Brotha Lynch to appear on Tech N9ne's new album "KILLER"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2006
in case anybody doesnt go on to the strange music forums, in the latest tech n9ne interview on six shot.com, Lynch is one of the artists set to appear on Tech N9ne's new album "KILLER" which drops JULY 1st 2008. if yall enjoyed lynch's verse on "welcome to my world" then this new collabo should be also be worth the wait. man still waitng to hear the the other collabo called "bowl of blood" on "DAAM"....
man lynch is already on his 2nd collabo with tech on his album and we still havent heard their collabo for "daam" myb we'll get lucky and "daam" actually drops this year, if not next year...

http://www.sixshot.com/interviews/10714/

Tech N9ne - Shock Value
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:32:56 AM by Black widow

Kansas bred rapper Tech N9ne is currently gearing up for the release of his upcoming album titled Killer (in homage to Micheal Jackson’s Thriller). We recently caught up with eccentricemcee to speak on the project, his career and verything that life has to offer.

Tech N9ne, before we started the interview you talked about how this Killer album will have 30 songs. What made you decide to give us so many tracks this time around, did you want to come in stronger?

Man every time I come out I want to come out stronger. Behind Everready you got to come out stronger, behind MLK (Misery Loves Kompany you got to come out stronger. It’s not just the quantity that made me come stronger, it’s the beats that made me better.

Every album keeps getting better and better man and this is a hit. Really I don’t even know I was going to do a double album until the middle of me recording it. I started January 15th and I’ve been going strong ever since man. I’m down to my last two songs and it’s a wonderful thing bro. I got some shit on there called “Hope For a Higher Power” man, I got some other shit on there called “Cry Baby” talking about these rappers that be crying and mad they ain’t blowing up like these other rappers who are like Soulja Boy and so forth. “C ry Baby” is talking about “Nigga don’t be mad at them, congratulate them and do what you can do to stay relevant”. Get your money and stop crying about it, I’m going at niggas on this one and it’s really wonderful.

I got a song on there called “Why You Ain’t Call Me” talking about me being on tour with Jay-Z in 27 cities and it ain’t no diss song or nothing it’s just why you ain’t call me? I’m talking about a lot of people in there, a lot of cats know I’m an independent artist and know that I flow and would love to be on some of the shit that they do. I admire they music and the song is like “Why You Ain’t Call Me”, I’m talking to Nelly and everybody. It’s a lot of different subject matter on this album man and it’s insanity at it’s finest.

You just mentioned how some dudes need to stop hating on other people because their getting their money and doing their thing. Why do feel as though those people are always hating on somebody else?

Because they don’t got it for themselves man. The only reason why motherfuckers is hating is because they want something somebody else got, it’s envy. That’s the only reason why a motherfucker might hate on somebody. I ain’t never been that type of cat. I would love to see people come up, I love seeing Baby and Lil Wayne coming up, I loved back in the day seeing Master P come up. The reason I say this is because at the start of “Cry Baby” I’m at an interview and I’m being asked “Tech what you think about the state of hip-hop at this moment, dead or alive”? I love the state of hip-hop at this time, anytime you got young brothers and sisters coming up straight out of poverty doing something positive like music and making money, what’s is the motherfucking death in that? That’s how it starts off. People only hate because they don’t have something and they want what the next man got.

How do you feel about cats like Bill O’Reilly that’s always hating on it?

That’s the problem for people like that. My momma told me if you don’t got nothing nice to say then don’t say it at all. Keep that shit to yourself or like Malcolm X said “If you got a problem keep it in the closet”, don’t broadcast it. When you let a lot of people in you give people the go to twist it around on you. If you keep it in the closet and keep it amongst each other we can squash our differences amongst each other. We ain’t got to include everybody else and that’s what Islam taught me back in the day. I’m not even a Muslim, but Islam taught me that. People talk shit, but keep it to yourself. Don’t discredit a motherfucker just because he’s doing something and getting money.

Getting into the album what made you decide to title the album Killer?

