Death Row Releases Crooked I Hood Star on June 15th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
On June 15th, 2010 WIDEawake Entertainment Group Inc/Death Row Records will be releasing the long-awaited debut solo record from west coast's very own Crooked I, titled Hood Star. With the release of this long-overdue project, fans of the Death Row dynasty will finally be able to hear the historical unreleased music Crooked I recorded while on the powerhouse label. Through 15 unreleased tracks, featuring production from Big Hutch aka Cold 187um from the legendary rap group Above The Law and Darren Vegas, long-time fans of the emcee will now have a proper release to finally call their own.

As a former inmate on Death Row Records, Crooked I has had a budding career and has appeared on soundtracks such as Too Gangsta For Radio and Dysfunktional Family, Tha Dogg Pound's 2002, Ja Rule's The Last Temptation and 2Pac's Nu-Mixx Klazzics.

Powered recently by his critically praised Hip-Hop Weekly series, Crooked I has become something of an internet sensation, garnering a significant following for the Long Beach native. As the front man for the newly aligned hip-hop super-group, Slaughterhouse - who recently signed with Eminem's Shady Records - the desire for a solo Crooked I record has never been more evident.

As WIDEawake Entertainment Group Inc President John Payne stated: "The WIDEawake Entertainment Group is pleased to be able to share more gems from the Death Row vault. Once again we are able to find some great music. The good thing about the Hood Star album is its ability to stand the test of time, even after years hidden away. We are happy that the fans will get to have a chance to enjoy this Crooked I material. There is a chance it could have sat in the archive and never been released. This is another good example of the Death Row legacy. As always, we will continue to maintain the legacy with unaltered hits from the Death Row vaults."

This highly-anticipated album features guest appearances by Kurupt, Too Short, Ray J, Juvenile, Eastwood, Danny Boy, Sisqo, Spider, K-Ci and more. Hood Star's eye-catching artwork has also garnered attention on its own for adding a fresh new twist to the monumental release, noted as being the most socially conscious packaging yet from the Death Row Records catalog.

Hood Star will be available everywhere on June 15th.

Sep 29, 2003
lol@long overdue....its been literally like 10 years since hes been on the scene and nothing.....except slaughterhouse. Anyway that Pig face Weapon Waist was straight fire, and I heard that new single "They" which was pretty good too......

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
so this is shit he recorded on death row over the years and they throwin it together for an album?
Yeah pretty much.

If I recall he has a couple albums worth of material ( over 50 songs ) he recorded while on deathrow, and suge just sat on them, at least the people who bought death row are smart enough to see he has a bigger buzz now because of slaughterhouse so there releasing this shit.

Oct 6, 2008
Glad to see this on it's way.. His new real album "Million Dollar Story" is gonna be a monster...

And View 1.. Where did you get that quote in your sig? That's fuckin dope fir real.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Crooked I is one of the best rappers out there, but I'm not looking forward to this too much

I'd rather hear an album that he puts out himself

plus i think lyrically he's stepped his game up since his time on Death Row...

I'm downloading this nonetheless

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
^There is a song called areola and it isn't the open forum anthem already?

Anyway, I'm a fan of crooked but man does this guy have the worst luck or bullshits entirely too much. I'm thinking both. Still gonna check this out tho.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
^ yeah... Areola theme song areolas, breh

anyways... just listened to the snippets on amazon... this shit sounds like trash

It just finished downloading... but I'm not even gonna bother unzipping the file... maybe I will eventually... but I'm cool

his mixtapes he's been droppin are way doper than this shit