Why do actors act like they are so deep and wise?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2008
Why do actors act like they are so deep and wise?
Some musicians do this to. The sad part is, alot of fans buy into the crap.

Yes you are a millionaire, but basically, you are paid to pretend that you are someone else.

That doesnt make you wise and all-knowing. I'd rather hear some words from Cornell West or Michael Eric Dyson than listen to Colin Farell.

Ever see an interview with Leonardo Di Caprio? You'd swear dude thought he was some sort of all-knowing Guru.

Maybe i'm wrong but has anyone else ever noticed this?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
DiCaprio is actually quite intelligent.

There are actors out there with acutely high IQ's. Kevin Cline, James Woods, and Glenn Close all have extremely high IQ's.

But for the most part, there's a lot of info in these few posts that are very correct.

Some suffer from low self esteem, and it can be argued the reason all actors act is because of some self-deficiency of a kind in their personal lives.

Monetarily, some actors believe that gives them the right to over think and act smarter than they are.

The only difference between that jack ass at the grocery store aiming his gas-prices plot at you and Tobey Macguire is Mr. Macguire gets paid the big bucks to talk and act as if he gives a fuck.

Dec 29, 2008
well i jacked this post from the ic. i thought it was on point and kinda funny. however i think the art of acting does require intelligence just not the type of intelligence you'd use in political discussions and what not.

Kayne

Sicc OG
Oct 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
I think if I had the money I would be more educated then I am. Having more time to read and educate myself. So in a way I think some of them are educated. But I get what you are saying.