Tech is always going to be forceful and I’m not going to do what it is P.C., "Politically Correct". I’m a black dude and on top of that i'm a black dude with a strait-jacket.... that’s already offensive and then putting Killer above it that’s hell of offensive. I knew that two years ago that I wanted to do this album and call it Killer like the Michael Jackson Thrillerof rap. That’s because of the quality of the beats and I’ve been choosing beats for this album for years. They still are not dated and this is a head of their time. All killer music, no feeler music so this is straight-up killer. I’m a killer on the mic, the tracks are killer, the content is killer, everything is murder, but lyrically.

You know that’s funny because Rick Ross just dropped an album called Trilla.

Yeah, but his shit is called Trilla that’s T-R-I-L-L-A. When he first said it I was watching MTV Jams and it kind of scared me because he said how he got the idea from Michael Jackson’s Thrilla. I’m like “Aww damn I hope this nigga ain’t on the front cover like I am”. Then I saw it and he was in the back of a Maybach and it was wonderful. His is T-R-I-L-L-A Trilla, mines is Killer. It’s totally different and the only thing that’s the same is he got the idea from Thriller to name it that so I wasn’t worried at all.

Hey that just shows a lot of people got respect for Michael Jackson

Yeah, a lot of people got respect for Michael Jackson or I should say the old Michael Jackson. The reason I want to do it is because there has never been anything bigger than that. I want to take it there, they always called me the Michael Jackson of hip-hop when it comes to music.

I remember the last time we talked when you dropped Everready you told me if fans didn’t like your album they can spit in your face. Is that the same case with Killer that if they don’t like it they can spit in your face?

Yeah and ever since I said that Everready”everybody loved it, no spit in my face. “MLK” no spit in my face, I’m never wrong and I’m a tell you why I’m never wrong. This is not a big-headed thing to say, but I’m a music listener. I love all types of music, so when I go in to do my albums I feel all types of music so it can appeal to everybody.Since my album is for everybody and if you like a certain type of hip-hop you might not like everything on the album, but there will be something for you on those albums.

In that respect nigga, you can spit in my face twice. Kick me in my ass if Killer is not Killer! I say that to say I’m a fan of rap music, I’ve been there since day one. I know where the art form comes from I am a hip-hop head. I am a B-Boy all day and night, I used to break dance. The only thing I didn’t do was Graffitti and scratch, I know what it’s like and I know what the “Heads” want to hear. It’s gonna be something on there for everybody and that’s why I will not get no spit in my face. I can say it again, kick me in my ass, hit me in my jaw, whatever it takes to tell me “Tech N9ne that’s wack”.

A lot of my fans say they don’t like the cover, because it looks too much like Michael Jackson, that means they young. It’s funny as hell when you see it, because you know that it’s “Thriller”. It got the same 80’s glow on there and everything. I look like some shit out of the 80’s it’s funny as fuck, but it’s wonderful. A lot of my fans might say “I don’t like the cover”, they not gonna say that about my music I guarantee you.

So you telling me now if I and the whole staff of Sixshot.com don’t like your album we all get to kick you in the ass?

You can kick me in the ass nigga! You remember on Above The Rim when they kick a nigga in the ass when he lose the basketball game. You can kick me in the ass nigga all day and all night [laughs]. The album is murder man and you gonna be the first one to know this. We just got Scarface on the album, Ghetto Boys all day, all night. We went down to Houston and got Scarface on the album. Shawnna from DTP came through and killed it. Paul Wall’s on this album, Mistah F.A.B on this album, Brother Lynch Hung is on this album and I can’t tell you the other one. It’s going man, I’m just waiting on one more feature on this album a big one too, we just waiting. You’re the first person I told on the collabos so far and it’s going to be a wonderful album that’s all I got to say.

Speaking of Paul Wall, I know ya’ll have the “Fire and Ice” Tour coming along so how did that go down?

I did a couple of shows with Paul like a year ago and it was like a Midwestern run. We did with a couple of promoters that we knew and we called that the “Fire & Ice” Tour it was like three days. We kicked it off doing radio spots and everything, Paul is a real stand-up cat, his road manager is cool and they were brothers. When people keep in touch like that other things come about. This tour is something that came about, those three dates that we did back in the day now turned into 67 cities. We going man, Paul Wall, Tech N9ne, Ill Bill from the east coast, we gonna hit the road man. Ill Bill is family now and it’s going down.

