Netflix Movie Recommendation Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 7, 2004
I recommend "the wild and wonderful whites of west virginia".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396227/

It;s about the last "outlaws" it's pretty good documentary just a bunch of rednecks strung out on every drug imaginable and follows them for a year.
HAHA Hell yeah, that shit is funny as hell. "They took her baby", "Thats why shes cryin". I don't want to give too much away, but those people are beyond disfunctional.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
Simple film but well done imo. Movie was filmed in black and white but it was well executed. 3.7/5

El Violin (The Violin)

Don Plautarco (Ángel Tavira), his son Genaro (Gerardo Taracena) and grandson Lucio (Mario Garibaldi) earn a living as traveling musicians while also smuggling weapons to rebels fighting the country's oppressive regime. But when they return home to find their town occupied by the army and the residents forced into hiding, they make a bold play to recover the ammunition the troops have seized. Francisco Vargas directs.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
never heard of him until netflix put him in my recommendations list, figured i would check him out...started off kinda slow, but the more he he drank, man dude was on point and didnt give a fuck...im really shocked i aint never heard of him until now

Feb 25, 2007
'No Refunds'... Classic shit.

But yeah, I don't know too many folks that'll listen to 'em. Folks don't like hearing that shit.... I tried playing that same DVD for a gang of family/friends.... They hated that shit, lol

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
vice guide to travel series was very good (from poland with love and liberia = my favorites)

- the entire trailer park boys series is available now on netflix. Besides sopranos thats my favorite show

- hoop dreams - great old school bball documentary that follows 2 young stars in chicago in the late 80's/early 90's

- jay and silent bob strike back - my favorite movie to get stoned and watch. i think cuz i saw it in theatres boomin on shrooms but that movie is the shit

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I recommend "the wild and wonderful whites of west virginia".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396227/

It;s about the last "outlaws" it's pretty good documentary just a bunch of rednecks strung out on every drug imaginable and follows them for a year.
Watched this one last night...Entertaining to say the least..Kind of reminded me of a real life gummo.....

And when Uncle jesco (i think his name was) was tapdancing on the picnic table in the begining....that had me crackin up for some reason.....Those people just dont give a shit....

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
'No Refunds'... Classic shit.

But yeah, I don't know too many folks that'll listen to 'em. Folks don't like hearing that shit.... I tried playing that same DVD for a gang of family/friends.... They hated that shit, lol
yeah dude is an acquired taste...he speaks too honest about touchy subjects which i love...but most people will find him tasteless....i know people that loved george carlin's stand up but said oh hell no to doug...go figure

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
i bought this movie when it came out. one of my top 5 favorite movies

netflix put it my "movies i might like" area and i was like fuck it i just wanna watch something...turned out to be a really good movie....im going to recommend it to people...that clip you posted had me crackin up...i dont think there was anything i didnt like about the movie...wish it was longer, but good movies always leave you wanting more...until they fuck it with a sequel

also watched another low budget independent film called "rolling" about the rave/ecstasy culture...they set it up like a documentary...but it had a decent story to go with it

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Watched this one last night...Entertaining to say the least..Kind of reminded me of a real life gummo.....

And when Uncle jesco (i think his name was) was tapdancing on the picnic table in the begining....that had me crackin up for some reason.....Those people just dont give a shit....
I enjoyed that film too, watched it a while ago, not sure if I posted about it either.