BAYCENTRIK.COM INTERVIEW w/ Tre Mak: Mad Science's Lyrical Monster

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
North Sacramento has a new force to be reckoned with, and it's in the form of Tre Mak. After years of making noise in the underground scene, he was soon noticed by DJ Quik and taken under the Mad Science Recordings umbrella. Trigga Tre Mak discusses the events leading to his signing as well as the future ahead of him.

Related Audio: We Got It | Takeover

Baycentrik:
So you're originally from Sac, the history of that region has always been on the gangsta rap tip. Do you fall in that same lineage or would you like to say you offer something different?

Tre Mak: I feel like I'm different than the average cat from my city, but I'd be lying if i said that I'm not highly influenced by the gangsta element out here. It's what I am, its what I live, so it's what you get when you listen to my music.

Baycentrik: You're signed to DJ Quik's label, how did that come to be?

Tre Mak:
The way the situation with Quik came about was simply a combination of my ridiculous grind and just perfect timing. Basically man you know I stay on the road as much as possible and I had booked a show in Monterrey, California opening up or Quik. Got out there, did my thang and when he got there he caught the end of my set just before he hopped on stage. He pulled me to the side when he got done and told me I did my thang and that he dug my show. Long story short he said, give me some "bars". Shit, about 1000 some bars later. [laughs] He was like man I gotta get you to LA! I gotta hear what you sound like on one of my beats. Next day, he flew me out, the rest is history.

Baycentrik: The world heard you on Cream N Ya Panties from Blaqkout album. Coming in featuring alongside two vets, did you feel the need to up your game a bit or was it business as usual?

Tre Mak: Business as usual fam, hopped in the studio, got some of that get loose juice in me and banged out the verse hella fast, one take and out. The studio is my comfort zone man, not to say that I wasn't nervous being in the lab with Quik and Kurupt, and G1. But.....................

http://www.baycentrik.com/feature.php?subaction=showfull&id=1264616107&archive=&start_from=&ucat=3&