When you first rocked with Paul Wall not to long ago I guess you got to see he was the people’s champ!

Yes he was and he still is man, he’s an entrepreneur and I’m honored to be on a tour. I’m honored to be on a tour with my bro and can’t wait. We gonna kick it like donkeys and swing it like monkeys. We gonna lose some weight on this road man, I think we doing like 67 cities in like 62 days. It’s something like that to where we ain’t got too many off days. So the chicks that’s trying to sit on the dill’s nick, we got to do it in the back of the bus or something, because we moving the same night [laughs].

[Laughs], speaking of tours what’s the craziest thing you ever done and saw?

[Laughs], I still got kids man and really can’t say too much. [Laughs], I’m a tell you one of the craziest things that occurred a lot. When dudes bring their wives to the show andthey love our music so much they always say the same thing “Man if I ever caught my wife with another man I’ll fuckin kill you and I’ll kill him”. But she loves you so much man if you want to be with her tonight I wouldn’t even trip. I’m like “Hey man don’t ever auction off your wife to me”. Then they will say “Why not” and I’ll say because she will never come back. I’ve done turned away some bad ass wives dawg, because they dudes auctioned them off because they really love my music. I’m like “Your going to let me fuck your wife, because you really love my music” [laughs].

I appreciate it, especially the guys who bring the foxes in as their wives. There wives is just standing there smiling like “Fuck Yeah” titties and all that. I’m standing there like “Damn, dude just told me that I can fuck his wife”. I got to pull them to the side all the time and be like “Listen you don’t want to do that”. There is no way I can take your wife to the back of the bus while you stand outside and you see the bus rocking and I’ll send her back out there. There is no way ya’ll not gonna fight for the rest of life, don’t do that, I love ya’ll too. It happens all the time .

Aww man, so the groupie love be crazy huh?

I’m talking about 100% crazy! I respect it because without the fans we are nothing. These people they listen to me day in and day out. These people know me because I put myself out there, this ain’t no fraud. When they listening to my music they listening to my life so when they meet me they be like “Damn this is the cat that I’ve been listening too”. I’m not the exact opposite, I’m am that.

These people listen to me everyday day man soaking that shit in listening to me talking about missing my children so they know what kind of person I am and what compassion I have. They feel like they are your friends and they are, but you ain’t always supposed to fuck your best friend women. I just tell them “It ain’t good to auction off your wife man just enjoy the show”.

A lot of people are complaining about the music business, because the CD sales are down and all that. Do you think these days as an upcoming artist you really need a major label, especially with somebody like you who is successful on the independent side of things?

Nah I don’t think you need a major label man, I think the major labels are starting to pay attention to a lot of the independent artists. While everybody else is declining were on the incline and it’s wonderful. Everything coming in we have it, we get the sale, we don’t have to pay no department for doing this, pay people to do that. Yeah we hire people to do shit, but were having a ball being independent. Being independent is going to take a little bit and that usually means a lot of money to do it. That can be tedious when you ain’t got nothing else coming in.

Let’s just say though you do what we did and get with Fontana/Universal for distribution and you get with a partner like that who pays on time and everything it’s a beautiful thing. First you got to have a beautiful product and that’s why a lot of these labels are going down, because they are just giving the fans any ol bullshit piece of material. They love when you go all the way out on your artwork, it’s sounds like you put your time into it and not just trying to put together 12 hits and throw it out there to them. If you take the time to do beautiful music, beautiful artwork you will give the fans a lot extra and maybe they do want to buy your collector’s item CD. Maybe they do want to go to the stores instead of downloading your shit.

If the major labels will stop saying “Okay we gonna do this album in 10 days and throw it out there”. We take time at Strange Music, we take time to give the fans something that they can keep forever. If you keep on giving and it’s wonderful they will never forget you.

So I know you got to be feeling that Webbie song “Independent” , I know you feeling that!

