360 Modders Beware of Spring Update!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2002
If xbox has the right to brick you xbox for pirating games can you post something from ms showing these rights i would like to read them. And im not sure how legal it is to slip a code or program into a update with out telling you what is in it and what can happen if you use the update.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
Intersting reading: from xbox.com

We and our suppliers grant you a personal, non-exclusive, revocable license to use the software and associated content (e.g., text, images, video, graphics, music, sound) made available to you on this System only for and during the authorized use of this System and/or the game or other product to which the software and content relate. You may not copy, download, modify or create derivative works, publish, transmit, sell or attempt to sell or transfer, or otherwise use or exploit any software or associated content unless we or our suppliers have expressly allowed you to do so. Some software and associated content you may choose to download may be accompanied by an end user license agreement ("EULA") or may indicate specific authorized uses or restrictions (such as the Special Video Content described in Section 11 below), in which case the EULA or those other rights and restrictions will apply.

Copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties protect the software and content associated with this System. We or our suppliers own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the software and content. Such software and content is licensed and not sold, and we and our suppliers reserve all other rights to the software and content not granted herein. You do not have ownership rights to any software or other content made available or accessible on the System, regardless of how such software and content is used or downloaded.

Except as otherwise set forth herein, the licenses granted you under this section will end on the date your Service ends. We may disable such software after the date the Service terminates. We may automatically check your version of such software and may automatically download upgrades to such software to your system in order to update, enhance and further develop the System.

The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
You agree that you are using authorized software and hardware to access the Service, and that your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., authorized repairs, upgrades and downloads). Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes either the hardware or software associated with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console or the Service, is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft. Microsoft may take any legal action it deems appropriate against users who violate Microsoft's systems or network security or this contract or any additional terms as described in Section 2 above, and such users may also incur criminal and/or civil liability.

Microsoft reserves complete and sole discretion with respect to the operation of the Service. Microsoft may, among other things: (a) restrict or limit access to the Service; (b) retrieve information from the original Xbox, Xbox 360 console, personal computer and any connected peripheral device used to log onto the Service as necessary to operate and protect the security of the Service, and to enforce this Agreement; and (c) upgrade, modify, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of the Service or any game from time to time without notice, which may involve the automatic download of related software directly to your original Xbox, Xbox 360 console or personal computer, and which software may prevent you from accessing the Service, playing pirated games, or using unauthorized peripheral devices.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Game prices were already high, and I don't see how piracy contributed to the increase of prices. In fact, I remember back in the day when Turbo Grafx came with the turbo cd, and sega with the sega cd, all the game companies said this would DROP the price of games because the new format was less expensive than the cartridge format. Guess what happened? Cartrdge based games STILL were expensive, and the cd-rom games were actually MORE expensive.

Nov 7, 2002
It cost shit to put a game to disc less then 25 cents if that for them they are never going to lower the price even if nobody ever burnt games why would they they want to make as much money as possible just like any other company. All the cost is in producing the game as far as anything else its no big cost at all producing and advertising are there big costs. Once thats paid for its all profit.

Nov 7, 2002
I read everything you posted and i dont see anywhere that they have the right to brick you xbox 360 only that as far as your xbox live service goes your done they will black ball you but ur xbox will be fine offline.

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
Masked Lemon said:
I'll agree to disagree.

It's fuckers pirating games that make the games so expensive in the first place.

If I had a Dual Layer burner, and no fear of a $400 paperweight, I'd probably burn games too...

Ummm no. It is greedy first and 3rd party developers who make the games exspensive. Some 360 games have SMALLER budgets than PS2 and Xbox games, yet cost 59.99 because of......? GREED!

Or how about MS announcing ALL 1st/2nd party games would be 49.99, BUT only when it is convenient. Kameo = Garbage = 49.99. Perfect Dark Zero = garbage = 49.99. Crackdown = Halo 3 beta = 59.99. Halo 3 = killer app = 59.99

HERESY said:
Game prices were already high, and I don't see how piracy contributed to the increase of prices. In fact, I remember back in the day when Turbo Grafx came with the turbo cd, and sega with the sega cd, all the game companies said this would DROP the price of games because the new format was less expensive than the cartridge format. Guess what happened? Cartrdge based games STILL were expensive, and the cd-rom games were actually MORE expensive.

Yeah but that eventually changed. The price difference between PSX and N64 was pretty dframatic. I routinely payed 59 or more for SNES games such as Final Fantasy 3. Some peopel payed 70 for SMB3 on NES.

If I had a local guy to mod my 360, I would mod a core system that I would play offlien only so i wouldnt have to update it. Then only buy games I planned on playing over XBL.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
Impalas said:
I read everything you posted and i dont see anywhere that they have the right to brick you xbox 360 only that as far as your xbox live service goes your done they will black ball you but ur xbox will be fine offline.

Read that part in bold about Microsoft having the right to do whatever it deems neccessary to prevent you from pirating games. That includes bricking your system.

Go to any real games message board and research it, it happens every 6 months, all kinds of threads about modded systems getting bricked. Trust me, I'm not making this shit up.

Mod your shit if you want, I'll take solace in knowing that the updates won't be bricking my shit.

Aug 7, 2003
if your xbox will never go online then its fine to get it modded. i highly doubt that a game disc comes with the update. when has anyone put in a xbox 360 game and it wanted to update the system before the game played?

especially if you just buy burnt games they more then likely will take out the update so it doesnt brick your system.

but if it somehow does then your out $400+ dollars.