LAKERS CONTACT WEBBER!!..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
Lakers contact Webber, could replace Bynum in middle

Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 9:26 am EST
Chris Webber

Getty Images

With Andrew Bynum out eight weeks with a knee injury, the Los Angeles Lakers find themselves seraching for a solution to the giant hole in the middle of their lineup.

Kwame Brown has started 178 games in his seven-year career, and newly anointed backup Ronny Turiaf is more of a power forward. The Los Angeles Times reported Chris Mihm is at least two weeks from returning, if not longer, from a sore right Achilles tendon.

Thus, the Lakers are sifting through the free-agent bin and coming up with such names as Chris Webber, P.J. Brown and DJ Mbenga.The Lakers were intrigued by Webber a year ago and have been in contact with his representatives. They think he fits the mold of a triangle-offense player -- good passer, good jump shot -- but are concerned about his physical condition.As of today,Webber,has stated that he has narrowed his decision down to three possible teams,one of which he will be in the starting line up in 2 weeks.which team that will be,still remains to be seen as Webber denied to comment on his decision.

Source: Los Angeles Times

Jun 15, 2005
Chillin' up in Tyra's cooch.

ESPN is reporting that he's holding out for a return to Detroit. Kinda like a bitch who's hoping the popular guy asks her to the dance.

Jun 15, 2005
They're also looking at PJ Brown.

He wouldn't just be playing for Bynum's absence...he'd be on contract for the rest of the season and that would make it easier to move Kwame.

Jun 15, 2005
Was that recently? I'm on a pretty decent Lakers board and I didn't catch that. Didn't read all the threads though so, not saying I think it's wrong.

As long as he isn't going to help anyone else, no biggie.

Dec 19, 2005
^yeah it was yesterday

per Press Enterprise:

P. J. Brown Not Interested

With Bynum out, the Lakers are in the market for another big man. Veteran P. J. Brown, a 6-foot-11 veteran who played for the Bulls last season, fits the bill, but his representative said that for the time being, Brown is content being out of basketball and not trying to return.

"I don't think it's something that he is looking to do," Mark Bartelstein said by phone. "There are a bunch of people inquiring about him, but there is nothing (in terms of his interest) right now."

Nov 7, 2006
WEBBER WOULD TEAR SHIT UP IN L.A. HE WOULD REALLY FIT IN IF HE PLAYS LIKE HE DID WHEN HE WAS AT HIS BEST IN SACRAMENTO.
yeah he would fit in anywhere if he played like he did in his prime but we wont and hasnt for a while now. i watched him play on detroit a couple times and he was average so he might be a good pick up if he is still stayin healthy and stayin in shape

Jun 15, 2005
He's still strong, but he plays slow and somewhat lazy. We're a younger team now, and if he can't run the floor, then he won't fit.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
that's a trip, because I was using the computer at kinko's like 2 weeks ago or so when the pistons were in town, and one of their trainers was at the computer next to me and was talkin' on his cell. he was basically tellin' his potna that the pistons were interested in Chris, but there were a few other teams that were lookin' at him too, but mainly the bulls, pistons and lakers. he was sayin that the squad is excited at the potential of him comin' back, but......who knows.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
doesnt matter anyways. a bryant-led team will never win a title. which is sad because he is the best player in the league besides lebron.