Mars Volta-Frances the Mute

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
was waiting for nuttkase to make this thread,didnt know what was taking him so long but figured i would take it upon myself,haha

so anybody have it yet? opinions? comparisons to"de-loused..."?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
LOL...

That is a good question LMFAO. I think it is a big step up from De-Loused In the Comatorium. Even though I understand very little spanish (even though most of my friends are hispanic go figure) even the songs (or shifts) in spanish had me amazed. While De-Loused is a classic album IMO the group seemed alot more focused (or I guess used to playing with each other) on this album.

I had the bootleg well in advance, but didn't listen to it much. I really wanted to wait for the actual release to soak it all in. The story is great and I like that they have the lyrics in the booklet. Omar is IMO the best guitarist that is still making music ( Tom of Rage and Audioslave might be a tie)

This album seriously blows my mind. Cedric's vocals are amazing on the album. The lyrics are more or less like poetry IMO. I think it is better than De-Loused which is pretty fucking hard to believe.

The title track "Frances the Mute" which is not on the album (go figure) is supposed to be released in April. It is around 20 minutes long so I have heard. The lyrics to the song are on the print under the cd.

What did you think of the album SiccFucc? Also what did you think of De-Loused? Besides B-Buzz saying something about you guys talking about them I never even knew you had heard of them LOL.

Give a listen to some of the At the Drive In albums too. They are really great. If you need any info on the ATDI hit me up and the PM.

Nuttkace

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I just bought it last night, listening to it for the 3rd time in a row right now.

I like it a lot so far, maybe a few more listens and Ill start comparing it to De-Loused lol

But Im so fucking confused about The Widow & Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus: Umbilical Syllables (Which might be the greatest track name of all time lol)
Nuttkase, can you fill me in on this? Did they mess up and name the video/ single the wrong name or something? lol

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
yeah,i caught some second hand ATDI info from b-buzz that you had told him about...been checking out some tracks off relationship of command,sounds great from what i have heard,going to have to definitly pick up some of those releases as well

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I don't really get what you mean Buzz. I am kind of drunk LMFAO.

The cd is really only 5 songs with "shifts,movements,etc" but on the cd there is 12 tracks. I don't know how that happend. If it was supposed to be like that or not.

But like I said I am kinda of fucked up. Can you clear up your question for me LMFAO or atleast try and I can reply in a more sober state.

Nuttkace

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i have yet to get frances,i have been late on the mars volta train...have heard about them for awhile now but never bothered to check them out until i seen you and buzz and several other ppl on various message boards talking about the upcoming album...so as of now all i have is de-loused...have only had it for a week now and the more i listen to it the more i like it...i reallly like the musical aspect of their albums,its the same reason i like bands like pink floyd and tool,i like songs with originality in their sound,and enjoy long tracks with changes of tempo...am really feeling this album so far and looking forward to frances cause from what i have heard its even better,just want to enjoy this one before i jump into something else

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Nuttkase said:
I don't really get what you mean Buzz. I am kind of drunk LMFAO.

The cd is really only 5 songs with "shifts,movements,etc" but on the cd there is 12 tracks. I don't know how that happend. If it was supposed to be like that or not.

But like I said I am kinda of fucked up. Can you clear up your question for me LMFAO or atleast try and I can reply in a more sober state.

Nuttkace
you lush, lol

I mean how the single they have out now being played on the radio and tv is called The Widow, but the song on the album called The Widow is a completely different song from the radio/tv single. And the song that plays for The Widow radio/tv single is actually Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus: Umbilical Syllables.

lmao, anyone who doesnt have the album is gonna be utterly confused by what I just wrote

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
LOL. okay I see what you are saying but you are wrong (sorry to sound harsh LOL)

Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus is track one. All of the a,b,c,d are within track one. The Widow is track two. L' Via L Viaquez is track three. Track four is Miranda the Ghost Just Isn't Holly Anymore is the fourth track, but it is here where for some reason the album instead of being tracks with movements (IE on the tracklist A,B,C,D,etc) seems to make them into their own seperate tracks on the cd. Does that make any sense to you? LMFAO....like I said I am sort of fucked up so I might not have explained that all to clearly LOL.

Nuttkace

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
lol, I think youre too drunk to get what Im saying and Im too tired to explain it the way I want to.

I know theres only 4 songs, I read an interview where they said they had to split them up because the record label would have called it an EP and they would've still owed them an LP, so they split the songs up to make it an LP.

Im saying that the single they have out right now is called The Widow. But on the album the song thats called The Widow is not the same song thats being played on radio/tv. The song thats being played on radio/tv is Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus: Umbilical Syllables (Or the 2nd part of the Cygnus... song if you wanna be a dick about it lol) but it is credited as being called The Widow.

I think thats the way I want it worded, lol, I hopw you get what Im saying now

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
It was $6.99 at best buy and $5.99 at circuit city last week, Im not sure if it still is though. The regular price tag was $9.99 so I figure it was just for the opening week that it was at the cheaper price.
75 minutes of music for $6.99, cant beat that

Dec 18, 2002
i usually only listen to hip hop...i just d/l'ed this cd tonight and its fuckin mind blowing...i can safely say these guys are the led zepplin of my generation.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
KrypticFlowz said:
i usually only listen to hip hop...i just d/l'ed this cd tonight and its fuckin mind blowing...i can safely say these guys are the led zepplin of my generation.
That is great. I am glad you liked the album Kryptic. You should check out their first one (well full length album) " De-Loused In the Comatorium" I am sure if you liked " Frances the Mute" you will like De-loused. Just wondering seeing you liked the album are you going to pick up a actual copy? They are only like $7.99-10.00 at most stores. Either way I am glad you liked the album. I still personally like De-Loused a little more but I like Frances more and more every time I listen to it.

Nuttkace

Apr 24, 2003
Kansas City, MO
i just got this cd last week and i love it. its good to see there are still some great musicians out there and not just all that studio packaged garbage that is pushed on us daily. i really appreciate these guys and look foward to seeing and hearing more from them.