Mike Epps, T.I. Starring in Restaurant Comedy ‘The Trap’

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 26, 2014

Mike Epps and Tip “T.I.” Harris will star as brothers and produce the restaurant comedy “The Trap” with Chris Robinson directing.

Queen Latifah is producing through her Flavor Unit Entertainment company with partner Shakim Compere. Epps is producing via his Naptown Productions with partner Niles Kirchner and Harris will produce under his Grand Hustle Films company with partner Brian Sher.

Robinson is also producing and Jesse Collins will executive produce. Producers are planning to begin shooting in the fall.

“The Trap” is based on a story by Epps and Nile Evans, who is writing the script about Harris’ character returning home to Atlanta help save the dilapidated restaurant run by his brother (Epps) and mother. A change in the chicken recipe revives the location.

The project reunites Harris with Robinson, who directed him in 2006’s “ATL.” In addition to releasing nine studio albums, Harris has starred in “Get Hard,” “Ant-Man,” “Identity Thief” and the “Roots” miniseries.

Epps’ credits include “Friday,” “Next Friday,” “The Hangover,” “Resident Evil: Apocalypse” and “Resident Evil: Extinction.” He recently starred on ABC’s “Uncle Buck” and Freestyle’s “Meet the Blacks” and has been long attached to play Richard Pryor in a biopic in the works at The Weinstein Co.

Flavor Unit’s credits include HBO’s “Bessie” and MGM’s “Beauty Shop,” both starring Latifah.

Robinson’s directed music videos for T.I., Alicia Keys, Jay-Z, Nas, Busta Rhymes, Nelly and 50 Cent.

Epps is repped by CAA and Morris Yorn. Harris is repped by UTA and Category 5 Entertainment.

Mike Epps, T.I. Starring in Restaurant Comedy ‘The Trap’ | Variety