2009 Bay Area Rap Albums

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2006
^^^ It's strictly northern Cali list. With only a few exceptions.
And sometimes these new or unknown artists impressed me more than the already established ones. Let me just point out Flossalini, W.I.L.L., Young Loc, Sav Krew, Keyd, Big Lou and probably a couple more. In other words it's obviously better to be skeptical, but don't underestimate new people.
Fasho man. I agree, Good lookin out.

Mar 31, 2009
Unimpressed by almost all of it. Nobody stands out to me, its all hood rap and hood rap is played out. Someone come up with something new already, ive heard so many gangsta rap albums in my life dating all the way back to the chronic, somebody rap about something else. Thats why I feel one of the only rappers in the bay Ill buy something from is Locksmith and he aint even dropped a real album yet. To me Locksmith will set the bar PERIOD and nobody in the bay can touch him. And I mean nobody, and freestyling doesnt COUNT! Song content and concept! CC

Feb 15, 2006
And real talk Locksmith killed the whole bay with 4 tracks in my opinion
I used to really fuck with Locksmith. Back in like 04 I thought he was really the next dude for the bay, but I can't fuck with em anymore. His whole style is kinda wack acting like he's the dopest and no one can fuck with him. Him dissing hyphy is a joke, when he was a major person playing into it. Don't get me wrong he can spit, but he borderline seems ashamed to be from the Bay and has a big ass head, when he hasn't even dropped a solo.

Nov 14, 2002
wow i just google a artist somebody named as one of the best in 2009 to hear some of their music and their whole album was free for download on a blog site.gotdamn no wonder albums aint sellin like that use to.

Apr 5, 2008
That first list is a good list of the best albums I think. Here's some more, sorry if they in the other list but that list is just too damn huge lol.

Here's some others I could think of:
DJ Fresh - Tonite Show Album
J Stalin & Mayback - Real World West Oakland Pt 2
Mistah FAB - Bridge Is Over, Grind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste (pretty much albums, all original beats and mostly new songs)
Erk Tha Jerk
Nio Tha Gift

I'm about to do another Best of the Bay 2009 mix, it's gonna debut on DzNutts Radio, most likely this Sunday.