A SAD DAY FOR ME.... JOSE CANSECO RETIRES....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
WELL THIS SUCCKS!!! JOSE CANSECO AFTER 16 SEASONS, AND ONLY 38 HOME RUNS SHORT OF 500 FOR HIS CAREER....

CANSECO WAS ONE OF MY 1ST ROLE MODELS BESIDES BO JACKSON AS AN ATHLETE.... IT REALLY SUCKS TO SEE HIM GO, I FEEL HE STILL HAD A COUPLE MORE YEARS LEFT IN HIM... IF HE COULDA JUST FOUND THE RIGHT TEAM THAT NEEDED A POWER HITTING DH.... BUT EVERYONES CAREER COMES TO AN END SOMETIME..... I JUST THINK HE DESERVED MORE THAN THAT... I WAS ABLE TO MEET JOSE CANSECO AT AN AUTOGRAPH SESSION BACC IN 1987...... HE WAS ONE OF THE NICEST PEOPLE I HAD MET, AND HE WAS LOVED IN OAKLAND BY SO MANY.... EVEN MY MOM HAD A AUTOGRAPHED HALF NAKED (NO SHIRT) PICTURE OF HIM HANGIN ON HER WALL..... HE ALSO DID ALOT FOR THE KIDS.... HE WOULD TAKE KIDS OUT TO HIS BOAT AND TAKE THEM OUT.... AND UNFORTUNATELY HIS BITCH ASS EX WIFE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS FAME AND RICHES, AND TURNED HIS CAREER UP SIDE DOWN..... HE WAS THE 1ST PLAYER IN BASEBALLS OVER 100 YEAR HISTORY TO EVER HIT 40 HOMERUNS AND STEAL 40 BASES IN ONE SEASON...... BUT AFTER HIS DIVORCE... HE WAS TRADED TO THE RANGERS FOR RUBEN SIERRA.... IT SEEMED THAT AFTER THE NEXT COUPLE YEARS, BOTH STARS CARREERS WENT DOWN HILL..... AFTER A COUPLE INJURY PLAGUED YEARS, HE WAS BACK WITH TORONTO BLUE JAYS AND HIT SO WELL, HE MADE THE ALL STAR TEAM..... AFTER BEING UNABLE TO FIND A STABLE HOME TO PLAY, AND MORE INJURIES HE IS NOW RETIRED..... AT ONE TIME CANSECO WAS THOUGHT OF ONE OF THE BEST POWER HITTERS TO EVER PLAY THE GAME.... AND WHEN HE HIT THE LONG BALL.... HE HITTEM FAR..... HE SAID FUCC A 330 FOOT SHOT.... HE WAS THE 1ST TO EVER HIT A BALL IN THE UPPER DECK IN SKY DOME.... AN ESTIMATED 580+ FOOT SHOT!!!!

I HOPE FOR THE BEST FOR CANSECO AS HIS EXPLANATION FOR RETIRING IS "FOR PERSONAL REASONS" AND TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH HIS DAUGHTER....

BASEBALL HAS LOST A GREAT PLAYER TODAY.... I HOPE IN MY LIFETIME I WILL GET TO SEE HIM ENTER THE HALL OF FAME!!!

-J-MAFUCCIN LOCC WROTE IT!!!

Apr 26, 2002
Yeah Canseco was Dope, he was tha reason I like the A's when I was a youngin'. That reminds me I got a Shitload of Bo Jackson and Canseco Cards, I wonder how much their Worth now? Hmmmm...

C

CinFul-1

I have a signed ball and Plaque of Canseco he was a Sav, He got me into Baseball when I was young!!!

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
HE AINT GARBAGE NOW..... HE MAY NOT HIT FOR MUCH OF AN AVERAGE, BUT HE STILL HITS BOMBS.... HE HAD LIKE 15 HOMERUNS LAST YEAR IN LIKE 200 AT BATS.... HE STILL EASILY COULD HIT 30-40 HOMERUNS A YEAR IF HE STAYED HEALTHY.... BUT OBVIOUSLY HE HAS ISSUES OUTSIDE OF BASEBALL...... HE DID ALOT OF GOOD WHILE HE PLAYED, AND I APPRECIATED THAT, AS AN A'S FAN GROWING UP AND WATCHING HIM PLAY..... HE WAS ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING PLAYERS TO PLAY THE GAME AT ONE TIME...

May 12, 2002
I got a chance to work with Canseco back in the day when I used to work at Card Shows. He seemed like an ass to me and many of the fans. I remember a little girl brought a picture to give him that she had drawn, and he looked at the girls Dad and said good work sarcastically and discarded it under the table. I will give him credit though cuzz he tagged Ice from American Gladiators on his lunch break during the show.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
not a canseco fan, but i love the powerful homers he did.. once he got a good hit on the ball you know that was out for a homerun..

fav moment:
the upper level HOMERUN he did at the SKYDOME in toronto.. dont know what year it was, but that was unforgetable HR..
WE WILL BE MISS :confused:

Apr 25, 2002
I was listening to ESPN radio today and they interviewed a bitter Jose. He said he is going to write a tell all book including naming names about steroid use, people cheating on their wife during road trips and other shit

Apr 25, 2002
HE WAS MY FAVORITE PLAYER...I GUESS NOW SAMMY SOSA IS....ITS SAD,ALL MY FAVORITE PLAYERS IN EVERY SPORT HAVE RETIRED

MLB
CANSECO
KIRK GIBSON
SANBERG
NBA
DREXLER
DALE ELLIS
ORLANDO WOOLRIDGE
NFL
MARINO
BARRY SANDERS

DAMN,I FEEL OLD ABOUT NOW.....

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Damn with Big Mac gone, Cal Ripken Jr., Tony Gwynn and now Canseco seems like all my favorite players are heading for the golf course. Next up for retirement: Rickey Henderson. Soon all the '89 A's will be retired. I feel like I'm getting old all of a sudden. Starting to sound like my dad: "I remember when so and so played, he was the best." Ever hear that shit from your father? Always talking about old players during their youth watching sports. Shit we're going to end up like that soon.:(

Late!

Apr 25, 2002
Did anyone hear Jose Canseco on the Dan Patrick show?

This is what he said, he's pissed off because he felt that he was black balled out of baseball. And he's gonna start calling out names..LOL!!