Twin Peaks Season 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
the only thing that's bothering me is that there's been so many continuity errors, to the point that either they were working with too many editors, which is fine, or it's intentional and that leads to the whole "everything's a dream" ending which I'm hoping against.
The continuity of scenes has been out of order the whole season & ties into the themes/lore. The lodges exist outside of time, electricity being a conduit to cross over has either a direct or alternating current. We saw a direct example of that when naido switched current sin ep 3 & coop went from glitching out to moving regularly. I think just the roadhouse was the dream, which I'm fine with it explains the weird dialogue but I still can't call it lol.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Spoilers

I know there's no way to explain that, but I'm thinking that it's multiple dreams. Audrey dreamt everything at the roadhouse, Laura dreamt everything in Twin Peaks, and Cooper dreamt all the blue rose stuff.
Audrey woke up looking in the mirror in e15, Laura woke up either at the end of FWWM when she was the angel or when she screamed in the forest, and Cooper woke up when the show ended.

Edit- oh shit, and the red room was all of them in the same dream... Audrey never appears there but The Arm quotes her a couple of times

Last edited:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
That's the optimistic take. I read it as coop tried to inception a level or 2 through alternate realities, Bob stopped existing in one reality which took all of Twin Peaks with it. Coop with the help of Diane tried to reunite Laura with Sarah but failed. Maybe it was the mother/Judy Tricking him I'm not sure, but to me it's clear he fucked up somewhere and he failed again like in the end of season 2.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Yeah to add to that, I seent an idea that after Cooper changed the timeline Judy changed it further back which is why everything was different. Comes down to Cooper being trapped in a maze of time and dreams, just like you said with the end of s2. Even without any payoffs besides dopplecoop I really liked it. The original series was a soap opera and those never have a definitive ending in order to keep them on the air forever so I thought it was a fitting thing for Lynch to do

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Well that ending was largely unsatisfysing. Leave it to Lynch to always leave things with more questions than answers. That said, it's still one of the best seasons of TV I've ever seen and deserves multiple re-watches

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
here's the Soundtrack & Score in FLAC for anyone interested

rhino.com said:
It’s been almost a week now since the conclusion of Twin Peaks: The Return, and the world is still reeling from the way it concluded. (We can’t say “the way it ended,” because we still don’t want to believe that it’s all over.) Thankfully, we here at Rhino can offer at least a little bit of musical salve to fill the vacuum left by the series.

As of today, you can walk into your friendly neighborhood record store – or, failing that, you can walk up to whatever electronic device you use to access the internet – and purchase not one but two CDs worth of Twin Peaks music:

• TWIN PEAKS: LIMITED EVENT SERIES SOUNDTRACK
  • TWIN PEAKS: MUSIC FROM THE LIMITED EVENT SERIES
What’s the difference between the two? Quite a bit, actually.

TWIN PEAKS: LIMITED EVENT SERIES SOUNDTRACK features the moody instrumental material that kept you on the edge of your seat throughout the course of the 18 episodes, which means you get lots of Angelo Badalamenti, of course, along with contributions from Muddy Magnolias, Grady Tate, Johnny Jewel, Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestra / Witold Rowicki, David Lynch & Dean Hurley, Chromatics, and Thought Gang, which – spoiler alert – is actually the aforementioned Mr. Badalamenti teamed with the equally-aforementioned Mr. Lynch.

TWIN PEAKS: MUSIC FROM THE LIMITED EVENT SERIES, on the other hand, offers the material that was spotlighted in the Roadhouse and various other locales throughout the world of Twin Peaks, and it’s a remarkably diverse bunch of tunes from a variety of time periods. In addition to contributions from The Platters (“My Prayer”), Booker T. and The M.G.’s (“Green Onions”), ZZ Top (“Sharp Dressed Man”), and Otis Redding (“I’ve Been Loving You Too Long”), you also get material from Nine Inch Nails, Eddie Vedder, Julee Cruise, Shawn Colvin, Rebekah Del Rio, the Cactus Blossoms, and many others.

Below you’ll find the full track listing, but in case you’re wondering about the possibility on vinyl releases of these albums, just know that they’re forthcoming, they’ll be available by the end of the month, and they’ll be worth the wait.
Twin Peaks: Limited Event Series Soundtrack [FLAC; 390MB]

1. Twin Peaks Theme by Angelo Badalamenti
2. American Woman (David Lynch Remix) by Muddy Magnolias
3. Laura Palmer's Theme (Love Theme From Twin Peaks) by Angelo Badalamenti
4. Accident / Farewell Theme by Angelo Badalamenti
5. Grady Groove (feat. Grady Tate) by Angelo Badalamenti
6. Windswept (Reprise) by Johnny Jewel
7. Dark Mood Woods / The Red Room by Angelo Badalamenti
8. The Chair by Angelo Badalamenti
9. Deer Meadow Shuffle by Angelo Badalamenti
10. Threnody For The Victims Of Hiroshima (with Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestra) by Witold Rowicki
11. Slow 30s Room by David Lynch & Dean Hurley
12. The Fireman by Angelo Badalamenti
13. Saturday (Instrumental) by Chromatics
14. Headless Chicken by Thought Gang
15. Night by Angelo Badalamenti
16. Heartbreaking by Angelo Badalamenti
17. Audrey's Dance by Angelo Badalamenti
18. Dark Space Low by Angelo Badalamenti

Twin Peaks (Music From The Limited Event Series) [FLAC; 452MB]

01. Angelo Badalamenti – Twin Peaks Main Theme (Edit) (01:29)
02. Chromatics – Shadow (03:44)
03. The Cactus Blossoms – Mississippi (03:59)
04. Au Revoir Simone – Lark (04:15)
05. Blunted Beatz – I Am (01:45)
06. The Paris Sisters – I Love How You Love Me (02:05)
07. Trouble – Snake Eyes (03:52)
08. Sharon Van Etten – Tarifa (Roadhouse Mix) (04:46)
09. Nine Inch Nails – She's Gone Away (06:00)
10. The Platters – My Prayer (02:45)
11. Rebekah Del Rio – No Stars (07:20)
12. Shawn Colvin – Viva Las Vegas (04:46)
13. James Marshall – Just You (03:35)
14. Booker T. & The M.G.'s – Green Onions (02:52)
15. Lissie – Wild West (Roadhouse Mix) (03:39)
16. ZZ Top – Sharp Dressed Man (04:13)
17. The Veils – Axolotl (Roadhouse Mix) (03:03)
18. Eddie Vedder – Out Of Sand (03:26)
19. Otis Redding – I've Been Loving You Too Long (Live From Monterey Pop) (04:05)
20. Julee Cruise – The World Spins (06:38)

mega.nz/#F!vocVzDjY!uQr_rhbwo5JbhDYVjbfgdw

Last edited: