C.M. Punk fan altercation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2009
www.twitter.com
A fan video has been released that shows the fan who was struck by C.M. Punk at Monday's WWE Raw actually did strike Punk with a forearm first. You can view the footage at

http://Youtube.com/watch?v=WAniQ0L2S3U&list=UUybO8GgOUYwcQvf0f8GtD7A&index=1&feature=plcp

[Thanks to Dot Net reader Paul Clay]

Powell's POV: Fans seated next to the man who was struck by Punk appeared to shove Punk twice. Punk seemed to believe that the second shove came from the man behind him, though it was hard to tell whether it did. Then the man's forearm struck Punk on the back of the head/neck. That's when Punk retaliated with a backhand shot. In fairness to the fan who was struck by Punk, it's hard to tell whether he intended to strike Punk or if he was pushed into him in the commotion.

In all fairness, the guy who got hit didn't do anything. It was the little bitch behind him in the long sleeve shirt.

UPDATE:

WWE News: Fan files police report following altercation with C.M. Punk

The fan who was struck by C.M. Punk during the closing moments of WWE Raw spoke with CBS-13 report Laura Cole on Monday. "This fans says his face is a little warm after he says (Punk) hit him. He also says Punk broke his glasses. The fan is still still filling out a report with law enforcement...

Story from Prowrestling.net

Last edited:
Props: SuiPSYedKing

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
The guy being innocent is bullshit.....look at all the fans who were shoving and hitting Punk....just go to 0:36 and you see the guy who gets hit puts his hands up for no reason, and he extends his right arm more than his left and wacks Punk on the head, then plays it off like he was just raising his arms to put his glasses on. He wanted to join in on the fun and got socked for it...idiot

Feb 8, 2003
cm should be forced to drop teh belt and be punished. lets be real this isnt a good look for wwe as a company especially since they family oriented bc this senate shit. wrestlers get punished for tweets and comments so punish this lame for hitting fans and having a horrible barber.

Last edited:

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
cm should be forced to drop teh belt and be punished. lets be real this isnt a good look for wwe as a company especially since they family oriented bc this senate shit. wrestlers get punished for tweets and comments so punish this lame for hitting fans and having a horrible barber.
So because a fan put his hands on a wrestler, Punk should be punished for defending himself? That would be encouraging more fans to do the same and think they can just get away with it. Once you touch a wrestler, you should know you're putting yourself in the position to get hit back. If I hit one of them and got hit back, I would take it like a man and not be a bitch and sue.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
So because a fan put his hands on a wrestler, Punk should be punished for defending himself? That would be encouraging more fans to do the same and think they can just get away with it. Once you touch a wrestler, you should know you're putting yourself in the position to get hit back. If I hit one of them and got hit back, I would take it like a man and not be a bitch and sue.
He has to be punished bro. Just for the simple fact linda is running for the senate seat again. If this shit goes viral, punk will be punished.
I see what u r saying, but u know ppl r sue happy. Artest got hit with a cup, went in the stands and went ape shit on fans. Was that justified? Sometimes u gotta let shit go when u worth millions.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
Striking someone in the kidney and back is different than getting a cup tossed at you. Yeah I know Linda is running, but it doesn't justify anything a fan did. I don't think he will be punished outside of any legal action from the guy he punched.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Striking someone in the kidney and back is different than getting a cup tossed at you. Yeah I know Linda is running, but it doesn't justify anything a fan did. I don't think he will be punished outside of any legal action from the guy he punched.
How is it different? Both are disrespectful acts, and both could have been ignored. I'm not justifying anything the fan did. But when u worth millions and the company on your back you gotta think smart and not hard. I personally woulda let that shit go, mean mugged dude and kept it moving. I wouldn't be surprised if he was pnished but only if the media gets a hold of it and turns cm punk into a villain.

Props: Darkshowdown

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
If I was a WWE employee and fans were hitting me and shoving me, I don't know that my first gut instinct is to protect the bosses' wife's image.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
He has to be punished bro. Just for the simple fact linda is running for the senate seat again. If this shit goes viral, punk will be punished.
I see what u r saying, but u know ppl r sue happy. Artest got hit with a cup, went in the stands and went ape shit on fans. Was that justified? Sometimes u gotta let shit go when u worth millions.
look at it like this bro...

come up here for the next niner/charger game... wear your charger gear and let me hit (you not knowin who i am) with your back to me, and lets see how you react... the amount of money you make should not take your testicles away...

