**Official** "The Avengers" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Awesome trailer. It gives absolutely nothing away about the enemies they will be fighting other than Loki, though.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

It's supposedly either the Kree, Skrulls, or Thanos who are attacking Earth under an agreement with Loki.

May 16, 2002
Nice! C'mon May!

hells yea, cant wait. all the previous films have been awesome. gay that ed norton aint hulk tho.
They say he's real anal to work with. Wants too much involvement in the editing, camera shots etc. Marvel / Paramount wasn't having it.

Aug 16, 2003
Watching this trailer made me spaz out again for this movie..Fuck them for making me wait until next March lol

The trailer was great..but I wish they had shown pics of Red Skull...I know hes in this motherfucker

May 9, 2002
So let me get this straight....there is a 3RD David Banner???? So gay.

Im not into comic books at all now, but was lightweight when i was a kid. It seems that the Avengers were the only real non-mutants they ever dabbled in. Do these folks exist in the same world that the X-Men do?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
So let me get this straight....there is a 3RD David Banner???? So gay.

Im not into comic books at all now, but was lightweight when i was a kid. It seems that the Avengers were the only real non-mutants they ever dabbled in. Do these folks exist in the same world that the X-Men do?
X-Men and The Avenger's have crossed paths a lot. Back in the 80's they even had a X-Men vs. The Avenger's 4 book series.

A couple years ago I saw a Wolverine comic where Captain America showed up and they had a big ass fight throughout the book.

Apr 25, 2002
This could be hit or miss and I think this olds more potential to be a miss, I just hope it isn’t. To me Ironman has been the only stand out of any of these characters in film thus far. The Hulk they can’t figure out how to make appealing no matter how many different Bruce Banners they go through. Thor I’ve never liked as a character and the movie was generally pretty bad. Captian America was a little better, but it just didn’t click for me. Black Widow and Hawkeye are just jokes.

Nov 7, 2006
This could be hit or miss and I think this olds more potential to be a miss, I just hope it isn’t. To me Ironman has been the only stand out of any of these characters in film thus far. The Hulk they can’t figure out how to make appealing no matter how many different Bruce Banners they go through. Thor I’ve never liked as a character and the movie was generally pretty bad. Captian America was a little better, but it just didn’t click for me. Black Widow and Hawkeye are just jokes.
lol @ copynpaste from the trailer thread. but i agree. I love the Iron Man movies and enjoyed the new Hulk movie a little but not enough to own or even rewatch. I really disliked Thor and Captain America though so i feel they might weigh it down unless they're side characters and Downy plays the lead.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Looks like I was right. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I did some quick scrolling of an article titled "ten things to know about before seeing The Avengers" and number ten was the big, bad secret being revealed at the end of this movie.

I'm pretty disappointed as I've managed to stay away from all big spoilers in this five movie arc Marvel has created leading up to this film. I guess I should have known the reach this movie will have would be bigger than my ability to stay away from it.

Oh well. Here's to seeing _________ during the after-credits sequence.