhfucka fashow...

ONE LOVE YALL....

GONE!

May 7, 2002
I would stick to the 9-5..........j/k

Hustle and bustle, let them know who U R, who yur afiliated with and make sure you bring a sample they can listen to....Not the full album but a good taste for them to buy.

If they dig it they wil buy it.

Apr 25, 2002
Rappers used to sell their shit all the time out on Telegraph by Amoeba and Rasputin and shit... Just go out there and hang out in front with a boom box playing your shit and put a sign on your box or something... Best way to get em to buy it is to let em hear it... Cuz people are usually skeptical of buying shit from someone they never heard...

Sometimes cops will tell you to leave and shit but usually it's no big deal. I've never known of anyone who got anything more than a warning to leave or some shit for selling tapes...

Really just go anywhere there's people who listen to rap... Any of the places you listed are cool, the only ones I didn't notice are in front of music stores and at high schools... Like I said I use to see it out on Telegraph a lot, there's a lot of foot traffic through there on weekends so that's a good place to go... You don't really need a booth or anything just a box of tapes with a sign on it is probably enough. Rap shows are a good place to sell your shit at too, just make sure they'll let you take your product in... If not you can do it outside afterwards...

Good luck.

Apr 25, 2002
I CHECKT $800 THA DAY "SAVAGE TIMEZ" DROPT AND I ONLY HUSTLED HALF THA DAY.....GET YOUR $ HOMIE!(MOUTHPIESE IS A VERY POWERFULL THANG,IF YOU KNOW HOW TO TALK YOU CANT BE DENIED,IVE SOLD MY C.D.S 2 HOMELESS PEOPLE,NO BULLSHIT!)

M

mr2productionz

haha A-WAX got a mouth like that? i wonder how he is with the hoes....lol.

May 30, 2002
You probably gone bubble if you hustle right homie. Everybody be tryin to put it down but when I go to the mall in Detroit I don't never see no local artist, or they never approach me, but I never see them posted up handin out some flyers or nothin. But check it mann just go to the mall and be like this me fool, if you approached me I would ask you heka questions about the contents of the songs and why you made them, so somebody who soaks game from music like me might approach so be ready. If you real you will make the sell, or if they waqnt to help they will help. But mann the bomb idea was like that guy said play that cd and post up and be like this me. Or just walk around the spot where yall be havin side shows and stuff. You might want to hit that siccness picnic Oh Boy! be a go getter. Be in the mall so much that the people wgho work in the mall know you. Oh man just get a part time job at the most poppinest mall that is closet to you, in the record store and ask can you just put your cd on the counter when you work at first, remeber on when you work, i say ask only when you work because the boss might be trippin and stuff, but imagine if you ain't there and people be askin for you then you leave a couple of copies with your co-worker who gone pop up like I got you right here. All you got to do is let people spot you, if you think people don't see you and a cd and the opportunity to purchase that cd from you,then you need to get there. peace and good luck man. MASH MODE

Apr 25, 2002
Good lookin yall, thanx for da replies....Yo A-WAX, where were you at when you pushed all them units in one day?
@readyreader....good ideas homie!
One love yall!

Anyone else got game to sprinkle?