A-Wax and Bandana The Ragg "Burgundy Van Music" Release

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
For Immediate Release

For more information, contact:

Miles Aaron
2307 Fenton Pkway # 107-8
San Diego, CA 92108
206-240-0007
[email protected]

A-Wax & Bandana The Rag take the West Coast
back with "Burgundy Van Music"

What will you do when the Burgundy Van pulls up on you? On the newly released mix tape "Burgundy Van Music" A-WAX & BANDANA THE RAGG team up to bring you 14 tracks originally produced by Hip Hop super producer Jake One. Each track is laced with a potent combination of classic lyrics and all too true stories from A-Wax and Bandana's lives in the West Coast.

With reputations in the streets that stretch from Compton, CA to Walla Walla State Prison in Washington A-Wax and Bandana are no strangers to lives filled with gang violence, drugs and illegal activities. A-Wax who was born and raised in the inner city of Pittsburg, CA which is about thirty miles northeast of San Francisco. Born into the turbulent crack era that hit most inner cities in the 1980's gave A-wax the opportunity to quickly begin making money for himself and after numerous run ins with the police and being kicked out of every school in the area he was shipped off to Washington where he spent his time in between the cities of Seattle and Tacoma. While in these cities he joined the infamous Los Angeles based Piru gang. Combining the hustling knowledge he learned in Pittsburg with his new allegiances A-wax quickly entrenched himself again in the streets which would lead him being sent to prison from the age of 16-21 or five years on a manslaughter charge. Coming out of prison A-Wax moved back to the Bay Area and began a extremely successful music career releasing over 15 projects and appearing on a Gold Album. All of this success and a solid reputation in the streets led Akon's brother the CEO of Konvict Music BU to sign A-Wax to the Konvict Music roster. With his new found success and his never ending desire to build his own label Pie-RX music A-Wax reached out to Compton's own Bandana The Ragg.

Bandana The Ragg's name is known up and down the West Coast for his reputation in the streets and his constant networking. Running the streets of Compton during the 90's led to Bandana creating a infamous reputation in the streets as somebody who was down for his and wouldn't hesitate to do whatever it took to protect it. After connecting with Watts/Vallejo rapper Coolio Da Unda Dogg, Bandana was introduced to many Bay Area artists and began to combine the knowledge he learned running the streets with a natural ability to write rhymes. Tireless networking led to Bandana and A-Wax meeting and like the old saying goes "real recognized real" and A-Wax immediately brought Bandana onto his label Pie-RX Records which in association with Coolio Da Undadogg's label "Cavvy R Records" and E1 Music (formerly Koch) will release Bandana's debut solo album "Turned Up."

In a music industry that is over-saturated with rappers making songs about lives they never lived and stories stolen from movies like "Menace To Society" and TV shows like HBO's "The Wire." A-Wax and Bandana The Ragg are here to let you know the Burgundy Van is here and its playing nothing but that classic West Coast Gangster Music.

Burgundy Van Music Features a who's who of West Coast independent Rap including Mally Mal, Macnificent, Beta Bossalini, RedRum, Durte Red, and Baby Bandit. It can be ordered now from www.urbantunes.net

For more information please contact: Miles Aaron 206-240-0007

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
1) Proofread (lowercase wax, Rag with one G, run-on sentences, incomplete sentences, or instead of for, etc.)

2) No Gmail (or Yahoo or Hotmail or other free crap). Domains are $8 a year, Email is about $5 a year. If you can spend $100 a month on a cell phone, you can get a your-name.com email

As for the album.... I'll flag it as a maybe. I got a lot of catching up to do. And don't think I'm just being a dick here, I want you to do well, but you might need some nerds on your squad to do the dirty grammatical stuff. Don't give people an excuse to not run your stuff.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Appreciate the constructive criticism tadou, I know you and I have butted heads in the past but I definitely do appreciate the constructive criticism and will apply it to future work
Let me quickly add (a week later) that I'm usually grumpy at night, after work :cool: Bottom line, I won't lecture, but I work in the Tech/Business industry, and when it comes to contact info discrepancies (phone area code doesn't match mailing address area code, free e-mail acct, etc), for my company it can mean the difference between huge profits and lots of bad debt write-offs. So this one here, I'm speaking from experience instead of just hypothesizing like I usually do.

Best of luck with the project. As much as I want to have a "NorthWest First" attitude, realistically, our artists won't start doing major damage until we can attract big Bay/LA followings, which means Bay/LA need some of their own to start burning it up first.

Mar 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
Yea well you know no matter where I live I'm always repping for the northwest first and foremost. I can't sit around and wait for cats to pay my bills though and I don't like moving slow which unfortunately seems to happen with allot of cats in the northwest. We have one of the most talented regions in the world but with the exception of a few most are waiting for a major label to come knocking which isn't going to happen till you get up and get out on your own. Thanks again for the constructive criticism man.

Jul 29, 2008
Best of luck with the project. As much as I want to have a "NorthWest First" attitude, realistically, our artists won't start doing major damage until we can attract big Bay/LA followings, which means Bay/LA need some of their own to start burning it up first.
NW has always been ignored. Bay still fucks wid the NW.. but like you mentioned the whole West coast aint doing it big like it used to.

I don't like moving slow which unfortunately seems to happen with allot of cats in the northwest. We have one of the most talented regions in the world but with the exception of a few most are waiting for a major label to come knocking which isn't going to happen till you get up and get out on your own. Thanks again for the constructive criticism man.
say that!!! that's real shit. along with longevity and consistency... I think it hurts the region bekuz not to many people have that.
---------------------------------------------------------

Just like both of you and probably most in the NW, I wish the NW was on that level. Best way is for people to do what they can to expose the NW... so shout outs to Miles.. you doin it big homey!!!

On my end, Kenny Mack (Portland) is my homey. As well as Brayzie Ru (Central district Seattle). I've know Brayzie since we were doing time together as well as my homey Shao Sosa (Tricities).

The projekt I got goin on, connected all of them to others on the west coast. I dont think Kenny Mack wants me to put it up yet, but I got a track with his group from MSH records, redrum 781, Mally Mall, Clinton Wayne, snapp Ford and a few others.

Miles probably knows this too, but Mally Mall (Sacramento) and A Wax is putting a projekt out called "Primo" and Kenny Mack is gonna be on that.

A Wax will eventually get that projekt done with Cool Nutz.
Mally Mall, Bandana tha Ragg and Brayzie gonna do that Street Kingz album too.
Kenny Mack and Cool Nutz were in Inglewood not to long ago fuckin with Big Wy.

And the homey Delly from San Diego that put together up for that Mafia Ties album, stayed in the NW for a few years.. so we gonna bring some shit together bekuz he knows some homies from Lime Hood Piru that spit heat too.

While I fuck with alot of homies from LA and San Diego.. I wanted to make sure I get all the homies from the NW. thing is, I'm doin this on the Damu card.

shout outs to Maniac Lok, Cool Nutz, Syko and D Sane and anyone that was part of FTS. Kome fuk wid me.