Twin Peaks Season 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
the zone + shaggys head exploding was fucking awesome
dougie and the cherry pie was fucking awesome
hawk teaching truman about fire/electricity+corn= black flame (lodge?) was fucking awesome

but the lady honking the horn and screaming at bobby about the zombie girl was the best fucking thing I've ever seent on tv

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yea this episode ruled across the board, the sequence of touching family moment with Bobby, Shelly & Becky devolving into a nightmare sequence was God tier. Right up there with the mike honking sequence of FWWM. Also belushi was really likable this ep lol.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
That's funny you say that right before arguably the weakest episode of the season lol. I'm still inclined to agree with you tho but this ep was lynch fucking with our expectations in nearly every scene. They all just ran too long or were about characters we haven't even heard of prior to it. I'm on board with it but I understand why there's already a lot of backlash for this one lol.

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
I think as a standalone episode it's been the most underwhelming so far, but i'm kinda approaching this show as a singular piece and even this episode had some gems in it. Like Sarah Palmer freaking out in the grocery store over turkey jerky and I thought the David Lynch hotel scene with the french woman was great how he just kept pushing the awkwardness.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
sooooo...
sarah palmer has the frog-moth from that abomination thing (black lodge) crawl in her mouth and possess her with the anti-mother, the fireman and the heavy lady (white lodge) combat this by impregnating her with laura. Leland gets possessed by BOB to kill Laura and clear the way for the black lodge to replace everyone in twin peaks (the world?) with doppelgangers. Cooper stops it but is replaced by DoppelCoop, without the white lodge being able to counter it, which leads to a bunch of pain and misery in Twin Peaks ever since. Maybe the portals only open enough for one side to destroy the other every 25 years so that's why its taken so long for both sides to set up their moves for this new battle (doppelcoop doing whatever he's doing, the british guy with the rubber glove, the japanese lady without eyes). That sound right to everyone???

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
yea maybe but theres so much ambiguity with the intentions of the lodge entities i cant really call it. are mike & bob of equal importance/power? is mike "good"? we saw angels within the black lodge & nowhere else.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Yeah you right.
I just read the season 2 finale script. The scenes with Earle are a lot different, once he gets to Glastonbury Grove and then the black lodge it gets a lot more vaudevilain. Once Coop gets in he has visions of his dad and sees Dopplecoop a couple times. I know it's not canon but this part's interesting.
EARLE
Some people, I won't name names, they call the place Hell. I don't have to tell you what they call the other place. Needless to say, they've got it all backwards. This is the place of power. The other's a revolting mixture of milk-curdling sentimentality and bland acquiescence to the cosmic equivalent of good table manners.
Earle tells Coop he needs to willingly sacrifice himself for Annie to make Earle king. A dentist comes out which ends up being BOB, he tells Coop that Earle fucked up but he's still going to keep Coop, and as he's about to stab him Laura grabs his arm and a big flash of light brings Coop & Annie back to the forest where Truman finds them. Then instead of the "Where's Annie?!" ending, Coop just looks in the mirror and has Bob's face.

Twin Peaks Episode 29 script

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
that was my fav episode I think. Nadine apologizing to Ed + otis redding, Jeffries evolving into a fucking tea kettle, Richard knowing Cooper from a picture his mom kept, Steven killing himself, one punch man trashing those guys, Mr Todd getting his head blown off, Cooper maybe coming back please, Log Lady giving the most emotional scene they've done... damn fine episode.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
That's a flex when you think about it. Lynch used the critical flop of FWWM to drive a lot of creative decisions like bogarting coop for so long. He still made some of his best work to date while tying a hand behind his back.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Best show on TV, best episode since 8. From Richard exploding to the roadhouse sequence. So many amazing moments. One more week/2 more hours and I honestly still don't know what to expect. Pretty much the exact opposite from GoT.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
it's pretty funny knowing that people figured out Jon Snow's parents like 12 years ago, compared to the shit I'm seeing online of people trying to figure out how this is going to end. Been reading Naido=the real Diane, Janey-E is the real Diane and also the Diane from Mulholland Drive, the Laura that died was a Tulpa and the real one is Judy... it's hilarious

the only thing that's bothering me is that there's been so many continuity errors, to the point that either they were working with too many editors, which is fine, or it's intentional and that leads to the whole "everything's a dream" ending which I'm hoping against.