A list of Socom Confrontation problems. (copied)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2003
If you plan on buying this game soon. Read this first. Copied from the Playstation forums.

Blue for gameplay issues Yellow for feature related issues
Orange for technical issues [servers, or ps3, disc, headset]
Red for Absolute Demands
Pink for wishlist items. Or things that should be there but are not
Green for bugs

Below I just edited the OP and I am starting to add things from other threads and some of your feedback. I'll keep updating as much as possible. I also will be taking out alot of the uneccesary wording, complaining, and flaming in the posts so it's more of a list not a rant.

Some of the major problems this game has are the same from the beta like...

• Scopes are still messed up. The camera still raises when you are in prone, or crouch throwing off your alignment drastically.
  • Custom Button presets still do not load! WOW
  • Late join issues. I joined a game and as the first round I could play started I found myself spectating for a whole minute before my guy appeared and I could play.
  • Late join, and leaving players framerate hitch. Screen still freezing when players leave and enter
  • Invisible guns. Did he just shoot me with his finger? Yes he did because time to time players guns are not showing up
  • Players camo not loading. Or on wrong faction. Why on earth my seal has a head wrap on, and my merc has a hoodie, and KSK facemask is beyond me but same thing from the beta.
  • Timezone Sync is still not working.
  • Game freezes, This is a server related issue? Or a really bad game bug either way let's work this out.
  • VIP's and Hostages still go Psycho over every little thing like smoke.
  • The stats are not working. Just because you think they are they are not accurate. I do not and could not have 3,247 team kills in -3 games, with 43 MVP's
  • Game menu is a tad bit faster, but still has loading problems like camo showing on characters to slow. It's messy and sad it made it this far into release.
  • Lasers can be seen through walls
  • "You have been disconnected from game" Most hated popup ever. Hitting G^ disconnects you immediately into the lobby.
  • Running and talking = Disconnect. Don't Start running and talking at the same time or you will freeze up and have to reboot =[
  • VIP's Can be shot or taken control of through walls
  • Shadows go through floors
  • Clan tags don't show up while in game
  • Servers not listing right levels currently being played.
  • A player joined my team. He could not be killed the first round we played.
  • I died and next round I couldnt talk and it showed the enemy talking and I could hear them.

• Animation glitches: There is one in particular that comes up. It's the one where you're character has his arm up in the air over your gun instead of on it. Guess what... This, like many of the other bugs I have already mentioned, was in the private beta... The private beta! That was back in August! We took pictures of this glitch and submitted it so there would be no mistake about what we were talking about. You all see how that worked out.

• Trophies! Now normally I would not care about trophies but they were said to be there from launch. They had some sick achievements set up and guess what they are not there.
  • Socom.com still not updated to phase 2
  • The calendar went MIA
  • Opti-match has vanished... Slant's praised rank system went off the deep end?
  • Clan ladder is not set up yet. How can we have ranked clan wars with no way to set em up? This should have been there yesterday.
  • Fully customizable controls. Uhhh they are not fully customizable. And they don't even load up when you set them.
  • Deeper customization. If I'm not mistaken I don't see anything really as far as character customization that was not in the beta. And the fact you cannot even change your mercs clothing is STUPID STUPID STUPID.
  • Why is the SEARCH FILTER in the actual server and not as soon as you log on? Whats the point? i go in a server like say US EAST and click search for a 16v16 ranked room ? theres only one anyway!
  • No spectator mode!?(I don't mean after you die, I mean a spectator for the entire game) How can mods moderate games, or refs get into a match?

• In-game status and where abouts on the XMB. Same thing as above just on the XMB. LBP has it why not socom? This is a huge missed opportunity as far as pleasing the fans and even a great marketing tool for getting the game noticed.
  • No custom in game soundtrack, video capture, or screen shots. This may not be high on some of your list but this would have skyrocketed attention for socom gaurunteed and there are people who have been asking for this and excited about the possibility of them in game. Since that screen shot from a few months ago.
  • More ranked rooms should be added in
  • No new weapons except the other 3 SF guns
  • No prone dive
  • CAnnot move while in weapon wheel, or in scoreboard
  • Did not increase time after round ends for people to change weapons, kill themselves, or do a little taunting after a victory
  • Pretty sure satchel still respawns... wHy?
  • The no shot indicator is still rediculously implemented and I have a hard time getting around it in the most easy situational shots.
  • Score board should pop up with select and dissapear with it's release
  • Custom Taunts
  • They need to put the map name somewhere in the game.
  • On the loading screen they need to put the map name and overview image... or something...
  • You need the option to set up rooms with any max even number (i.e. Max 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32... Why should you not be able to make an open 3 v 3 room? Why restrict that?
  • Custom ranked rooms should be allowed [Questionable]
  • I want to be able to customize on a per map basis.
  • I want to be able to have a different gun loadout on a per map basis.
  • I want to be able to change my special forces whenever I feel the need to, without deleting and recreating the clan.
  • Custom rooms need to be custom. (Odd number rounds, no sideswitching, more options for player v player numbers)
  • Ranked rooms in servers need to be 10/12 rounds and 5-6 minutes round times.
  • The gunspray tweaks from 1.4 seem to be gone. I know I've missed a few times with the first burst out of my gun a few times already while the enemy was just sitting across the map not moving. I'd like to see that set of tweaks to the gunspray come back.
  • Add some order to the server listings. It's a mess looking at East, then West 5 then Asia all over [pic below is just an example]

• Ability to pick up grenades from dead players It’s a classic Socom feature…needs to return!
  • We need the ability to create a VISIBLE room with PASSWORD...no more of this dumb private room crap. Invitations don't even work. You have to tell the guy what channel before it will actually let him get into the room.
  • Ability to follow friends in game. The closed beta testers, open beta testers, even noobs to the series all felt this should have been a feature. Overwhelming support for this feature has been shown since the closed beta yet no response and no changes made.
  • Transparent Scoreboard is a MUST!

• Need Tie breaker Round!!!
  • A true Quick Switch option the current one just is not for us.

• Lobby TEXT CHAT IS A MUST a socom tradition and crucial for communicating in the lobby.

• Dive to prone X 10 X 100 X1000... How come we can't hit the deck in a WAR game?!?
  • Unranked stats should not count RESPAWN