WOODIE SPEAKS TO SICCNESS.NET [Updated Link 03.29.07]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gabe505

B!TCH PLEA$E
Apr 24, 2002
siccness.net
Siccness Networks own Coop was honored to sit down and talk with East Co. Co.'s H.N.I.C Woodie, get the scoop on whats in the works for 2006.

Woodie spoke on a number of subjects including his studio being flooded, who is on the East Co. Co. roster, Lil' Los's current status, his opinion on the Bay Area Rap scene and the question that had to be asked, will he ever work with a rapper from the Sur?

[CHECK IT OUT HERE]

CRBS

Sicc OG
Dec 26, 2003
I dont know about all of you guys but i dont like when artists start getting involved with political issues. I dont know what it is, i guess its a touchy subject especially when im in the military right now and people really dont know wtf is going on. Just i wish woodie and his troops would stay away from that. All and all love the interview. Keep up the hardwork woodie, glad to see your hardwork is starting to pay off.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
I thought that the article was really good, and showed a different side of Woodie. I for one am glad that he is talking a little more political on his songs. The youngstas will listen to him and the game he has to lace you with. When he speaks on the military, alot of what he says in the interview is REAL TALK. The way the government tries to sell you a dream so that you sign your life away in hopes in getting a college education or some job skills. In reality, you end up dying far away from home, and NEVER even get to enroll in college. I curse those recruiters out when I see them at the mall or at my son's school tryin' to get at the little homies....those recruiters tell you ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they think you want to hear, just to get you to enlist. THESE FUCKERS GET PAID PER KID THEY SIGN UP!! It's THEIRs & THE GOV'Ts interests that they are furthering, not yours. You can get educated without their help, but they don't tell you that though. There should be someone tellin' these kids about all the grants and scholarships they should be gettin' info on....the military isn't the answer....it's a problem. They talk bad about you fightin' on the streets for the hood, but yet they want you to do the same for their hyprocritical ass....sorry G.W....everything I would fight and die for is right here mane.

I mean no disrespect to my folks that are overseas, that have been put in the awful position that they are in, I'm just tryin' to open some eyes. I've got a couple of potnas that signed up thinkin' that was their only option for gettin' an education....both have been shot within the first few week of being over there....these dudes are KIDS mane....18 years old. WTF business does a kid have in the military?

And now there is this video game that is created by the military, that simulates certain strategic situations, (say that three times fast LOL) and they are able to track your scoring, because it is an online game. If you score well enough, you will be contacted by a recruiter and asked if you'd like to enlist. CRAZY

Aug 5, 2003
www.myspace.com
GOOD SHIT, ALL IN ALL A GOOD INTERVIEW .....

I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT THE BAY RAP SCENE AS WOOD, ACTUALLY THE WHOLE RAP SCENE NOW A DAYS .... IMO, THE TALENT AND QUALITY AND MESSAGES BEHIND THE MUSIC ARE JUST TOO WATERED DOWN FOR MY TASTES ....

Sep 30, 2005
just listened to that interview much love n respect to woodie wood man he keeps it real thats what i like bout him i will continue to support his music and buy everything east co co records put out there i wish him and the e.c.c.r family nuthing but riches keep up the good work

May 12, 2004
i like woodie and all but...whats up with him talkin about he doesnt like the whole thizz thing..promotin kids poopin pills and shit...but doesnt he promote poppin slugs into people..lol

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
BETO916 said:
I thought that the article was really good, and showed a different side of Woodie. I for one am glad that he is talking a little more political on his songs. The youngstas will listen to him and the game he has to lace you with. When he speaks on the military, alot of what he says in the interview is REAL TALK. The way the government tries to sell you a dream so that you sign your life away in hopes in getting a college education or some job skills. In reality, you end up dying far away from home, and NEVER even get to enroll in college. I curse those recruiters out when I see them at the mall or at my son's school tryin' to get at the little homies....those recruiters tell you ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they think you want to hear, just to get you to enlist. THESE FUCKERS GET PAID PER KID THEY SIGN UP!! It's THEIRs & THE GOV'Ts interests that they are furthering, not yours. You can get educated without their help, but they don't tell you that though. There should be someone tellin' these kids about all the grants and scholarships they should be gettin' info on....the military isn't the answer....it's a problem. They talk bad about you fightin' on the streets for the hood, but yet they want you to do the same for their hyprocritical ass....sorry G.W....everything I would fight and die for is right here mane.

I mean no disrespect to my folks that are overseas, that have been put in the awful position that they are in, I'm just tryin' to open some eyes. I've got a couple of potnas that signed up thinkin' that was their only option for gettin' an education....both have been shot within the first few week of being over there....these dudes are KIDS mane....18 years old. WTF business does a kid have in the military?

And now there is this video game that is created by the military, that simulates certain strategic situations, (say that three times fast LOL) and they are able to track your scoring, because it is an online game. If you score well enough, you will be contacted by a recruiter and asked if you'd like to enlist. CRAZY

I FEEL YOU MAN I GOT 2 COUSINS, 4 HOMEBOYS, AND A LIL' BROTHER IN THE MARINES. MY COUSIN JUST WENT TO IRAQ FOR THE FIRST TIME, AND THREE OF MY HOMEBOYS ARE OVER THERE FOR THE 2ND TIME. MY OTHER LIL' HOMIE AND MY BROTHER HAVENT GON' YET THEY BARELY GRADUATED FROM BOOT CAMP, BUT WITHIN A YEAR THEY'LL BE IN IRAQ. I REALLY DIDNT GIVE A FUCK UNTIL MY BOYS WENT AND NOW MY LIL' BROTHER GOIN' YOU KNOW!! BUT THEY ALL WENT CUZ THEY WANTED TO, I JUST WANNA SEE 'EM ALL GET BACK IN ONE PEICE.

AS FOR WOODIE'S INTERVIEW, I'VE BEEN WAITING ON IT FOR A MINUTE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I THINK LOL!! GOOD TO HEAR THE HOMIE'S DOIN' IT MOVIN' AND GIVING THOSE WORDS OF MOTIVATION!! STAY UP WOOD!!