Menace 2 Society vs. Boyz in the Hood.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 23, 2017
Menace 2 Society seemed more realistic on how there is a few crazy people going out to commit crimes while everybody is inside. They always try to depict LA as a place of people that just hang outside on the streets in their neighborhood. There is a gang banging problem in LA but its not as bad how movies try to perceive it as being. For example the movie training day show the jungle neighborhood. There is no gang bangers outside in that neighborhood, there is no people on the roofs. The jungle is a very quiet neighborhood that looks middle class and their next to millionaire homes.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
This is a much tougher choice for me than American Me vs. Blood In Blood Out. The Hughes brothers seems to have sought out to make a "hood movie" without caring as much about how it would impact the viewer. Even people getting shot in that movie turns into kind of a joke at times. You expect just about everyone to get caught slippin in that movie at some point. Singleton seemed to have made the movie to "increase the peace" while highlighting the struggles of a good kid trying to make it out the hood, and dudes who just followed the lead of everyone else. Both had a ton of classic lines and make a decent point. MIIS had the better soundtrack lol I can't call it man. Both good at what they were trying to achieve.