The Cure

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 21, 2004
www.SCARLING.com
I'm sure everyone has atleast heard of The Cure. They are one of the most inspirational bands ever, as well as being credited to the start of Goth culture. (I'm aware that they do not classify themselves as goth, but their influince is there) so who's a cure fan? what's everyones favorite songs? share your thoughts in general.

Heres a few of my favorites tracks...

Friday I'm In Love [Acoustic]
To Wish Impossible Things
Scared As You
A Letter To Elise [Live & Acoustic]
Lovesong [Acoustic]
Pictures Of You
Doing The Unstuck <-----This song helped me through some real rough times in life

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
The Cure are one of my favorite 1980's band. They got too many fucking great songs to even name lol. I like Lovesong, Pictures Of You, Friday I'm In Love, ....damn never mind way to0 many to name.

Hey Camby good looking out on those acoustic versions of Lovesong, A Letter To Elise, Friday I'm In Love. I didn't even know they had acoustic versions of their songs. Those songs were really tight done acousticlly.

Also how was their newest release I think it came out last year?

Nuttkace

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Hey just wondering I am sure you have atleast heard of these two bands, do you like either/both of Echo & The Bunnymen or Depeche Mode? Those are two great 80's bands. The Smiths/Morrissey as well.

Nuttkace

Feb 21, 2004
www.SCARLING.com
Their new cd is a huge let down, medicore at best. it seems to be missing the magic that makes cure songs so great.

I've heard a little from both of the forementioned. I honestly dig them, but sometimes their beats are way too bouncy & happy for me. they're good, but in small portions. Joy Division is good as well.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
^^^ Yeah I forgot all about Joy Division they are a good band. I can see Echo, Smiths being kind of bouncy and happy lol but I really don't think Depeche Mode is. Maybe there are a couple songs but not too many.

Nuttkace

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Damn kind of like The Cure I like too many songs from The Smiths. I will say off the bat that alot of there songs sound kind of happy and up-tempo but the lyrics are far from it. Songs I really like are Girlfriend In A Coma, Heaven Knows I Am Miserable Now, William It was Really Nothing, The Boy With the Thorn In His Side, Panic and my favorire Smiths song is How Soon Is Now. If you want a album to start with I would suggest The Smiths "Singles" album it has all those songs on it. But IMO all their albums are great. The leader singer Morrissey can really sing unlike alot of bands vocalist and I have noticed you liked bands that have good lead singers. He later left the group and started his own band entitled Morrissey (which was really good as well, check out the song Tommorow)

Nuttkace

Dec 25, 2003
The Cure are the shit! I love their music & Ive been listenin to them since late 87,88 around there. ...and actually I just watched Bob Smith & them perform anotha great show only on MTV Icon earlier this night, & even Marilyn Manson was hosting their show, that was dope!

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
^^ haha ya I caught that tonight too. The bands did a really good job covering them; AFI, Deftones, Blink 182, and I forgot the other one but I think theirs was the best.

I love 80s music, The Cure's one of my favorites