[Laughs], exactly. Ice Cube had a slogan on one of his shirts when I saw him in Austin, Tx that said “Independent and Loving It”, you know what I’m saying. It’s tight, Ice Cube got his own label now Lynch Mob Records. Tony Draper and all them over there is kicking it like donkeys putting it work with Ice Cube. Independent and loving it is a big thing and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Independent is the way to go…

Yes sir, because they been through the major label bullshit like sitting idol while they giving all the attention to some other artists. At Strange Music we give all of our artists some attention. When you look at the back of that sampler you see all seven of our projects coming out this year. Just because you see Killer coming out doesn’t mean Krizz Kalicko’s not coming out, doesn’t mean the Kutt Calhoun’s ain’t coming out, Ill Bill we all coming out on our dates. It’s a wonderful thing being independent man and being successful at doing it.

How did you come up with the name Strange Music for your label?

Strange Music I’ve always been a Doors fan and when I say Doors I mean Jim Morrison. Since I was a kid I really love the song they had “Riders of The Storm”. I always payed attention to this dark song they had like a carnival called “People Are Strange”. I always had a fascination with clowns back in the day and it turned from a fear of clowns to a love for clowns as I got older. “People Are Strange” always stuck in my head and when I hooked up with QD3 (Quincy Jones) in ’97 when we talked about doing a publishing deal I said “Yeah I want to call my label Strange Music” and I based it off a Doors song and I’m a big Doors fan still to this day. I even bought the movie with Val Kilmer playing Jim Morrison ten times out my whole life. That’s how I got the title Strange Music being an extreme Doors fan.

I have every last one of your albums, of course I get them for free since I’m a writer [laughs] and I noticed when it comes to your production, your production is hot don’t get me wrong, but they was always different and weird from what I’m used to hearing. How do you go about picking your production making your hot ass records that you make?

My step-father was a Muslim and my mother was a Christian. He told me when I told him I was trying to rap he was like “Why are you trying to rap, what you got that nobody else got”? It urged me to want to do something different, Krs One said a long time ago “If everybody is doing boom, boom, bap, won’t you do Boom, boom, boom, bop”. When you do something else your road is harder, because ain’t nobody else is listening to that shit. If the whole industry is doing one thing and your doing another they gonna be like “Man what the fuck is that”, but you gotta be a God damn soldier to stick with it.

I had red-hair so of course it’s going to scare my people away. People was like “What the fuck? Is this nigga is a devil-worshipper? He got red-spikes”. I stuck with being psychotic, I stuck with be a little to the left with my artistry. A lot of people that’s used to listening one way they probably don’t want to hear that, but when they do hear that Tech N9ne it stands out. They will always say “That’s that Tech N9ne shit”. When Floetry comes out with their album you know it’s Floetry, when Outkast comes out with their album you know it’s Outkast, and it’s like Tech N9ne I got me over here.

When you’re tired of everything else you always got me and I’m a bit of everything in one. The road is harder when you do this shit, the road is much harder, because a lot of people is set in they ways. They don’t want to hear no other shit, they don’t want to hear no big words, or a nigga saying shit they don’t know, but Tech N9ne makes it exciting. I’m not just saying that because it’s me, I listen to that shit. Sometimes I would say a word and be like “Damn man I didn’t even know I was that smart”. I’m a tell you when I’m writing rhymes man my brain got so many words I got to sit next to a dictionary. I would say a word when I’m writing and will be like “Damn let me make sure I’m using this word in the right context”.

Every time I would check it I would say it in the right context and it’s like my brain holds all this information from the past when I used to read a whole lot, it still retained all that shit. It’s like it’s not even me when I’m writing it, but it’s me and my life. Sometimes people will be like “Damn it’s dope, but its wierd, I never heard no shit like that”. I set out to do that Q because I wanted to stand out, yes it made my road harder, but now look, it’s growing like a forest-fire.

I’m not going to lie you did your thing on the Everready album with that “Bout ToBubble” shit!

Yeah man I’m a B-Boy that’s how you know. Niggas don’t know nothing about no “Art of Noise” nigga, that was break dancing that came out when I was in the 6th grade. I lived next door to a DJ named DJ Juice, he played it for me and fucked my head up. That’s “The Art of Noise” real hip-hop heads know what that is. When I was thinking about doing “Bout To Bubble” I was like nigga that’s dope. That’s B-Boy shit all day.

