49ers LB Smith going off on T.O.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
Hmmmmmmmm...what happened today? Did Moss and Harrison slip a few light years? Did Harrison have a whopping 30 somthing yds rec? Moss had a TD, and how many YDS? Oh, and how did TO do? Did he have a good game? I didn't see, because I was looking lightyears ahead of him...maybe I missed the fact that he shit on both your prom dates.
1. The whole Colts receiving core had a bad day. They were shut down by Jacksonville. Manning only threw for 122 yards. Everybody has a bad game.

2. Moss has 5 receptioons for 127 yards, one TD and one more that should have been. That puts him at 2 TDs, 257 yards on the season, which is 2 more yards than Owens and the same amount of TDs. The only real difference in these stats is yard per catch, in which Moss averages 25+ and owens averages 21. These stats are proving nothing, just like I've been saying all along. They don't tell you who the better receiver is.

L Mac-a-docious said:
....and here are the #s as of yesterday...

Harrison- 11359yds 100tds
Owens- 10139yds 97tds
Moss- 9529yds 93tds

Harrison runs the best routes, and has great hands. Moss is the best deep threat, probably ever, and has great hands. Owens has questionable hands, but runs better routes than Moss, and doesn't take plays off, he is the best runner after the catch, he is the best blocker, the most physical, the best all around reciever of the group...so back to my first post of this thread...I don't think you can honestly say that Moss and Harrison are "lightyears" ahead of Owens...It's all spelled out at this point, if you still think this shit aint true then you are trusting emotions and not logic, and any further discussion on the topic is futile.
You're right about Harrison running the best routes and having great hands, actually the best of the 3. He is also the quickest. You're also right about Randy Moss being the best deep threat.... he also has speed, the ability to jump, great hands, intensity, and he is all around a bigger threat than Owens is. You got 2 things right about Owens: he is the best after the catch (in the whole league) and he is the most physical, however, he is not the best blocker. They all suck at blocking, and if you disagree with that you're only fooling yourself. Blocking is not a WR's purpose anyway, that's why the o-line normally makes a shift when the run is to the outside.... because receivers are never good blockers. They all suck. And you gotta be on that good shit to say Owens is a better ALL AROUND receiver than Harrison and especially Moss.

You keep bringing up stats but you refuse to realize the fact that both Moss and Harrison outshine Owens in the long run. Sure TO did a lot better than Harrison THIS WEEK, but he didn't do much better than Randy Moss.

Do like you're playing a football game and Ask Madden player, he's already said Moss and Harrison are better receivers than Owens. I think I'll take the word of an NFL expert over you, thank you.

Jun 18, 2004
Blocking is big with recievers, John Taylor was one of the best downfield blockers, and sprang Rice for many of his TDs by setting key blocks on DBs. And yes TO is the best blocker of the three WRs we are talking about.
That's fine that Madden said what he said, but personally I think that blathering fool has been over the hill for years now, he still thinks Bret Farve is the best QB, I'll ask him about some turducken though.
I said many posts ago that I might even concede to you that Owens is not the best of the three, my point of contention was with your inference that they were "LIGHTYEARS" ahead of Owens, as if Owens doesn't even compare. That is where I think you are wrong.

All around reciever-catching, route running, running after catch, blocking.

Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
Blocking is big with recievers
It's not as big as you think. Nobody says "we gotta have this receiver on our team, he's a great blocker!" If you want a receiver that is actually used for blocking you get a Tight End. Receivers are only there to interfere with a Defensive Back's potential tackling of the ball carrier. If you can get in the dude's way, as a receiver, your blocking duty is covered.

L Mac-a-docious said:
John Taylor was one of the best downfield blockers, and sprang Rice for many of his TDs by setting key blocks on DBs.
When downfield, a block consists of putting a hit on a DB, anybody and I do mean anybody can do that. Owens being able to do that means nothing.

L Mac-a-docious said:
And yes TO is the best blocker of the three WRs we are talking about.
I'm gonna give it to you, because debating who is the better blocker out of a bunch of WR's is a useless arguement. In no way does that provide any attribution to Owens being as good of a receiver as Moss or Harrison.

L Mac-a-docious said:
That's fine that Madden said what he said, but personally I think that blathering fool has been over the hill for years now
Yeah, somehow that doesn't surprise me.

Look, John Madden is one of the greatest football minds, ever. He's just as knowledgeable now as he has ever been. For you to make a statement like that about a man that would put you to shame in any football arguement is inane.

L Mac-a-docious said:
he still thinks Bret Farve is the best QB
You been watching replays of Madden analogies from 5 years ago? He just stated either Peyton Manning or Tom Brady were the best QB. I believe that was last week....

L Mac-a-docious said:
I said many posts ago that I might even concede to you that Owens is not the best of the three, my point of contention was with your inference that they were "LIGHTYEARS" ahead of Owens, as if Owens doesn't even compare.
When you look at the attributes, as a receiver, Owens does not compare to either of the two.

L Mac-a-docious said:
That is where I think you are wrong.
You also think Madden doesn't know football. That tells me you know nothing.

L Mac-a-docious said:
All around reciever-catching, route running, running after catch, blocking.
Owens is only better than either of the other 2 receivers when it comes to yards after the catch and blocking as if that mattered any. He's slower than both, can't catch as well as both, can't run routes as well, and is overall not as big of a threat as either of them.

Let me put it like this.... There is a general way of stopping Terrell Owens from having a good game - HIT HIM. He drops balls like crazy once he gets hit a couple times. The Niners only put one good hit on him, so don't even try to bring that game up. You can't say the same about Moss or Harrison. When they get hit they get the fuck up and keep playing. No team has found a for sure way of stopping them, the same cannot be said about TO. Also, Owens has the "give up" attitude. When things are not going his way he gives up and quits. You remember one of the games in his last year as a Niner he was thrown a deep ball, which he could have caught, and he just stopped running. After the game he said something along the lines of "Why even try, we were gonna lose anyway."

Overall, the main attributes one looks for in a receiver are route running ability and catching ability. Terrell Owens is not even in the same league as Marvin Harrison OR Randy Moss when it comes to those two attributes. End of story.

Due to your now obvious lack of credibility, I will no longer continue this arguement.

Stay up.