sons of anarchy

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2012
Kurt Sutter talks future of "Sons Of Anarchy'

Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images

December 10, 2012
By: Dawn Jones

With "Sons of Anarchy" having just finished season 5, creator Kurt Sutter gives a glimpse into the show's future (Starpulse, Dec 9) and discusses a bit of this past season. Sutter who also plays Otto on the show has stated in the past that the show will end with season 7. He may have a change of heart if he feels Samcro and the town of Charming still have a story left to tell.

Sutter says “I don’t want to just extend the show for another season for the sake of doing an eighth season. What I don’t want to do is pad and fluff and drag … out that really should be happening in seven seasons for the sake of just doing another season. Even though I’m sure the fans would love another season, I know I don’t want to do that. My sense is if I get halfway through the storytelling in Season 6, I’ll have a pretty good sense of whether or not I can tie it all up in seven.”

He also says that he would love to have Drea de Matteo (Wendy) and Jimmy Smitts (Nero) back depending on their schedules. Donald Logue (Lee Toric) will definitely be back in season 6. Sutter said he achieved his goals in season 5 with Jax (Charlie Hunnam) taking over the club. He also mentions that he had to kill off Opie (Ryan Hurst) to force Jax into that role and to really become the leader, a move that shocked the most hardened "SOA" fan. “Something that knocked the wind out of the audience and the club enabled me to show what kind of man and leader [Jax] would become,"

And with the choices that Jax is making, It looks as though he is turning into Clay more and more. He has done what he needed to in order to solve Samcro's troubles however his family life is falling apart. Tara was leaving Charming with the boys, with or without him. She finally left but not how she imagined, she was sitting in a jail cell the last we saw her. Sutter says he wants Jax to reach the point where he is left wondering if this is the role he is meant to play and maybe he is better at being an outlaw than a family man.

Kim Coates (Tig) agrees with the change in Jax and shares what he knows of season 6: “ in my opinion, Jax turned into such a young Clay, such a prick at the end. And Gemma’s just — whoa, are you kidding me? And Tara’s gonna go to jail, Clay’s goin’ to jail. I’m left with a dog. Bobby’s rippin’ the VP patch off. Chibs, who’s backed Jax’s every move, he’s gotta be upset about everything. Juice, well, you know, if he cries one more time, I’m gonna punch him in the face."

Rockmond Dunbar (Eli Roosevelt) notes notes how his character is also losing control after the death of his wife (They just found out she was pregnant for heaven's sake!) Rockmond says all these other guys need to be watching their backs because he is "on the edge."

As for Clay (Ron Perlman), Sutter hasn't yet decided if he will make it out of season 6. Season 5 was less than kind to Clay with losing leadership of the club and watching Gemma move on with Nero. The last time we saw Clay, he was sitting in the paddy wagon. Ron had this to say about Sutter and "SOA": "the brilliance of Kurt Sutter and how he is the best at moving forward, never standing still, never going backward to the point where we’re always uncomfortable with where we’re going because there’s nothing we’ve never done that indicates where we are now. I don’t think Kurt gets enough credit for the fact that he assembled this particular band of ne’r-do-wells who people the world of Sons of Anarchy. "