Ride Along 3 in the Works with Ice Cube and Kevin Hart

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 26, 2014
Ride Along 3 is in development with series screenwriter Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi, reports TheWrap. Ice Cube and Kevin Hart are expected to reprise the roles of James Payton and Ben Barber, respectively.

“We’re writing the script right now, we’re writing away and basically, I’m waiting to see some pages and we’re excited for the idea and what it can be and of course bringing Kevin [Hart] and Ice Cube back together because they are the greatest odd couple in the world,” series director Tim Story told the site. “I’m impatiently waiting for a script to be given to me. We have some great ideas.”

The films have earned over $278 million at the worldwide box office. The 2014 first film earned $154.5 million at the global box office on a $25 million budget, while the sequel was released this January and earned $124.2 million worldwide. It was made for $40 million.

The sequel also starred Ken Jeong (“Community,” The Hangover Trilogy), Benjamin Bratt (Despicable Me 2, “Law & Order”), Olivia Munn (“The Newsroom,” X-Men: Apocalypse), Bruce McGill (Collateral, “Rizzoli & Isles”), Tika Sumpter (Ride Along, Salt) and Sherri Shepherd (“The View,” Precious).

Based on characters created by Greg Coolidge, Ride Along 2 was executive produced by Nicolas Stern, Ron Muhammad, Scott Bernstein, Chris Bender and JC Spink

Ride Along 3 in the Works with Ice Cube and Kevin Hart