The Siccness Network

Go Back   The Siccness Network > >

Movies & Television Talk about the latest movies in theaters, your favorite TV shows, or anything related to Movies & Television.

User Tag List

Old 04-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #1
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Propped 28,651 Times in 10,204 Posts
Exclamation Mr. Robot [season 2]

Season 2 starts in July.

My second favorite show behind GoT. First season was absolutely legendary.
2-0-Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To 2-0-Sixx:
Old 04-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
iaoish
Sicc OG

Propped 4,268 Times in 1,464 Posts
Been waiting on season2!
iaoish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To iaoish:
Old 04-29-2016, 12:16 AM   #3
$CASH$
Sicc OG

Propped 3,080 Times in 758 Posts
Never heard of it til this thread.
I have a problem with those 44 min episode shows where they have no story arc, or plot that carries through the season/series. You know, like court procedure dramas where conflict+resolution in 1 ep and next weeks the same shit?
Yeah Mr Robot hits the right notes for me.
Im binging on the bluray tonight. on Episode 5 and i just cant go to bed. good lookin out NATAS. I hear a couple F Bombs but they censored 'shit" in a couple spots lol.
back to the show...
Old 04-29-2016, 08:14 AM   #4
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by $CASH$ View Post
Never heard of it til this thread.
I have a problem with those 44 min episode shows where they have no story arc, or plot that carries through the season/series. You know, like court procedure dramas where conflict+resolution in 1 ep and next weeks the same shit?
Yeah Mr Robot hits the right notes for me.
Im binging on the bluray tonight. on Episode 5 and i just cant go to bed. good lookin out NATAS. I hear a couple F Bombs but they censored 'shit" in a couple spots lol.
back to the show...
I was blown away by this show. Top notch writing, great acting, great music selection (the rooftop scene!), etc. I think the upcoming episodes are the best so you're at a good spot.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #5
iaoish
Sicc OG

I wanted to mention the music in this show... which is sometimes really out there.
Didn't like most of the soundtracks most of the time though. But I guess I missed the point they were trying to make with it or something.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:57 PM   #6
Mr. Nice Guy
Sicc OG

Propped 2,150 Times in 807 Posts
Love everything about the show except the lead actor.

He was terrible in The Pacific and he is equally terrible in this show.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To Mr. Nice Guy:
Old 04-29-2016, 02:12 PM   #7
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Love everything about the show except the lead actor.

He was terrible in The Pacific and he is equally terrible in this show.
I disagree. He pulls off the awkward/autistic character amazingly well. Everything about him is awkward as fuck, and that's perfect.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #8
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by iaoish View Post
I wanted to mention the music in this show... which is sometimes really out there.
Didn't like most of the soundtracks most of the time though. But I guess I missed the point they were trying to make with it or something.
It's really good imo. The FKA Twigs two weeks song for the rooftop scene was crazy, Alabama Shakes in one of the last episodes, bunch of other shit I can't remember.

Btw, that drug dealer scene when he's talking about what power is, man that dude plays the part so well.

Last edited by 2-0-Sixx; 04-29-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:55 PM   #9
$CASH$
Sicc OG

Propped 3,080 Times in 758 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by 2-0-Sixx View Post
I was blown away by this show. Top notch writing, great acting, great music selection (the rooftop scene!), etc. I think the upcoming episodes are the best so you're at a good spot.
I didnt realize it was the "rooftop scene" til the music hit and i said "oh shit its the rooftop scene"!! I mean damn. didnt round 2nd base. Hit a B Line and just went straight for the jugular. So to speak..

The last few episodes were complete mind fucks and I loved it. But now i dont hafta ask myself whose the goofy lookin motherfucker in your avatar lol
And his fish is still in that bowl - away from the sunlight. Dude doesnt listen!

Is it just me or do some of the "previously on" portions have some xtra shit that werent actually in the episodes before? Like 2 sec clips that looked totally unfamiliar but related to plot.
When hes copying HTML using page source I had a laugh. I did that shit when I trolled on myspace. Jack an entire profile - including friend lists/blogs with page source and contact the friends on some bullshit..
Great. So like GOT (didnt start til season 2 was done), when July hits ill be watching week to week and Ill be waiting a yr like everyone else.
3 months left. Whose waiting behind that door?
$CASH$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:39 AM   #10
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by $CASH$ View Post
I didnt realize it was the "rooftop scene" til the music hit and i said "oh shit its the rooftop scene"!! I mean damn. didnt round 2nd base. Hit a B Line and just went straight for the jugular. So to speak..

