-4-28-2009 Wrestling News Update Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2006

Matt Hardy was told he would be out four to six weeks by his doctor, for a broke hand suffered at the PPV, earlier today but it looks like he's going to do what he can to stay on television as evidenced by RAW this week.

The Republican American has a new article up on Linda McMahon and her role on the Connecticut Board Of Education as well as visiting schools this past Monday. There are also quotes from politicians that were against Linda's inclusion on the Board. You can check out the article at http://www.rep-am.com/

Earlier this month, Hogan Hogan made tabloid headlines when he told Rolling Stone magazine that after the latest round of divorce proceedings, he empathizes with O.J. Simpson. Hogan told Rolling Stone, "I could have turned everything into a crime scene, like OJ, cutting everybody's throat. You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife . . . I totally understand O.J I get it."
Now, TMZ.com reports that Linda Hogan is looking to cash in on Hulk's poor choice of words. This afternoon, Linda filed papers in Pinellas County, Florida claiming she is in "imminent danger of becoming a victim" and needs an additional $8,200 a month from Hulk so she can move "thousands of miles away" from him.

Linda is also asking for $24,000 for "advanced rent and security deposits" so she can find a new home in California - where, as TMZ points out, O.J. allegedly killed his wife.

Former WWE referee Tim White was backstage visiting friends at Sunday's Backlash pay-per-view in Providence, Rhode Island. White was released from his WWE contract on January 9, 2009 in a cost-cutting measure.

During the replay of last week's ECW on Universal HD, comments by Matt Striker and Josh Mathews were edited out from the John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne match. Striker used the term "match of the year candidate" and Mathews used the term "five star match" to describe the match, both of which were removed from the show. It remains to be seen if those are new terms that have been banned or if they aren't allowed to be used in matches with people who are not main eventers.

The promoters of WWE's upcoming May tour of Mexico (Raw brand) were said to be upset that WWE Intercontinental Champion Rey Mysterio was drafted back to Smackdown because they had promoted the tour around him

(Son of The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith)
The wrestlers most likely to be called up to the main WWE roster from Florida Championship Wrestling are DH Smith, Eric Escobar (a.k.a. Eric Perez), Sheamus O'Shaunessy, and Drew McIntyre. Before anyone asks, we haven't heard anything on anyone else. Smith is said to be an especially strong mat wrestler who has improved tremendously since the last time he was seen in WWE. WWE's Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis has pegged the second generation wrestler as a blue chip prospect and future main eventer for at least two years now. Meanwhile, there is ongoing concern on the attitude of Escobar, who has worked some recent WWE house show tours. He's had a reputation for being a headcase since he was teaming with Raw wrestler Primo in developmental, and he still carries that stigma to this day.

ESPN.com has posted footage of John Cena interacting with former WWE personality Jonathan Coachman at their studios in Bristol, Connecticut several weeks ago when he was promoting 12 Rounds. Coachman currently works for ESPN as an anchor on ESPNews and occasionally the late-night SportsCenter. In the video, Cena makes fun of Coachman by calling him an intern on SportCenter, leading Coach to inform him that he now hosts the show. Coachman, playing up his former character in WWE, is then locked outside the building by Cena after pretending to be cool with him. You can see the video at http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/video?id=4096247

The Iron Sheik will be on the Opie and Anthony Show as well as The Howard Stern Show this Thursday. Tune in or you risk your back being broke.

Todd Bridges (CCW talent) has continued to wrestle after the show, working regularly for Fog City Wrestling in San Francisco, California.

Danny Bonaduce has stated on his radio show that when his contract from CCW ends, which should be in October, that there's a good chance that he would be back working with TNA. Jeff Jarrett has reportedly said that the door is open for Bonaduce to return

TNA officials have contacted former WWE wrestler Lance Cade about coming in.

The three-time WWE World Tag Team Champion is apparently interested in joining the promotion, but he has some commitments in Japan to finish up first.

His former tag team partner, Trevor Murdoch, debuted in TNA on last week's episode of Impact under the name "The Outlaw" Jethro Holliday. The former WWE star teamed with Eric Young to defeat the team of No Limit (Naito and Yujiro), advancing to the second round of Team 3D's Open Invitational Tag Team Tournament.

As already noted on the sicc, Flair's son was arrested and his bail was broke down as follows

Driving while impaired - $2,500 bond
* Driving with a revoked license - $2,000 bond
* Felony possession of heroin - $10,000 bond
* Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia - $500 bond

Reid Flair was bonded out for a total of $15,000.

New TNA Wrestling star and pro-MMA fighter Bobby Lashley will be on the weekly HDNet "Inside MMA" program with Kenny Rice and Bas Rutten this Friday night.

It appears that last night's involvement of Jim Ross during the "Khali Kiss Cam" segment with Santino Marella was improvised. Vince McMahon has an affinity for mocking Jim Ross on television. Last night's scheme saw JR revealed as "Santina's" hidden love-interest, and a kiss was teased - although never happened.

Micky Rourke suffered a broken hand at Wrestlemania

(son of Animal of the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom)
James Laurinaitis was on Sporting News Radio this weekend, he was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the second round of the NFL Draft. When asked if he would considers a career in wrestling when he is done with football, he had the following to say: "I don't think so. When I'm done playing I want to stay in the game as a coach or a broadcaster. I really just love football. I love wrestling too, and I know I could do it and be successful at it, but I just see myself in football for a long time.

According to sources, Tyson Tomko was never actually released from WWE as we reported a month or so ago. Tomko appeared in a dark match prior to a RAW taping in which he worked against Paul Burchill. They went to an early finish as Tomko was injured. The basic gist of it is that he was never under WWE contract to begin with. Tomko in WWE at some point is very well possible. It's just a matter of healing a current injury

Sky Sports in Great Britain interviewed Bret Hart while he was overseas promoting his book, here are some highlights of the interview: On Wrestling at Wembly Stadium Against Davey Boy Smith: "The audience. The night itself. The match. The fact it didn't rain! I don't think it can get any better for anyone else. They'll never have that time and period and the way wrestling was loved over here at that moment. It was just so special. I don't care what anyone says but I was more popular than Bulldog was at the time. I was really over with the people here I think more than anybody else. I could feel it and I knew that." On His Book and Owen's Death: "In a lot of ways the writing was really cathartic for me. I tried to let it take its own course. I never rushed anything. I found myself putting a full day just into writing a whole page." On Inducting Shawn Michaels into the WWE Hall of Fame: "Maybe if he wants to make himself feel better about it he should have the guts to pick up the phone and apologize. Then we'll see after that." On Taking Wrestling Too Seriously: "Maybe I did take it all a bit too serious. But that's what made me special and hopefully makes people remember me as someone who was passionate about what I did and what I thought wrestling was really all about."

To end the news, here is an update on a former wrestler.
Many of you remember Tito Santana. Santana, along with only Hogan, holds the unique distinction of appearing in the first nine WrestleManias, although his last appearance wasn't televised. He is a former IC and tag team champion. Since a lot of people like the Where are they now stories, here is a video update