Chiodos- All's Well That Ends Well

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I just bought this today and this album is one of the best I've heard in awhile. If you like Saosin, Blood Brothers, Underoath, Hawthorne Heights, or even At the Drive-In I'd recomend this.
Here's their pure volume page if you want to give them a listen.
www.purevolume.com/chiodos

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Yeah, it's like underoath/silverstein where there's an even balance between screaming and singing. And both are done equally well. Listen to There's No Penguins In Alaska on their purevolume, that's one of my favorites so far.

Jul 30, 2005
I listened to the album this morning. Honestly it wasn't half bad, I don't think I enjoyed it as much because I've heard another band do the exact same thing 10 times better. So I have came to the conclusion that you really need to hear the album "Written In The AM" by In Reverent Fear. You will absolutely love it. It uses the same formalia as Chiodos, and the voices (both screaming and singing) sound similiar as well. However the execution of the music itself is done much better.

If you have soulseek, my username on there is astarimpaled, feel free to grab it from me.

On a sidenote I think it's cool that atleast 1 other person on these boards shares a taste for "emocore".

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Lol, I'll be sure to check them out. Yeah I've grown to really like emocore, I've gone through some bad relationships so it's perfect. I loved Silverstein- When Broken Is Easily Fixed, and was disappointed by Discovering the Waterfront so this Chiodos kinda filled the void of what I was expecting from Silverstein. Thanks for checking it out, I figured you'd like it since the lead singer is kind of a poor man's Anthony Green.

Have you heard anything by Blood Brothers? I've only heard one song of theirs, and I liked it, but I wanna know if they're any good since they're opening for Coheed next month.

Jul 30, 2005
The Blood Brothers for most people are a love/hate band. I really don't care for them. Their music isn't half bad, and the guy that screams fits right in. However they have a guy that sings like he's a retarded reject from ICP wich ruins every song. If after you hear them and decide that you like them, check out the bands Soiled Doves, Chromatics, and I forget the name of it but it's a side project of the blood brothers with the yeah yeah yeahs.

As far as emocore goes...

A few other bands worth checking out are:

Monday In London

This band isn't for everyone, I'll say that upfront. However they have an amazing twist on typical emocore. The lead singer seems to really be lost in his own world. Everything about their sound is new, and perhaps that's why they never got much exposure. Their album "The Red Machine" is awesome all the way through. You ever heard that song by trapt "lost in a portriat" well that's what Monday In London sounds like.

Matchbook Romance

This band has that real "sonic" sound to them kind of like yellowcard or lost prophets. The screams on thier album are turned down so you only hear them in the background. Theres two vocalist (who often trade parts back and forth) Some songs worth checking out are Shadows like Statues, Stay Tonight, The Greatest Fall Of All Time. (Theres plenty more but I forget the titles)

Adair

A really great band live, a great band on cd. I don't have anyone to really compare them to. Check out the songs Afraid To Breathe, The Diamond Ring, The Ghost Of Who You Were, & Seatbelts Let Go

Superstitions Of The Sky

This is actually just an emo band. However they're the best that the "emo scene" has to offer. If you like old silverstien, then this is deffiniatly a band for you.

Straylight Run

Again another band that sounds very similiar to Silverstien. Just add a touch of Postal Service and I'm sure you can imagine the sound.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
The album's getting re released with 4 bonus songs and a dvd in a couple weeks if anyone's interested. If you preorder from merchnow you get a free t-shirt or tote bag.
I heard the accoustic version of Baby You Wouldn't Last a Minute On the Creek on their myspace and it's pretty flippin good. I'd like to see them do more accoustic shows.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah I was reading abou the re-realse on the Equal Vision website. I'll be picking it up for sure. It's funny I didn't care for Chiodos at all when I first heard them but I like the quite a bit now.

By the way you were asking about The Blood Brothers in this thread then I know you said you heard one or two or their songs and only though they were okay but wanted to here more in a different thread. Did you ever check out anymore songs? Their new album drops on Tuesday and is up for stream in its entirety on myspace if you want to check it out.
http://www.myspace.com/thebloodbrothersband

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
No fuckin way. They're insanely awesome live. They play the crowd so good. Craig walks on top of everyone into the middle of the crowd and sings while everyone holds him up in the air. When they play No Penguins In Alaska at the very end, the really heavy part, as soon as that's over Craig yells "Oh no, we're not done yet motherfuckers!" and they play that whole part all over again. The crowd goes fucking nuts.
I might be biased cuz they were my first pit, but I had the time of my life seeing them.

@ Nuttkase, I've never been able to get into them, most of the songs I've heard aren't from Crimes and I've heard that's their best album.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Just got it today.
DVD has 6 live songs, 2 home movies and a music video for Baby, You Wouldnt...
Bonus tracks are Baby, You Wouldnt... Accoustic, Queen of Diamonds Live Demo (New song), and Lindsay Quit Lollygagging Accoustic.
Only disappointing thing is the sleeve is the only new packaging, otherwise Im stoked right now.