ARTICLE ON EAST COAST JACKING OUR SLANG AND SPEAKS ON CAMRON & E-40, READ IT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
ARTICLE ON EAST COAST USING OUR SLANG AND SPEAKS ON CAMRON & 40, READ IT
West Coast State of Mind: Cam’ron Owes $40 Million Dollars!!!
Thursday - August 01, 2002
ill Will
In a an industry filled with coastal bias, it's about time someone from the West Coast, more importantly the Bay Area, was given the opportunity to shed light on our side of things. Welcome to a West Coast State of Mind, where I'm only bias sometimes, but at least I'll admit it. - ill Will ([email protected])

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You didn't think that Puffy came up with PHD (Player Hating Degree), or that Jay-Z created parkin' lot pimpin' (does that even exist in a place where you can't even drive cars?)? And I hope most know that Snoop by no means is a lingustical genius for his take on "fa shizzle my nizzle".

There has been a major problem occurring for the last five years, the Bay Area has been influencing rap with it's trendsetting talk, without proper representation by our own artists(with the exception of the ballatician his self, E-40), nor the recognition by those biting our shit.

I understand that we have the game is instilled in us like no other; I mean they did film The Mack in Oakland, Ca, that should tell you something. And I understand that the game is universal now, so it's not just for us. So when Biggie, took on the image of a player, and spoke on player haters, it was cool. B.I.G. recognized Too Short. When everyone ran around saying "fa sheezy", it began to get annoying. When Jay-Z spoke of "Parkin' Lot Pimpin'" (Vallejo, Ca group, Potna Deuce had a song by the same name in 1996) and "Big Pimpin" (Bay Area's, Kingpins Only had a song by the same name in 1995) I began to ask questions. And when someone from The Source said that Jay-Z's chorus for "Izzo" was influenced by Snoop Dog (The right answer being E-40) I knew there was a problem. But never did I imagine that it could get anymore blatant. When we got wind of Cam'ron's "Oh Boy", we couldn't believe it. A sickness began to develop in my stomach.

The song itself is tight, but what's up with E-40 getting on the remix, what's up with a shout out, showing some love to the originator? And what the fuck is up with making it a cologne? Like it's his creation, sorry dog, but anyone who's wearing that shit around me is getting socked, real talk! And to add insult to injury Cam's jackin' more of our shit, runnin' around sayin' "it's nothin' man, it's nothin'". That shit ain't cute. That's us, do you! You owe us an apology as well as some publishing checks or something. By my calculations Cam owes 40 well over a million dollars.

"Beyotch", "ya undadig", "ya feel me?", "ya smell me", "fa sho" (or any derivative of), "Pimp" (as in reference to someone), "Pimp Juice", "Pimp Soup" (not "Pimp Suit" you game goofy fucks, get it right. Stop trying to act like you know what they're talking about– don't be afraid to ask), Master P (now it's probably not something to take credit for but fuck it), independence, and a whole lot more shit are all products of the Bay Area. We were the first ones "Grindin'" but somehow all that has managed to mysteriously go overlooked by everyone, while Jay and his Roc-A-Fella boys, P Diddy, Swizz Beatz, and even Ushers gay-ass run rampant with our shit. And what's even worse is, they sound hella gay in the process of doing so.

And that's why we keep coming up with shit, as soon as you get a hold of it, we trash it and get the new, new shit. We stopped popping collars a long time ago, in fact it was in 1998 when San Quinn & Messy Marv came out with "Pop Yo Collar" and then E-40 brought it to a national level. Three years later, Jay-Z spits "...and pop my collar like the Fonz..." and he ain't talkin' about E-40 Fonzerelli.

To all those saying, "who cares, let it go." Fuck you! This isn't about getting our props for our past contributions to multi-platinum artist's songs or about at least respecting E-40 when you love Noreaga, and he really can't rap. Nor is this to brag about being light years ahead of the game. Consider this a warning, we've been cool thus far, but all that's about to end. We will no longer stand for muthafuckas biting our shit and have no problem acting an ass (we've proven that, why do you think they no longer throw rap shows in the Bay? Something happens at every single one. From sideshows to shootings, to Juve's chain being snatched on stage, to Lil Mo getting hit with a bottle in San Francisco, what happened to keeping it gangsta ma? Lol!)

The point is, give credit where credit is due, because since our rap scene is pretty much fucked, we have no problem ruining it for everyone else.

This is only the beginning...

Apr 25, 2002
who's the dude who wrote this whut magazine is it from?or is it?

i was hanging off every word he said thats all true.like 40 said you gotta use the "sprinkling system" and give props where props are due.

i'm hoping the history channel (too short & 40) puts it all in perspective.only those two can tell it like it is and have it stick to sum gameless mofos.

Aug 15, 2002
fuck it, dont be childish and ruin it for everybody. just them weak ass east coast cats. call it hatin if you want to. i call it ..................
compensation!