anyone know of a good DE-ESSER **plug in**????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i need to snatch a de-esser plug in asap. i already have the waves de esser but its not getting the job done. i tried one in acid also. no go. i havent tried the one in cubase SX. ive tried notching and eq but i cant get the job done. i might eq and compress (side chain) and see if i can de-ess the vocal tracks that way (this usually works with HARDWARE).

someone get at me with some info.

thanx.

:H:

ps why the HELL are you reading this if you DONT know what the hell im talking about and cant help???????

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
SPL DeEsser

This is the hardware version. They did make a VSTversion of this also, but it's not on there site anymore??????????? If you look on the web I'm sure you could find it somewhere. It was pretty cheap too, from what I remember.

If you haven't heard of SPL they take basic concepts and add there own new idea's to them, and make some of the best equipment out there bar none. I've heard and read only great things about them.

Wave's also has the Renissonce DeEsser ( I think thats how you spell it ) which is a new improved version of there DeEsser, or you could try waves C1 ( if you have it ) which is frequency spefic, so just go to 5k or 7k or where ever the offending Ess's are and you could do it that way also ( The C1 uses side chain like you already suggested put in plug in form).

Try the SPL thing though..........

May 2, 2002
heresy, if you have aim, I can shoot you the waves C1 pack. The only problem is catching me on there. JRdaPalePimp keep an eye out, or hit me on my cell, we can coordinate a time.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i do have the c1 pack installed. im not feeling the de esser that comes with the compressors. i havent saw the new waves de esser. im gonna look into it. the spl plug in looks damn near like the one i already used.

www.hitsquad.com has it.

i shall continue the good fight. if anyone knows of any other techniques or plug ins holla at me.

:H:

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
HERESY said:
the spl was for mac. didnt have a pc version...

Well shit................

Waves Renasissance DeEsser

Thats the one I was talking about. never used it so I dont know if it really is better than the regular waves desser. I wasn't to impressed with the regular deesser either. At least with the C1 you have more control ( ratio, attack, release, threshold etc.. )...