The Protector 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Houston
The first one has the worst story line ever, but it is like 80 minutes worth of Tony Jaa breakin people off. One of the my favorite martial arts films ever
The 80 minute version is the American release version, where they basically took out everything in the movie except the fight scenes. It just jumped from one fight scene to the next and made almost no sense. I recommend watching the International version, which is about 2 hours long and actually has the story in it. It may not be the greatest story ever, but it makes the movie more watchable. If you own it, the international version is on disc 2 I think.

Apr 2, 2010
Looks great, but I have to keep it real...there is a ton of CGI in that trailer lol

nvm, didn't realize there was a 3D effect, makes the shit look really fake...interesting

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
The 80 minute version is the American release version, where they basically took out everything in the movie except the fight scenes. It just jumped from one fight scene to the next and made almost no sense. I recommend watching the International version, which is about 2 hours long and actually has the story in it. It may not be the greatest story ever, but it makes the movie more watchable. If you own it, the international version is on disc 2 I think.
If that's the case, I'm glad they took out all the nonsense and just made it more about the fight scenes lol

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
I happened to be in Hong Kong when the first one came out. So all I knew was the original cut. Then I saw the US cut and realized that US producers (cough*Weinstein*) must think Americans are stupid. Here's a couple things right off the top of my head that they changed or completely omitted:

In the original cut, his uncle (it was his uncle, not his father) didn't die. The sole motivation for going to Australia was to get back the elephants, not for revenge for killing his uncle/dad. Oh, and that female villain--that's a transgendered dude.

Jan 25, 2009
started watching this today but had stop midway. this movie is so bad so far it was painful to watch.
extremely cheesy CGI plus forced 3D effects and to this point in the movie, fight choreography is below meh
i hope the second part of the movie is better

edit: nope the second part didnt improved
one of the worst movie i saw recently

Last edited:

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
started watching this today but had stop midway. this movie is so bad so far it was painful to watch.
extremely cheesy CGI plus forced 3D effects and to this point in the movie, fight choreography is below meh
i hope the second part of the movie is better

edit: nope the second part didnt improved
one of the worst movie i saw recently
where did you see this at? I cant find any links when i search

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Just got thru watching this. I was really disappointed. It was like a 1/5th of what Protector 1 was. The CGI and 3d ruin the movie. I thought the first was great because the martial arts scenes were believable in almost every scene. In this movie, very few of the scenes are believable. How many sky scrapers can you fall off of in one movie and live?