**Official** "The Avengers" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
Watched it on Saturday with my daughter & niece, it's a dope movie and I really liked it!

I'm going to watch it again this coming weekend but in 3D...
if you liked the movie i reccomend rewatching it in 3-d imax. that shit was on point for 3d. also i prefer the staqnd alone iron man movies over this. but this movie was better than the rest of the stand alones.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I'm going to watch it again this coming weekend but in 3D...
I liked it in 3D, but not all of the movie was filmed like that, and to me it helps.

I get a little nauseous when I watch most 3D films, and during the trailers I got real sick feeling after the Spider-Man and Prometheus spots, but once the movie fired up, those feelings went away.

At one point, I took my glasses off and realized the shot of Fury I was watching wasn't in 3D, but the panned shot that followed was. It worked well on this film much better than many films converted to 3D.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
MINOR SPOILERS ABOUND - (character progression, not plot or twists)

As far as the film goes, it would be silly of me to say that I marked out during every scene(except the very beginning which was extremely boring) of the movie, and there were fights and shots in the film that I will likely never forget. I didn't realize that Whedon has only the Serenity directorial credit to his name, which kind of makes this an amazing feat, but given his television and script record, he was a perfect fit.

I really enjoyed Black Widow a lot more than in IM2, and while she had much more fluid dialogue in the film, both her character and Hawkeye's were pretty wasted. Her interrogation scene with Loki was genius, however, and that made an impression on me that she was well involved in the film. Hawkeye being turned baddie at the very beginning left no room for him to expand as a character and everything after that involving him had no impact on me and the relationship I was supposed to latch onto with him.

The most dear scenes to me were of Stark and Banner talking about Hulking out, every Cap and Stark conversation, the "flying monkeys" joke that single-handedly dropped a ton of empathy for Captain America's "man out of time" feelings onto the audience, the numerous jabs at the Avengers cast that Stark hurled at them(Point Break, Legolas, GALAGA jab at S.H.I.E.L.D. operative, prodding Banner to see if he changes, Shakespeare in the Park). I would say that Downey, Jr. stole the show, but I was so involved in what Ruffalo was doing with both Banner and Hulk that I'd have to say he stood out more.

The scene with Loki and Thor where he questions what chaos he's caused is pretty incredible. The pathos of Hiddleston's character is spot on to the character of the comics, and though we don't get to see anguish from Loki for very long, it puts into perspective the relationship he and Thor have and drives home the point of their relationship that began in the Thor movie.

A lot of the fight scenes were incredible, noting the ones that stood out most for me as a fan were Hulk vs. Thor(Thor is the only superhero in the Marvel Universe with enough power to match the Hulk's), Iron Man vs. Thor(and the resulting interference from Cap), Hulk vs. Loki(and the line Hulk drops afterward is awesome), and the numerous beat downs in the streets as the drama really unfolds.

I'll be seeing this one again in theaters a few more times, only without the 3D. The one thing I didn't like about the 3D was that it turned anything not super brightly colored into a muddy mess. The night time scenes were hard to make out and the characters clothes/suits were not as bright as they should be, but the 2D version of the film doesn't suffer from that.

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
dope as fuck

ruffalo was greatest hulk ever

liked loki more in this than in thor, great villain

fun to watch, great action

i hope more cosmic stuff for future marvel movies, we already got cosmic cube, one of the infinity gems (blue thing in lokis staff is the mind gem), we saw infinity gauntlet in thor (also the eye of agamotto was in odins treasure room) and the avengers end credits thing and i read next thor movie is about him travelling other worlds, kinda looking forward to that more than ironman 3 right now

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
when i got really into marvel comics, i hated all that cosmic shit, because it was hella confusing for 10 year old and i fucked with ghostrider, punisher, spiderman and wolverine mostly

that being said, i really looking forward to next wolverine movie, i really hope they do it right, that og comic it based on frank miller written classic story and there gonna be some ninjas

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
not sure what making money has to do with anything i said but yeah i expected for them to be the highest of all time after the weekend so it's no surprise here. it's 4 blockbuster movies all tied into one so it took all the fans from Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk and rolled it all into one.

TDKR has a chance of beating but whether it does or not i still think it will be the better movie regardless, thats all i meant.
well i just quoted you cause you said you got talked into seeing it so i figure you werent really thinking about the movie or wanting to see it. my post was just kinda saying i wasnt thinking about the movie or wanting to see the movie either until i saw how hugely successful it was, which made me interested in it. nothing more

Nov 7, 2006
well i just quoted you cause you said you got talked into seeing it so i figure you werent really thinking about the movie or wanting to see it. my post was just kinda saying i wasnt thinking about the movie or wanting to see the movie either until i saw how hugely successful it was, which made me interested in it. nothing more
word. yeah i meant to say i got talked into seeing it in 3-d. i was most likely gonna see it on my own anyway. but yeah i get what your saying now.

Nov 14, 2002
www.viiicdesign.com
Went to go watch it on Friday but it as sold out for the show time I wanted and there were hella people in line. I finally watched it tonight and it was worth the wait.The fight scenes were dope and this movie kicked ass. I wouldn't mind watching this again.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Not really. Whedon did shoot the ending scene of Captain America with 3D cameras to test, but opted to post-convert instead. The 3D does look nice in this film, though. It doesn't make you nauseous, nor does it feel flat when something comes off the screen in 3D.

Parts of the film were converted while some were not, and because of that you don't get that cheep feeling or the flatness of some scenes in post-conversion 3D film.

@ECOSE You'll never see Spider-Man in an Avengers film because of the business of owning the namesake and likeness.

Sony owns distribution rights to Spider-Man whereas Disney now owns and bought out distribution rights to Avengers characters from Paramount. Even though the Paramount logo is shown at the beginning of The Avengers, Disney is now the owner of distribution rights to the Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye characters, but the Paramount logo appeared as part of the acquisition terms when Disney bought The Avengers and Iron Man III from Paramount in 2010.