What Artist here do live show? (discussion)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Do you feel you benefit from doing shows? or do you feel you can spend that time on better promotion?

my own experience is that rap-shows are "typically" dead, unorganized and mainly other artist in the crowd. So why do them?

or do you feel that the best way to gain following is to do a lot of live shows.

I'm just talking... what are your guys take? I think it would better time spend handing out promo cd's at shows/events then actually performing, and save your live show for events that are worth your trouble.

Dec 29, 2008
i perform here and there at festivals, clubs, open mics, etc. i will perform more when i actually have a new cd to promote.

but i do think performing is very important if you're trying to actually have a career as an artist. the thing is when you perform you gotta control the crowd and be professional.
there's a lot of bad rap performances that i've seen. sometimes it's the sound system or the artist doesn't have a show cd. but it's definitely important.

Dec 29, 2008
i also think people most likely don't listen to promo cd that are given away for free.

they probably frisbee that shit out the window as soon as they hit the highway.

so i think that's more of a waste of effort.