WOLVERINE 3: Hugh Jackman Teases Sabretooth's Potential Return & 'Berserker Rage'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 26, 2014

In 2017, Hugh Jackman's historic run as Wolverine is (sadly) coming to an end. A few weeks ago, Jackman took to Twitter to ask fans what they wanted to see in the Wolverine 3 and now during a recent podcast, he revealed a few of the responses he received.. Come check it out!

The third Wolverine film, which hits theaters early 2017, will sadly be Hugh Jackman's eighth (possibly ninth or tenth) and final performance as the iconic mutant. At San Diego Comic-Con, Jackman unveiled the first teaser image from the James Mangold-directed sequel, and not long after, he took to Facebook to ask fans what they would like to see in Wolverine's final adventure, which will also star the original Charles Xavier, Patrick Stewart.

During a recent appearance on the Sydney Confidential podcast, Jackman took a few moments to tease a few of the responses he received and what we may see in the highly anticipated sequel:

Sydney Confidential: "When you tweeted about Wolverine 3 the other day, the response was huge!"

Hugh Jackman: "Yeah, unbelievable."

SC: "Give me something about Wolverine, what's happening? you bringing it back to Australia? The story..?"

Jackman: "There were a lot of calls for Victor Creed to come back, there was... I must admit I was quite heartened by a number of people saying please don't make it the last, but I'm really excited about this last one, and if you're a comic book fan, then the words 'berserker rage' came up a lot, so if you know Wolverine, you'll understand."

Considering this is Wolverine's last ride, the return of long-time adversary Victor Creed, played most recently by Liev Schreiber, would likely be a welcome addition, although it is probably still a little too early to say whether we'll actually see him or not. As for the berserker rage, almost all Wolverine fans will probably agree that they would love to see the beloved mutant tear his enemies limb from limb one last time before he rides off into the sunset.

For those of you unfamiliar, the berserker rage is a state of mind where Wolverine, generally in close combat situations, will lash out with the intensity and agression of an enraged animal and become even more resistant to psionic attacks. We've seen a few teases of Wolverine's berserker rage throughout the course of the franchise, specifically in 2003's X2 and more recently, in the Unleashed Extended Edition for 2013's The Wolverine.

Sabretooth and the berserker rage are a good start, but let's hope the classic costume and/or some classic villains, Omega Red perhaps, were on the long list of responses as well. What else would you guys like to see? Sound off with your thoughts below!

Also, check out Jackman's comments for yourself in the podcast snippet below:

WOLVERINE 3: Hugh Jackman Teases Sabretooth's Potential Return & 'Berserker Rage'