$2,000 Insurance for throwing rap shows!!???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 22, 2009
OK so, i'm used to doing shows inside of clubs & bars & i have yet to have one of them ask me to get insurance for any venue. so i have yet to deal w/ this situation @ Hand: Here's what's up----I'm currently getting ready to throw a semi-small (about 400 people) all ages rap show. The venue where i am throwing it requires $2,000,000 Liability Event Insurance. However, EVERY insurance company that i talk to want atleast $2,000 just to cover the show cuz it's a "rap show". If it was "rock" or "RnB" it would only be $400 for the same insurance..... THIS SUCKS!!! Does anyone know a online company who might be able to help?? or does anyone know a way around this?? I thought about just telling the insurance company it's RnB, & keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens... but i figures I'd hit up the forums first... Any ideas welcome>>>>

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
WOW - I MUCH WOULD I HAVE TO INVEST TO PUT ON A SHOW OR ANYBODY ?????

I GOT SMIGG DIRTEE THATS ABOUT I CONTACTED HIM HE SAID HE WOULD DO A SHOW FOR CHEAP $500-800 LOLOLOLOL
WHAT DO BIGGER NAMES CHARGE ?????
DO YOU GET THE BARS PURSE ???
ADMISSION ?????

FOR REAL THOUGH .............. MUST BE A TOUGH TRADE