** Official - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - all versions thread **

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
^
troof.

but please forgive my idiocy..why the fuck are they pretty much identically remaking a movie thats less than 2 years old? fuck that money hungry boolchit.

i mean its cool to get new viewers into the IP but garnette most dont know of the original movie letalone book..

i wonder what larsson would have even thought of the swedish version..

Jan 25, 2009
^
troof.

but please forgive my idiocy..why the fuck are they pretty much identically remaking a movie thats less than 2 years old? fuck that money hungry boolchit.

i mean its cool to get new viewers into the IP but garnette most dont know of the original movie letalone book..

i wonder what larsson would have even thought of the swedish version..
fincher will apparently stick more to the book then swedish vesrion

Mar 18, 2003
I think the hollywood--or some independant organization--needs to spend more time and money investing into doing voice-overs for foreign films, and either re-release them in theaters, or just put them on DVD. I'm not one to bitch about reading subtitles, but I would prefer to never take my eyes away from whats going on in the movie.

I personally didn't think the social network was that good, imo one of the most overrated films of recent memory, Ben Button was OK, Zodiac was mediocre too. If you compare that body of work to Seven & Fight Club, true masterpieces, they just don't even come close.
Agree with everything. Fight Club is one of my favorite movies.

Nov 4, 2002
I think the hollywood--or some independant organization--needs to spend more time and money investing into doing voice-overs for foreign films, and either re-release them in theaters, or just put them on DVD. I'm not one to bitch about reading subtitles, but I would prefer to never take my eyes away from whats going on in the movie.
This is actually a English Dubbed version of the Original for this movie, downloaded it by accident once........

Although you stated your not bitching, which is fine about reading subtitles, i sometimes feel like i need extra energy to watch a foreign flicks and I have seen hundreds, BUT English dubbing has to be the worst concept in the history of cinema. I also understand you point of view about not wanting to take you eyes "off" the movie too.

Apr 2, 2010
lmao I didn't read the news under the trailer posted and thought the movie was already out so I got the original by accident.

Wow that was so powerful, such a great movie. Was on the edge of my seat all in it untill the end.

Also, are the rest of the movies in the series worth watching?

Nov 4, 2002
lmao I didn't read the news under the trailer posted and thought the movie was already out so I got the original by accident.

Wow that was so powerful, such a great movie. Was on the edge of my seat all in it untill the end.

Also, are the rest of the movies in the series worth watching?
Yes, i would say if you enjoyed the first one, the rest are worth watching.

Part 2, is not as gritty as part one, and you can tell that the quality of the cinematography/story line from part 1 is not as evident in part 2. Of course, you have to watch it regardless for part 3, which is very very good.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
excellent crime detective thriller movies..i been meaning to cop the books but to be honest im pretty gangster and all i hear and see talk about the book in real life is women....

fuck it, i'll say its for my hyna

Nov 7, 2006
I personally didn't think the social network was that good, imo one of the most overrated films of recent memory, Ben Button was OK, Zodiac was mediocre too. If you compare that body of work to Seven & Fight Club, true masterpieces, they just don't even come close.

just my opinion of course.

i loved social network but i thought Zodiac was genius. they way he portrayed the obsession with jakes character was awesome, it was a pure cinema movie for me. but yeah Fight Club and Se7en were his best easily but i dont think he personally lacks in his recent movies, just not picking ones that are that exciting like fight club and se7en, this one looks themes like those 2 so i have very high hopes.

Nov 7, 2006
I think the hollywood--or some independant organization--needs to spend more time and money investing into doing voice-overs for foreign films, and either re-release them in theaters, or just put them on DVD. I'm not one to bitch about reading subtitles, but I would prefer to never take my eyes away from whats going on in the movie..
i agree in a way. you usually got watch a foreign film twice to get that full effect. i remember not really like the movie Che first time through for that reason then second time through loving it. but aslong as remakes are good i'm cool with them, i personally thought Let Me In was better than Let The Right One even though that was great aswell.

Apr 2, 2010
Damn just finished the series, I wish it didn't end somehow. I think a interesting angle the movie took was how Blomkvist was so innocent and kind of "soft" and easygoing..Daniel Craig is horrible for this role because hes a bad mother fucker, it just won't balance out with Lisbeth being the perfect counterpart in the original series.

That guy was one hell of a actor too, when he saw the rape footage for the first time..damn that was emotional...Its also crazy how this entire series came out within the same year..

Fuck I'm impressed

Jan 9, 2004
I heard the book was good. I'll have to check that out, then the movie.
If you read the books first, the movies will be horrible. That's my perception. I watched the swedish version after reading the books and of course they dont come near to the entertainment value of the books.

Feb 26, 2006
If you read the books first, the movies will be horrible. That's my perception. I watched the swedish version after reading the books and of course they dont come near to the entertainment value of the books.
^This. I just finished the first book. COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. I need to check out the Swedish version now.

As far as the Mikael Blomkvist role, I kept picturing him as Liam Neeson rather than a Daniel Craig, which imo, would have been a better casting.