The last few episodes were complete mind fucks and I loved it. But now i dont hafta ask myself whose the goofy lookin motherfucker in your avatar lol
And his fish is still in that bowl - away from the sunlight. Dude doesnt listen!

Is it just me or do some of the "previously on" portions have some xtra shit that werent actually in the episodes before? Like 2 sec clips that looked totally unfamiliar but related to plot.
When hes copying HTML using page source I had a laugh. I did that shit when I trolled on myspace. Jack an entire profile - including friend lists/blogs with page source and contact the friends on some bullshit..
Great. So like GOT (didnt start til season 2 was done), when July hits ill be watching week to week and Ill be waiting a yr like everyone else.
3 months left. Whose waiting behind that door?
Haha yeah I loved that scene when Tyrell loses it. He's a Swedish version of Patrick Bateman.

There are a bunch of little cool details you pick up on. For example, we always hear "Evil Corp" and at first that's kinda corny the show made it literally called Evil Corp, but then you realize that's only how Elliot hears it and any scene when it's not in Elliot's POV, it's referred to as its correct name E-Corp. The music selection often has subtle implications, for example a song from Titanic and fight club during specific scenes. The hacking stuff is actually pretty good too, which is refreshing compared to how god awful CSI and shows like that are (
).

Tyrells wife though, she's fine as fuck with those juicy lips (don't think I've ever seen a Danish girl with lips like those). I'm sure we all have the same theory on what she was thinking when she talked to Elliot, the way she was looking at him like are you serious?

Anyways, these lips are made for giving head lol

Last edited by 2-0-Sixx; 04-30-2016 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:11 AM   #11
iaoish
Sicc OG

Quote:
It's really good imo. The FKA Twigs two weeks song for the rooftop scene was crazy, Alabama Shakes in one of the last episodes, bunch of other shit I can't remember.
I can't remember most of it either it has been a while since I saw it I just remember watching the show and thinking "man this show is awesome but this music sucks donkey balls". I'm not surprised you like it though, you're into all that druggie 90's berlin rave scene and all that.

This is the soundtrack, and I seem to have the unpopular opinion looking at the likes/dislikes ratio 3863/46

Quote:
Btw, that drug dealer scene when he's talking about what power is, man that dude plays the part so well.

That was probably one of the best scenes of the whole season. I also think they couldn't have picked a better person to play Eliot

Old 04-30-2016, 11:43 AM   #12
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by iaoish View Post
I can't remember most of it either it has been a while since I saw it I just remember watching the show and thinking "man this show is awesome but this music sucks donkey balls". I'm not surprised you like it though, you're into all that druggie 90's berlin rave scene and all that.
Lol hey now you're the European here

Quote:
That was probably one of the best scenes of the whole season. I also think they couldn't have picked a better person to play Eliot
Yeah idk, I think he plays the part well, and as I've heard it described, "Elliot on Mr. Robot is the most accurate portrayal of someone with Asperger's functioning in the world that I've seen on TV." I'd add to that Dissociative disorder. The character is supposed to be weird, socially retarded and awkward as fuck, and imo this actor pulls it off well. If they wanted to be more realistic they could have got some fat slob like you're typical 4chan basement dwellers but no one wants to see that shit. I like how they made the character addicted to opiates/morphine and how he tries to balance that with suboxone, that's some irl shit right there.

Last edited by 2-0-Sixx; 04-30-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:54 AM   #13
n9newunsixx5150
Anti-feminist

Propped 58 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
My second favorite show behind GoT. First season was absolutely legendary.
Solid show. GoT is good too, but a tad overrrated. I'd put Fargo (FX series) above both of them.
n9newunsixx5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:13 AM   #14
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Dope ass season premiere, dropping two episodes back to back with no break.

If the current theory about Elliot is correct, about his true whereabouts, damn that's some brilliant writing and directing to pull it off.

Joey Badass was a nice addition. Real or not.

Last edited by 2-0-Sixx; 07-14-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:21 PM   #15
Cheaptimes
C'mon now...

