Spawn reboot- Todd Mcfarlane Updates

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2012
Writer Todd McFarlane offers an update on the planned Spawn reboot, revealing that an Academy Award-winning actor is attached. He also says that a new animates series based on the Image Comics character is in development.

Speaking with MTV Geek at Toy Fair, writer Todd McFarlane offers an update on the next Spawn film. A sequel to the critically panned 1997 film was in the works, but in 2009, it was reported that McFarlane was working on a stand-alone script which would be completely different from the original. Now, he says that he's still working on the script, and he reveals that an Oscar-winning actor is on board (though he won't say who). "I continue writing pages here and there. I have a guy waiting in the sidelines, an Academy Award-winning actor. Every three weeks he's on the phone going, 'Todd, where's the script? Todd, where's the script?' I can't say who it is. You could [narrow it down].

"He came out to the office. He gave me his pitch, and I gave him mine," he added. "The pitch I gave was that we could do ten of these for the next ten years and he wouldn't have to be 22 for the rest of his life." Additionally, McFarlane stated that a new Spawn animated series is in the works, saying that they're now able to do things that weren't able to be done on the HBO series which ran 1997-1999. "We have 90 minutes all set and ready to go, other than sending it to an animation house. We've done all the voice recordings, we've done all the backgrounds, so the technology is way better than it was a decade ago; there are some spectacular things we can do now that we weren't able to when we were on HBO."

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
hope the new movie really happens and it will be dope. theres been talk about new spawn movie for years now, i remember when it was about to be more like se7en and more about sam & twitch than spawn, which would've been cool. og movie was fucking horrible

og cartoon series was nice tho, hope the new one is also

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
hope the new movie really happens and it will be dope. theres been talk about new spawn movie for years now, i remember when it was about to be more like se7en and more about sam & twitch than spawn, which would've been cool. og movie was fucking horrible

og cartoon series was nice tho, hope the new one is also
yea i agree that they can finally get the movie right this time, cartoon might be weak by comparison(to the OG) tho

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
HBO cartoon spawn was great, especially if you got to see the unedited version...the movie was a disgrace to the spawn franchise i thought...i think Idris Elba could do better than michael jai white though

in case anyone doesnt know the name

Last edited:
Props: ChangoLoco14
Jul 26, 2014
update:

Casting is officially underway for Todd McFarlane’s reboot of Spawn. Spawn is a beloved cult comic revolving around Al Simmons, an assassin who is betrayed by his bosses and brutally murdered. He makes a literal deal with the devil to come back to Earth as a Hellspawn to see his family again, and in the process becomes an anti-hero on the streets of New York. The comic is best known for McFarlane’s distinct art style and dense mythology, and it was previously adapted into a live-action movie in 1997.

Todd McFarlane Meeting With Actors For Spawn Movie Roles