punk rock

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 21, 2004
hi, i just want to know what do you think about this music, the real punk rock from 70's & 80's, like THE CLASH, SEX PISTOLS, SHAME69, THE DAMNED..for english punk; and RAMONES, NEW YORK DOLLS.. for US "punk"rock (not really punk)

if you know others groups like RAMONES, CLASH or THE SAINTS(punks from australia) thanks to post here ;-)

pzz

Mar 9, 2003
Punk has some good bands like Misfits, Generation X, and Conflict. Newer punk rock bands are alright to especially The Casualties.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I own alot of Punk cd's,tapes,vinyls. While Punk might have started overseas to say that The Ramones aren't really punk I don't get that (I never liked NY Dolls.) But that is your opinion.

Some of my favorite punk groups from the 70's and 80' are...

The Clash
Sex Pistols
The Ramones
The Damned
Buzzcocks
The Germs
The Dead Boys
The Vibrators
The Adverts
Sham 69
Black Flag
Dead Kennedys
The Circle Jerks

Some of these bands may fall into sub-genres (Proto-Punk, Hardcore Punk,etc) but they are great Punk bands IMO. I am always open to hearing new punk artist though if you can recommend westcoast18. I would think I have heard almost all of the good punk from the 70's-80's but there are some names out there I probablly haven't heard yet.

Nuttkace

Sep 22, 2003
I'm not up to date on the history/styles of punk, but I saw a cool local band in Sac a few years ago. Check out www.redtapearmy.com They've got a new cd out, but it doesn't sound as good as their original demo "High Revoltage."

Are there any other Sac/Bay local acts worth looking into?

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
AFI are from the east bay, check out The Art of Drowning and Black Sails in the Sunset.

Tiger Army is dope too, but they're from SoCal, and they're Pschobilly.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
in the 70s they have a band down here called The Normals. they dropped one 45 then years later (1997) they came out with an album called "Your Punk Heritage" which was live recordings and a bunch of tracks that they were supposed to release in the 70s. anyway Your Punk Heritage is by far one of the tightest punk rock albums i've ever heard and i don't even like punk rock ..