Anyone listen to Postal Service?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
My homie was playing 'Give Up ' while we were going to the car show. Its pretty tight, its like techno/ synthesizer kinda beats with a guy singing over them. Really mellow shit

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah man. They are pretty dope. I mentioned in another thread that they covered Phill Collins old song "Against All Odds" on the Wicker Park Soundtrack. Its pretty dope because it got a bounce beat to it with guitar strums and those errie synthesizers. You should check it out. Oh and "Give Up" is a nice album too... been listening to that for a couple weeks straight now.

Apr 25, 2002
Oh yeah, a interesting fact I just learned about them. Theyre called the Postal Service because theyre two guys in seperate bands(I forget which ones) who were mailing eachother back and forth DAT tapes and shit. Like one would make the beat, send it, the other would lace a synth on it, send it back... and so on and so on until the songs were complete. I thought that was pretty tight.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah The Postal Service is great, what I like about them are they are very different. The lead singer is Ben Gibbard of Death Cab For Cutie, another great band from Washington state, if you like the vocals on The Postal Service songs make sure sure to check them out to, and Jimmy Tamborello of Dntel (never heard any of their music) I think he is from New York. Also some other artist on drums,etc when needed. Their album "Give Up" is very well put together. There are like 1-2 songs that are a little to syntisizer/weird for my taste but besides that I can listen to it front to back. The songs "Such Great Heights", "We Will Become Silhouettes", and "This Place Is A Prison" are the standout tracks of the album IMO.

Nuttkace

Feb 21, 2004
www.SCARLING.com
I like the song "Nothing Better" I enjoy the female vocalist more then the DCFC vocalist. I have a real hard time getting into them becuase they are a blanted rip off of Last Days Of April. If you like TPS you really should check out Last Days Of April. TPS does have a few good songs though.