Adam Shefter: Jason Campbell to the Raiders

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2007
Campbell has improved on his completion %, touchdowns, and QB rating each of his 4 years in the league so far... good pickup for the Raiders

this still doesn't make them a contender by any means... but it's a good move for the organization, and an even better move to completely move on and cut all ties with Russell...

May 18, 2005
Coming from a Skins fan that have watched each snap of Campbells through his whole career, if they do not over coach him and just let him play he may be the biggest pickup this offseason, considering what you had to give up. He played behind a terrible oline for the most part in DC and still put up decent numbers. Only negative I would say is he may be damaged goods, had to learn too many offenses and took a beating last year but is one tough sob. If yall pick up a few olineman you may be in for surprise.

Apr 20, 2003
I agree 100% with Mastdark.... I felt bad for Campbell cuz in a Skins uni he never had stability nor consistency with the offensive systems that were being implimented cuz each year it was something different to learn so it was a little difficult for him to build a solid foundation with the play calling aspect due to the changes in the OC's coming in and out. Like Mast pointed out, our O-Line was beat the last two years with major injuries on the O-Line and our unreliable receivers(NOT named Santana Moss or Chris Cooley) had a piece to do with it as well, but with a couple of pieces on the offensive side of the ball the Raiders might have something going with JC and might be able to get a few more wins under their belts. One thing I'll tell you Raider fans is that Campbell has tuff skin and gives a 100% out on the field just feel bad he didn't pan out as a Redskin!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I agree 100% with Mastdark.... I felt bad for Campbell cuz in a Skins uni he never had stability nor consistency with the offensive systems that were being implimented cuz each year it was something different to learn so it was a little difficult for him to build a solid foundation with the play calling aspect due to the changes in the OC's coming in and out. Like Mast pointed out, our O-Line was beat the last two years with major injuries on the O-Line and our unreliable receivers(NOT named Santana Moss or Chris Cooley) had a piece to do with it as well, but with a couple of pieces on the offensive side of the ball the Raiders might have something going with JC and might be able to get a few more wins under their belts. One thing I'll tell you Raider fans is that Campbell has tuff skin and gives a 100% out on the field just feel bad he didn't pan out as a Redskin!
^ that slone right there makes me very happy to have him on the team over Russell (who is soft as fuck and only gives about 20% out on the field)

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I've read that it's a conditional pick we gave up. they only get the 4th rounder if we make the playoffs or campbell makes the probowl. if that's for real, this is the best move of the offseason.

also, despite what cable says about campbell not being told he's the starter, he is. al didn't extend his contract to watch him sit the bench for two years.

Apr 20, 2003
^^^ You guys gave up a guaranteed 4th rounder for the 2012 draft lol..... WTF 2012, we should have got that for next year at the very least!

May 18, 2005
Not only that but Snyder never made him really the man in DC, therefore he was undermined and couldn't take the leadership role like he wanted to when teammates knew they wanted a "Franchise" qb. Raider fan's Snyder done the same with Brad Johnson (won SuperBowl right after they cut him).