Anyone else here like Joy Division?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I always liked the songs here and there I heard from them. So about two weeks ago I saw there box set Heart and Soul for 40 bucks and bought it. Damn....I had been missing out. It has both their albums and just about every song they ever did and some live and remix songs.

The box set has been just about the only thing I have been listening to since I picked it up. I really dig Ian Curtis's lyrics and voice and the band is really good.

It is to bad he killed himself back in 1980...

I never knew that the rest of Joy Division started New Order. It is kind of hard to believe because Joy Division is so dark,deep and makes you think and New Order is more or less elctronic pop. I never really cared for New Order much.

I can say out of the 80 songs and 5 hours of music on the box set that there is not a single song that I dont think is at the very least good. Most of the songs are downright amazing IMO.

But yeah anyways I am buzzed and bumping the box set so I thought I would see if there are any other Joy Divisions fans on here...because I am certainly a fan now.

Nuttkace

Dec 18, 2002
wow i'ma have to check out that set!
theres only two songs that i've found of them that i listen to ritualy, but they are FUCKIN' KUTS!!

Mar 9, 2003
One of my favorite bands. They've been acused of being nazis since their names are nazi related.

We fought for good,
stood side by side
Our friendship never died,
stranger ways, the lows and highs
Our vision touched the sky
Mortal this, we parted too soon
I put my trust in you.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah I heard about the Nazi thing but I don't really buy into it.

They were orignally Warsaw...but changed because there was a punk group called Warsaw Kamp or something like that.

The more I listen to this album the more it amazes me.

Dead Souls as of right now is prob. my favorite...

Nuttkace

May 21, 2002
go get the dvd of '24 Hour Party People' its a funny take on the history of Tony Wilson and Factory Records, chronicles Joy Division, Ian Curtis death, New Order, Happy Mondays and all the shit that came out of Manchester UK in the 80's and 90's

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Joy Division is what the Nazi's called the Jewish women that would give them sexual favors. I don't know why you would want to name your band after that LMFAO....but a great band they were.

Nuttkace

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Twenty Four Hours is a fucking amazing song.

The part when Ian sings...

All the darkest corners of a sense I didn't know/ Just for one moment, I heard somebody call/ Looked beyond the day in hand, there's nothing there at all.

makes me think that he was hoping for a bright light in his sorrow but that he couldn't find it. No matter how down feeling Curtis's lyrics are you always hear parts where he has some hope.....to bad he couldn't find it before he ended his own life.

The songs I like constantly change....right now it is prob. Isolation...that song is crazy.

Nuttkace

510SIKNESS

I WAS ON NEW ORDERS WEB SITE.IT SAID THERE IS A IAN MOVIE IN THE WORKS. IT WILL BE IN MORE DETAIL THAN 24HR PTY PPL.I HOPE IT COMES OUT SOON. IM LISTENING TO DISORDER RIGHT NOW.DAMN..

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah I heard about that movie about Ian Curtis's life. I am pretty sure they have already started the filming for it. I hope they get someone good to play Ian. The guy in 24hr Party People was alright but I think they could have got someone better.

510SIKNESS - Do you like New Order? I didn't know that the rest of Joy Division became NO until I got that box set. I really don't like NO that much. Blue Monday is a really good song. It has been awhile since I really heard their stuff and my taste in music has changed abit. Is there any other songs you would recommend that I check out from them?

Thanks in advance....

Nuttkace

May 16, 2002
joy division is tight. love will tear us apart is my fav song by them. new oder is dope too...their new cd is pretty cool, still has that new wave feel to it.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Love Will Tear Us Apart is a great song. That is what is inscribed on Ian Curtis's tombstone. Anyone who likes their music, even if you have both their albums, should pick up the box set Heart and Soul. It has damn near every song they ever recorded. I would recommend it even at full price.

Nuttkace

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Hell yeah. But i need to get into them more, I havent had the chance to check out most of their stuff besides the popular work. I like New Order... I first checked them out after Orgy did their version of "Blue Monday", that song rocks. I like a lot of the early electronic-movement groups and DJ's, especially coming out of "Madchester" in the early 90's.
Ill have to start getting some full J.D. albums.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Psilo707 said:
Ill have to start getting some full J.D. albums.
Joy Division only had two actual albums...Unknown Pleasures and Closer. Which are both amazing albums. They released alot of singles that weren't on either album. They had a ton of singles, b-sides, and other material though.

This is why I say anyone feeling their music should go out and buy Heart and Soul. It is 81 songs long and clocks in at over 5 hours. It has both albums in full and all the singles. It also has rare songs and live versions of songs.

Pick it up.....you won't be dissapointed.

Joy Division and New Order sound nothing alike. I have tried but I really can't get into New Order (there are a few songs of theirs that I do like though.)

Nuttkace

May 16, 2002
it is funny how different jd and no are! it would be hard to guess that they have anything to do with eachother by just listening.

510SIKNESS

Nuttkase said:
Joy Division and New Order sound nothing alike. I have tried but I really can't get into New Order (there are a few songs of theirs that I do like though.)

Nuttkace
i feel the exact same way.no is hit or miss with me.their first album after jd is darker. more jd feel to it.i cant remember the name. ill look it up later.

Jan 18, 2003
www.kwprecordz.com
I love Joy Division. I have been a fan of thier music for about 11 years now. My first JD album was Closer...I promptly went out and got everythign I could by them. I was disappointed this year when i missed New Order out on tour as I hear they played a few JD songs...