Props: ESFCE
Feb 8, 2003

Im not no bitch but trust me would sue the fuck out wwe and get paid easy money and give the media something to talk about. but thing is i would never be in that situation bc i dont get star struck or would never touch any of them. Punk shouldve never got in the crowd to begin with. But its more fire to use against linda. Punk is a small dude anyways he shouldve just let security handle it since them and most the crowd was bigger then him anyways. Plus he back handed the wrong guy. I be glad when they put the belt on either cena, ryback or the rock. They really ruined cm punk character he stale now. I rather watch ryback and the tag team division.r

Last edited:
Props: THEUNGODD666
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
WWE is blaming their security team for not being in the right spot, apparently Punk was supposed to be surrounded by security at the time. WWE didn't apologize for Punk's actions, their press released apologized for their security not being there lol Punk ain't getting punished

Also a news report dropped saying no charges will be filed and someone from the police department stated no investigation will take places.

Fan Attacked By CM Punk At Raw Not Pressing Charges, Mick Foley Discusses WWE '13

- Laura Cole, a reporter for CBS Sacramento who attended Monday's Raw at the Power Balance Pavilion, stated on Twitter Tuesday that the fan attacked by CM Punk at the show will not be pressing charges.

"Just got an update from the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department about the alleged incident involving @CMPunk," she wrote. "The Sheriff's Department says at this point the fan does not want to proceed any further and there is no evidence that a crime occurred. The Sheriff's Department also says the video is not part of the investigation because there is no investigation."

May 25, 2005
lol @ at this whole linda bullshit...gotta walk on egg shells for her run that has NOTHING to do with wrestling...smfh...and then yall think shits gonna go back to normal after if she wins? nah..itll be even worse to maintain her position...pillow fights and fairy dust matches...

Feb 8, 2003
WWE is blaming their security team for not being in the right spot, apparently Punk was supposed to be surrounded by security at the time. WWE didn't apologize for Punk's actions, their press released apologized for their security not being there lol Punk ain't getting punished

Also a news report dropped saying no charges will be filed and someone from the police department stated no investigation will take places.

Fan Attacked By CM Punk At Raw Not Pressing Charges, Mick Foley Discusses WWE '13

- Laura Cole, a reporter for CBS Sacramento who attended Monday's Raw at the Power Balance Pavilion, stated on Twitter Tuesday that the fan attacked by CM Punk at the show will not be pressing charges.

"Just got an update from the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department about the alleged incident involving @CMPunk," she wrote. "The Sheriff's Department says at this point the fan does not want to proceed any further and there is no evidence that a crime occurred. The Sheriff's Department also says the video is not part of the investigation because there is no investigation."

man wwe paid or contacted him planning to pay him disclosed or gave him something to recoup best believe that. And punk probaly got a backstage lashing from vince or they gonna fine him. anyway it goes its bad business to strike a fan especially in that envioment its not like he was in a bar or something. anyway it goes they are professionals and should always conduct themselves as professionals when representing a organization big as WWE

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2003
lol @ at this whole linda bullshit...gotta walk on egg shells for her run that has NOTHING to do with wrestling...smfh...and then yall think shits gonna go back to normal after if she wins? nah..itll be even worse to maintain her position...pillow fights and fairy dust matches...
I agree wrestling will never be the same again. and boy oh boy if she wins its gonna only get worse. but so far she losing right now Ryan is beating her. only way i see shit doing a 360 turn is if her and vince divorce or if vince dies.

imo they dont even have to go back into attitude era. all they have to do is quit scripting everything far as promos and characters they should let these guys go out there and be themselves build they characters like that. bc to me it all looks generic now and not believable. we all know wrestling fake but damn atleast i can say years ago there was some parts that made you wonder hmm was that real or scripted but now its obvious everything looks watered down and scripted.

like take tyson kid, justin gaberial for example them muhfuckas are tight in the ring way better then santino, ryder and could be stars but they not getting the chance to shine.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2003
bet Vince plotting on his ass. he will et some kind of receipt in the future.

WWE > CM Punk Fan Incident Update, Plans for Taker
Posted by Steve Carrier on 10/10/2012 at 04:58 PM

- As expected, Vince McMahon blew up backstage after the CM Punk fan incident at Monday's RAW. People close to Punk believed on Monday night that there would be consequences but there appears to be no major fallout, yet.

- Vince McMahon is expecting The Undertaker to work WrestleMania 29 and there is talk of trying to get him into coming back for January's Royal Rumble pay-per-view to help boost the buyrate. The idea is that he would be a huge name in the Rumble match and they would tease that he could get one more big-time title match at WrestleMania.

Last edited: