Could use help in Excel (creating a pivot table)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Ok I'm really bad with Microsoft Excel. I am trying to create a pivot table to analyze a group of aircraft and determine whether or not they've had their proper scheduled maintenance checks based on their date of manufacture. For those of you who are familiar with pivot tables, can you please help me? These are the fields I need to include (i just don't know where to put what):
MSN (Manufacturer Serial Number)
DOM (Date of Manufacture)
Aircraft Type (Boeing or Airbus)
SV (Shop Visit...Boeings go for 8, 10 and 12 year checks..while Airbus only has a 6 and 12 year visit
I already have a nicely formatted worksheet...I just need to make the pivot table that shows which aircraft have had their visits and which are overdue and for what kind of check.

I know you're not getting paid to do my job, but I figure lots of you guys are way smarter than I am, so it shouldn't take a whole lot of time/brainpower for one of youse.

Thanks in advance!!:siccness::siccness:

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Ok I'm really bad with Microsoft Excel. I am trying to create a pivot table to analyze a group of aircraft and determine whether or not they've had their proper scheduled maintenance checks based on their date of manufacture. For those of you who are familiar with pivot tables, can you please help me? These are the fields I need to include (i just don't know where to put what):
MSN (Manufacturer Serial Number)
DOM (Date of Manufacture)
Aircraft Type (Boeing or Airbus)
SV (Shop Visit...Boeings go for 8, 10 and 12 year checks..while Airbus only has a 6 and 12 year visit
I already have a nicely formatted worksheet...I just need to make the pivot table that shows which aircraft have had their visits and which are overdue and for what kind of check.

I know you're not getting paid to do my job, but I figure lots of you guys are way smarter than I am, so it shouldn't take a whole lot of time/brainpower for one of youse.

Thanks in advance!!:siccness::siccness:
I'd recommend asking on reddit. You'll probably find a better & faster answer over there. Good luck

Microsoft Excel | Help & Support with your Formula, Macro, and VBA problems | A Reddit Community

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I used to know how to use pivot tables but I tried looking at excel and I'm all confused. I forgot all that stuff since I don't use it anymore. It was like 2010 when I had to use that a lot and that shouldn't seem that long ago but it's like 7 years. I'm way to old.

Jun 6, 2014
Earth