World of Warcraft (the movie, Sam Raimi)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
July 21, 2009 - The first big step in taking the Warcraft franchise to the big screen has just dropped.

Legendary Pictures and Blizzard Entertainment have announced that Sam Raimi, director of the Spider-Man trilogy, will be taking the reigns of the upcoming Warcraft movie.

Charles Roven, who previously worked on The Dark Knight, is set to produce the film alongside Raimi.

"At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story," said Raimi. "I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen."

Blizzard's chief operating officer Paul Sams said Raimi is the best choice for the film.

"Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have a shared vision for this film and we searched at length to find the very best director to bring that vision to life," said Sams.

"From our first conversation with Sam, we could tell he was the perfect choice. Sam knows how to simultaneously satisfy the enthusiasts and the mainstream audience that might be experiencing that content for the first time. We're looking forward to working with him to achieve that here."

No other details, such as cast and a release date, were not made in this announcement. But who knows, with Comic-Con at hand, there may be more news coming. Keep checking back with IGN.
Wow, just when I thought he was gonna stop directing gay ass spiderman, and was goin back to horror. :ermm:

Jul 6, 2008
that is gay as fuck. what happened to creativity for Hollywood. evrythings based off of other things, besides coming up with shit on your own.

what a teerrible decade for entertainment, wow. disgusting i cant stand society anymore.

i can entertain myself with some drugs, a cut out shoebox, a couple of plastic green lil army dudes and plasitc farm animals, lmao - than deal with mainstream pop culture americanized bullshit.