Like you said on the song smoking, drinking, humping, and liking it!

And liking it, I’m serious! I’m a big movie fan man and I got that from John Leguizamo on Spawn when he was a little clown. He said something to Spawn like “Your homeboy just got with your wife and said something like their doing it, loving, it and liking it” [laughs}. It was something like that, but it was funny as fuck. Me and Kalicko was saying how John was a clown in “Spawn” then Kalicko was like let’s put that in “Bout To Bubble” and I was like that’s perfect. We just put the drinking, smoking, and humping.

You know what’s the funny thing Tech N9ne out of all the interviews I did every one with you we always engaged in a crazy conversation. What I like most about you is that your one of my best people to interview, because a lot of these rappers I interview be big-headed, just want to talk about themselves. What is it about you that makes you so down to earth and cool as hell to fuck with?

I’m everyday people man and it’s a blessing to be able to write my life and people actually giving a fuck. When I’m doing interviews it’s just regular conversation we just talking. It’s not rehearsed, I’m still laying in my bed man looking at my ceiling fan that’s what everyday people do if they got a motherfucking ceiling fan. I’m everyday people, my brain might be abnormal because some of the shit I do normal people can’t do and I think God for that. Bigge said “Niggas bleed like us”, we the same people man and were just different. That’s what makes my interviews much more relaxed and it’s not uptight.

You asked me a question “So what’s up with the Paul Wall Tour”? Yeah “We about to go on tour next week” and then that’s it. But what about your new album? “My new album a lot of banging tracks, new people on it, coming out July 1st”. That’s boring, but I don’t know how to be that because I can only be me. That’s all I can give so it’s always going to be like this with me. I get to be me in every situation when I’m writing, doing interviews, when I’m on TV it’s just normal people for real.

Shit, we’ve been talking to each other like we know each other already!

Exactly, because we got something in common were human beings man. We can offend each other real quick by saying some stupid shit, but were human. That shit can happen it’s like natural impulse, if you get a good vibe from me then you have a good vibe. Or if I get on the phone like man “Fuck this interview, I don’t even know who the fuck you are, you waking me up 11 o’clock in the morning I ain’t got time for this shit”. Man that’s fucked up and I don’t even feel like that. I thank you for even being concerned in trying to get my word out to the people through this. It’s wonderful that’s why I’m going to do those drops for you man, because you don’t have to do this shit. It’s a million motherfuckin rappers and you fuckin with Tech N9ne.

You know the funny thing, it’s a lot of rappers that I interview and when I’m interviewing them they act like they doing me a favor, but to turn it around they need us journalist sto keep they name out there!

Exactly, motherfuckers get to full of themselves man! They get some money and forget it’s about the fans man. They forget without the fans nigga you wouldn’t be having this fuckin Bentley, you wouldn’t have that Maybach, that’s what fucks me up. I always said my first car was going to be a Benz and I wouldn’t do nothing for myself until I could afford a Benz. All these years I’ve been buying my wife her car and stuff like that then this year on my Birthday I got my ’08 Benz man.

It’s because of my fans and I always tell my fans “You Did This”. You motherfuckers go out buying my albums, ask me for my autograph when I come out, ya’ll did this and thank you. The fans give a fuck and when these niggas get so big they forget it. They forget that if they don’t care about you nobody cares. They will download your album in a minute especially if you’re an asshole. Don’t be fake if you really don’t feel like doing something. A lot of fans would come up to me and be like “Rap for me” then I’ll be like man I can’t I need my voice for the studio tomorrow and they respect it. I don’t be “Yes Master” to everybody. I don’t look the same no more after I cut the red-hair off and bitches would come up to me like “Your not Tech N9ne” and I’m like “Yes I am baby”. A lot of times you got to be real, but you gotta be respectful at the same time. I don’t rap for everybody that come up to me and ask, but I’m a real dude and they feel that.

That’s what’s good you love the fans we appreciate that everyday!

