1st Attempt at HDR

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 11, 2005
It's not the best photo subject but I was bored and wanted to try out HDR. Was takin with 3 exposures. Let me know what yall think and I'll post up some more later.

Second attempt, takin at about 9pm (3 exposures) Tried to go a little more realistic

Same 3 exposures as the above pic but this time i exagerated the HDR Blending.

Oct 11, 2005
explain a lil bout hdr to me...you take the shame shot w/ diff exposures then layer then using diff blending options to achieve that?
Yea thats pretty much it. you should try Photomatix it's a program thats meant for doing HDR pics after you combine the pics you use a process called tone mapping to further enhance the effect. and HDR (from my undersatnding) is meant to capture a wider dynamic range of an image. From this technique Iv'e also noticed a lot more detail is brought out in a picture. For instance the Over exposed picture caputures the detail in the darkest portions of the picture, the underexposed caputers the detail in the lightest parts of the picture and the standard exposure captures the rest. And when you combine them, the mixture of the different lighting creates a weird effect that you can play around with. I'm no expert on HDR but those are my observations. Let me know if you want me to post the original files

Apr 19, 2006
concern with gadgets and technology, without any knowledge of solid composition/design. all it is a boring photograph of some fruit in your kitchen. a snapshot

Oct 11, 2005
concern with gadgets and technology, without any knowledge of solid composition/design. all it is a boring photograph of some fruit in your kitchen. a snapshot
Yea that pretty much sums it up. Just testing out my new camera and programs really. oh and it's 3 snapshots, lol.

Jan 10, 2003
Your doin a good job with the HDR, you just have no eye though... I know your just takin random pictures but you can at least have a subject that makes sense, and has some kind of photographic quality, feel me?

Oct 11, 2005
Your doin a good job with the HDR, you just have no eye though... I know your just takin random pictures but you can at least have a subject that makes sense, and has some kind of photographic quality, feel me?
I feel you bro, I'm still developing my skills as a photographer I just got my first SLR 2 weeks ago and I'm still testing the waters of what the camera can do. I've never even had my own digital camera, last camera I owned was a 35mm deposable wind up camera. So I feel you on the fact that I need a vision or concept to each picture, I'm just trying to grow and constructive critisim like this really helps.

Jun 4, 2004
Look alright... but look more like something done with filters and blending than HDR, mostly because of the background it just looks kinda fuzzy.

Nice try though for a first attempt, keep working on it.

Apr 25, 2002
www.rcanedesign.com
you dont need photomatix to do HDR, although it is a hell of a lot easier.

You can do similar shit in photoshop with layer masks and layer blending properties. of On the under exposed pic make a layer mask that hides everything but the highlights, for the overexposed pic hide everything but the lowlights, and then blend them on top of the properly exposed pic. You can play with the order of the layers and get some pretty cool effects.

Jan 5, 2006
im new to photography as well, i wanna start doing HDRs.. im gonna try and take alot of pictures this weekend, ill be around the city maybe and ill take some pictures of just random shit.. post them on here for people to fuck with and ill fuck with them myself.