A New Question to be Answered

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
i dont know about everyone else, but to me, X matured extremely between Pyschoactive and Xcorsist. putting production aside between those albums (thats obvious the production was way different after Pyschoactive). but, lyrically, he just matured, and became a lot cleaner and faster, and seems to have more of a message to tell on all his albums after pyschoactive. dont get me wrong, psychoactive is classic, i love that album, but its just typical of the era in rap it was put out. all his other shit, to me, seems to be way ahead of his time. more importantly, is his maturation in his music relative and parallel to him being incarcerated? i personally think so. what's everyone's thoughts?

Feb 19, 2003
I feel ya...Prison, and the shit that one goes through there, would be enough to change ANYONE's perspective...as someone I know personally once said, "being in prison SEEMS like a harmless experience, but only if YOU'VE never done it!" LOL!

But yeah, the stuff that X spits on THE UNFORGIVEN and even THE INITIATION shows that his style, flow, lyrical patterns and general way of thinking about different topics has changed. I also think that he came w/ some mature, insightful views on rap and rappers in general in some of his MURDER DOG columns (i.e., how rappers should "vary the amount of words in their bars as well as their flows" to make their styles more interesting and whatnot). So yeah, X's only grown more w/ his advancing years, and that bodes well for any future Rap CDs that he puts out in the future...

PEACE!

Sep 1, 2003
xorcist was classic....i cant say the same about pyschoactive...that album just really aint for me...x sounded diff an the beats wernt all that

im feelin xorcist an everything after...i think x just got better an better after that

but now....x doesn't even need a tight beat to rip shit up

real type

tyson

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2003
Fa sho, X could go acapella and it would be filthy. I agree that Every release X gets better an better. Im feelin that aggressive style like on The Initiation and VIM.