Yeah man that ain’t no bullshit to keep getting money, that’s reality. There was a time when a lot of fans were on my website www.therealtechn9ne.com talking shit about my business partner Travis. I’m a real motherfucker and I didn’t like it. I told them I don’t give a fuck if you buy my album or not motherfucker, you ain’t going to get on here and talk shit to my motherfuckin nigga. When you got a best friend and somebody talking shit about them or whatever you don’t give a fuck if they paying your bills, nigga we gonna fight.

This is my loved one so a lot of my fans was like “Damn that’s fucked up, you just told us don’t buy your fuckin album”. I’m like “Yeah if you coming on here and got something negative to say I don’t want to hear it”.

A lot of my fans was like “Damn Tech just told us he don’t give a fuck if we don’t buy his album”. I’m like naw if motherfuckers is on here talking shit I’m a real dude so excuse me if I have to get up in your ass! Fuck your money if you ain’t with us. That’s how I feel and that’s real dude talk. The fans respected that man, because I can only be real. Maybe I lost some sales that day who gives a fuck! When you step to us the wrong way you ain’t gonna get no motherfuckin sambo acting out of us just because you support Strange Music. This is real nigga shit, you know. Does that make sense?

Makes sense to me!

Some don’t understand it, but I think they will in the long run. If you threatening my people I don’t give a fuck if you buying records, nigga let’s go. Meet me in front of the landmark and we can go. You might beat my ass, but I don’t know. I will defend our honor I can tell you that.

So Tech N9ne will ride for Strange Music if it goes down?

Man I ain’t no violent person and I know a lot of rappers say this, but I actually grew up in the hood. I done seen it all, but I ain’t a violent person. I love to see peace, because I’ve been to a lot of funerals with young homies and shit like that. I don’t want to see it no more, but if something goes down and disrespect does come our way I’ll do what I know and what I know is to defend our honor. If somebody comes talking crazy to us and doing something to us positive brothers, who are people that really want to party, that treats everybody with respect, obviously that’s a demon.

I will fuckin kill a demon, because I’m a angel. I call myself an angel/demon, because were wordly angels. We live down here where evil is greater and it’s fucked up because we love a lot, but evil runs the country. It’s like when you live amongst demons you pick up some of their character traits. So yeah the majority of me is love, but we know how to get demonic on they ass. I don’t mean I’m a satan-worshipper or no shit like that, because they ain’t never been me though people say that. We can really get grimy if things come our way, because the majority of us are angels. That ain’t no psychotic shit to say that’s real. Angels will fuckin put these demons to rest and that ain’t no bragging shit like we the toughest niggas.

Biggie did say “Niggas bleed like us”, but that’s a real thing to say. We will defend ourselves from these demons that come and hate. E-40 said people “Playa Hate” and their haters. Haters gotta be the demon, but the lovers gotta be the angels. That’s what we do, we love a lot through music. We love a lot, we love a lot on tour with these bitches [laughs] that love our music so we give them love back. Whether it be in the back of the bus, the hotel room, back alley, I don’t know, but we show love baby. I don’t want to go out of my spiritual tandem, but you understand what I’m saying.

Tech N9ne we thank you for the interview getting down with Sixshot.com, I appreciate me and you getting down for the 3rd time. Throw out a website and myspace for the fans to reach out on what’s coming next?

You can expect all types of shit from Tech N9ne in 08, my Psycumentary DVD is coming out April 8th. Krizz Kaliko is coming next with Vitiligo, next after that we have Grave Plott that’s Killa C and Liquid Assassin. Next after that is Prozak, then Ill Bill, then after that is Killer, then we got Skatterman and Snug Brim, and then you have Cutt Calhoun with Feature Presentation, it’s going to be a big year.

I tell all my fans celebrate life, because motherfuckers is trying to run this country over money. You never know when man is going to blow this motherfucker up so kick it like donkeys and swing it like monkeys. Tell the people that you love them, because you never know when this motherfucker is going to go up in flames like Jim Morrison say. Celebrate life and live everyday like it’s your last even if your broke. Celebrate life all day, all night man!

This interview was conducted and written by Quinton Hatfield for Sixshot.com