Propped 1,120 Times in 452 Posts
When the adderal started screwing him up at the diner, USA had the CC on their apple tv app write out dudes seinfeld comments backwards as well.
What he was saying forward:
The dopest episode ever was "The Betrayal", they play the whole episode backwards. George be wearing timbaland boots with the logo and everything.
Cheaptimes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To Cheaptimes:
Old 07-26-2016, 06:12 AM   #16
0R0
Girbaud Shuttle Jeans

Propped 13,483 Times in 6,365 Posts
The delivery of the nwo aspect is pretty cringe worthy & the cinematography feels really hollow. I think the best description I've seen is it looks like a big budget student film at times.
0R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To 0R0:
Old 07-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #17
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by 0R0 View Post
The delivery of the nwo aspect is pretty cringe worthy & the cinematography feels really hollow. I think the best description I've seen is it looks like a big budget student film at times.
The "nwo" type meetings is the weakest part of the show, not really believable but fortunately it's not often. Season 1 was dope as fuck still got a ways to go with season 2 and where it's headed. I've thought to myself season two will make or break the show since there's only so much that can be done after the epic season one. Right now it's just a battle of Elliot and Mr. Robot which he'll eventually lose and we can get to business, the rest just focusing on other characters.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:19 AM   #18
infinity
( o )( o )

Propped 35,095 Times in 19,415 Posts
Binged Season 1 before the premiere and it was even better than I remembered. This is the type of show that is much better binged, imo. Season 2 Episode 3 was a little slow, but I have no doubt will lead to something amazing by the end.
infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To infinity:
Old 07-29-2016, 05:51 PM   #19
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

I also binged watched season one, which is probably the way to do it.

Although season one was MUCH different than season two, and they did warn us season two was going to be a lot different, so I guess that was expected. Season two, the first four episodes, seems extremely slow because it's almost entirely character driven, so the plot hasn't advanced much at all because it's so character heavy at the moment. It's focusing almost entirely of the mental aspects of the characters. So binge watching the first four episode would probably be ideal. I think though after Elliot's realization playing chess and finally opening a terminal, the plot will now advance forward. We will find it if the first four episodes were really necessary or not later, but I think it's done this way to lead Elliot, Angela and Elliots sister to a specific point. I'm hoping for Tyrrell next week.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #20
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

This is a cool Easter egg regarding the IRC chat

You can actually recreate the conversation and log on here:

#th3g3ntl3man - Web IRC

Then if you type in the chat what Darlene actually types in the show, you get the response from Elliot. So here is how it's done:

You just need to give "samsepi0l" the right text like this:
[14:51] == D0loresH4ze [~D0loresH4ze@104.103.72.100] has joined #th3g3ntl3man
[14:51] == samsepi0l [~samsepi0l@192.251.68.240] has joined #th3g3ntl3man
[14:51] <samsepi0l> hey
[14:51] <D0loresH4ze> feds found the arcade
[14:52] <D0loresH4ze> [/b]they got an illegal surveillance program...[/b]
[14:53] <D0loresH4ze> something called "berenstain"
[14:54] <D0loresH4ze> romero's body was found in his back porch. coup de grace.

If you type the bold into the chat (copy and paste), then Elliot will correctly respond:

[14:54] <samsepi0l> wait for my instructions
[14:54] <samsepi0l> they have changed their standard issue. we have a way in.
[14:54] == samsepi0l [~samsepi0l@192.251.68.240] has quit [Client Quit]

Otherwise he will only return "...", "what?" or "i don't have time for this right now."

----+--+++

There's a bunch of other shit. Here's a little more posted on Reddit

Few quick notes about Ray's server:
IP address: m1gr8
Password: tr1bb1@n1 (as in the Joey character a la "Friends?")
nmap shows it's only open to port 80 (HTTP)
In addition to browsing to it, I can telnet there, but can't seem to do anything once there (no CURL, GET, etc.)
Browsing with Tor made no difference (was hoping there was a browser-check in the web code or something, as this episode was clearly a promotion for for the project).
I played with the HTML and CSS a bunch, but so far haven't revealed anything in the web code.
The webpage heading is “m1gr8”
Major league great?
“Am I great?”
AHA! “Migrate!” That’s what Elliott is doing for Ray, a SAN migration!

Last edited by 2-0-Sixx; 07-29-2016 at 06:31 PM.