Ron Perlman Says Hellboy 3 Must Happen

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2012

Today at the Ron Perlman Q&A in the IGN Theater at C2E2, Hellboy himself, Ron Perlman, answered the one question most on fans' minds: Will we get a Hellboy 3?

While mimicking a prize fighter punching, Perlman said, "I've been giving Guillermo body shots for two years. We both walked away from Hellboy 2 agreeing that there would never be another one. But, with the passage of time, it became clear to me that he really always designed it as a trilogy. He has a very well-articulated idea of what the resolve would look like and it's amazingly theatrical and is epic in scope and would make for amazing cinema, with or without the first two movies.

"But there are so many questions posed in the first two films that absolutely need to be answered. I said, 'You owe it to the world to finish this trilogy.' I've been giving him Jewish guilt."

He went on to say that del Toro's numerous projects make it hard to get the movie"He's just so busy, but I'm going to keep working away at the body. I'm pushing seventy so he better f****** do this soon."
C2E2: Hellboy 3 Must Happen, Says Perlman - IGN

Mar 7, 2004
ive always said if they kill off clay im done with the show. he's the best bad character in the whole show.if they kill him off on the finally of the last season then ill be happy.but he makes that show like him or not. and yes gay ass jax dose to.

Jul 26, 2014
fuck it posting this here.

Actor David Harbour, who stars as Hellboy in the upcoming reboot, explains the darker nature of the character attracted him to the role that he calls "the most physical" he's ever had to play.

There's plenty of intrigue and excitement surrounding the upcoming Hellboy reboot, starring David Harbour. Speaking to Variety, the actor shed some light on the highly anticipated film, referring to it as a "monster movie that's dark and scary."

Revealing what attracted him to the film, Harbour explained that he had read the Mike Mignola graphic novels when he was in his 20s, and likened superhero movies to the mythos of ancient Greece. "Superhero movies are the mythos of modern America," Harbour said. "The ancient Greeks had Agamemnon, Achilles, and Cressida, and we have Captain America, Iron Man, and Superman. They are mythos, so I wanted to be involved in that conversation."

What really attracted him to the role, however, was the darker nature Hellboy - a different take on the American superhero mythos we so often seen on the big screen these days.

“These movies have been of a certain brand. With ‘Deadpool’ and ‘Logan,’ they are trying to do different things. So we are trying to do our own brand of that," Harbour said, likening the reboot's scarier tone to Greek tragedian Euripedes' darker take on Electra.

He added, “I was really excited by that concept — to make a real monster movie that’s dark and scary and about the end of the world.”

Check out Harbour's full comments on his role in Hellboy, including the challenges that come with assuming the signature superhero in the video below.

Jul 26, 2014
David Harbour's version of the characters hits theaters Jan. 11, 2019.

Hellboy is just a little over a year from returning to theaters.

Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment have set a release date of Jan. 11, 2019 for the reboot that stars David Harbour as the wise-cracking, well-meaning half-demon. The Descent and Game of Thrones' helmer Neil Marshall is directing the project, which also stars Milla Jovovich, Ian McShane, Daniel Dae Kim.

Hellboy creator Mike Mignola is penning the script with Andrew Cosby and Christopher Golden. Mignola created Hellboy in 1993 as an indie comic about a demon, raised by a professor, working to fight supernatural evildoers for an organization called Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense. Ron Perlman played the character in two films directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Those films, released in 2004 and 2008 were well-loved by fans and helped propel the character to new levels of popularity. The Jan. 11, 2019 date was actually previously reported in September via Empire, but was denied by the studio at the time.

Lionsgate and Summit also announced Thursday that they will open the James Franco crime thriller Kin on Aug. 31, 2018. The film, which is described as having a sci-fi twist, comes from directors Jonathan Baker and Josh Baker centers on a recently released ex-con (Jack Reynor) and his teen brother (Myles Truitt) as they are pursued by a criminal (Franco), law enforcement and otherworldy soldiers. The directors wrote the script with Daniel Casey.

'Hellboy' Reboot Sets 2019 Release Date | Hollywood Reporter