Need Peoples Opinions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 11, 2010
www.youtube.com
Alright so i got this tag that Smiley made for me (props to Smiley) and im thinking about tagging every song i upload with this tag, so that if people rip the song it will have the tag on it. the tag says "support homeboy rap,support homeboy rap, Exclusive from CalifasRider, support homeboy rap."

Check It out and leave some feedback.

[video=youtube;FAS8AlrVbDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAS8AlrVbDg[/video]

i only added it to the beginning of the song, but smiley told me i should add it throughout the whole song. Let me know if this is a good idea, or if i should just keep it how i been doing just uploading the song by itself. thanks in advance.

Aug 13, 2009
The best spots to put it in are in the beggining of every Verse and Hook.
Seeing as if you only put it in one spot, it can still easily be ignored when slappin it on a cd.
Would deter alot of people from downloading seeing as hearing it over and over again
would in a sense "ruin" the song for them.

Basically the same thing for producers who advertise their beats and want to protect it from
not necessarily being unused, but just to the point where it can still be a good listen but not
worth the hassle of having another voice in the back when attempting to record with it.

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
People are going to download from youtube regardless, i think its a bad idea because then a grip of bootleg califas rider tagged cdrs are going to be floating around. People download whole albums from you and post em around blogs and other sites. Tags are coo when your selling beats that way artist can't use them but in a song preview i think bad idea. Another idea would be if its only a preview of the song .. maybe just post the first 1:30 of the song and then provide a link to where they can purchase. But i say just keep uploaded the way you have been and if an artist has a problem just take his down ...

Jun 8, 2011
The best spots to put it in are in the beggining of every Verse and Hook.
Seeing as if you only put it in one spot, it can still easily be ignored when slappin it on a cd.
Would deter alot of people from downloading seeing as hearing it over and over again
would in a sense "ruin" the song for them.

Basically the same thing for producers who advertise their beats and want to protect it from
not necessarily being unused, but just to the point where it can still be a good listen but not
worth the hassle of having another voice in the back when attempting to record with it.
Thats a good idea but i mean you dont wanna ruin the song for them cuz then ppl wont buy it cuz they wont be feeling it with the tags on it. Theyll be more focused on the tag and wont be able to enjoy the track whih will lead to not buying it.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I think thats stupid, not even your own songs you're tagging lol. The original purpose of uploading the song was to let people preview it right? Well let them do that without annoying the fuck out of them.

Aug 13, 2009
Thats a good idea but i mean you dont wanna ruin the song for them cuz then ppl wont buy it cuz they wont be feeling it with the tags on it. Theyll be more focused on the tag and wont be able to enjoy the track whih will lead to not buying it.
Not necessarily, putting the tag in those specifics parts wouldnt do that much harm for the song
as far aas lyrics and the beat is concerned. I for one am neutral on the subject. I understand the
need to protect ones product but at the same time dealing with tags deters me from downloading
the song without a purchase because i wouldnt want to hear it through my speakers in a car and
what not. Since Califas is mainly promoting, this wouldnt be a bad idea but maybe with a cleaner tag.
You cant hear the beggining part of the tag already put in place but the Exclusive part just blast.
Need something even sounding.

If you take a look at Noodles videos, where he puts his tags are the ideal spots.
A bit loud in the beggining to show that its tagged, then lowers it down throughout
the rest of the song to ensure that the beat is still a good listen.

[video=youtube;of816ZmHcsA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of816ZmHcsA&feature=relmfu[/video]

Just my opinion if you do want to take the time to tag all the videos.
Though would be time consuming considering the amount of albums you do promote.

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
like i said .. ^^^ its coo with beats .. but why would you tag a song that doesn't even belong to you??? makes no sense to me. Noodles made those beats he tags them because if someone uses them with out purchase it'll be obvious since its tagged

Jun 1, 2004
People are going to download from youtube regardless, i think its a bad idea because then a grip of bootleg califas rider tagged cdrs are going to be floating around. People download whole albums from you and post em around blogs and other sites. Tags are coo when your selling beats that way artist can't use them but in a song preview i think bad idea. Another idea would be if its only a preview of the song .. maybe just post the first 1:30 of the song and then provide a link to where they can purchase. But i say just keep uploaded the way you have been and if an artist has a problem just take his down ...
Im wit this vato, cant props but consider it done. I think you (califasrider) are serving a good purpose but if asked not to do so then that would be good enough.