Marvel Comics Ant-Man (2015)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Paul Rudd just got cast as Ant-Man

Actor Paul Rudd to star as 'Ant-Man,' Marvel action hero | Reuters

(Reuters) - Disney-owned Marvel Studios said on Thursday it has cast "Anchorman 2" and "This is 40" actor Paul Rudd to play the lead role in "Ant-Man," the next hero in its stable of comic book characters to go to the big screen.

Marvel said the choice of Rudd, 44, reflected the studio's desire "to cast actors that bring several dimensions to its onscreen heroes."

Rudd is a staple in the comic films from director Judd Apatow, such as "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," and is currently in theaters in news anchor send-up "Anchorman 2: The Legend of Ron Burgundy."

The studio said in a statement that the plot is being kept under wraps. But in Marvel Comics, Ant-Man is a scientist who invents a substance that allows him to shrink his size and communicate with insects.

The film, to be directed by Edgar Wright, is scheduled for release in mid-2015.

Walt Disney Co. bought Marvel in 2009 for $4.3 billion. The studio is behind some of the most successful films of recent years, including the "Iron Man," "Avengers" and "Thor" franchises.

(Reporting By Mary Milliken; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
word around the interwebs is its a heist film
The first iteration of this script was written before MARVEL had the MCU firmly affixed. Scott Lang steals the suit from Hank Pym, and Pym gives chase. That's actually how Lang became the second Ant-Man.

More marvel movie shit. Will it ever stop?
Probably not any time soon, as long as tickets are being sold.

With their NETFLIX deal stretching their TV presence to 2018, and their films already being slated through 2021, you're in for a long ride if you hate them.

f this. make a cable movie. with mister sinister and apocalypse as the villains.
The X-Force film script is going to fit in somewhere between DofP and Apocalypse films. The writer Jeff Wadlow, and overlord Rob Liefeld, have finished the script. Liefeld has had a few tweets recently regarding the script.

There are at least 4 sequences that long time fans of X-Force, Cable and Deadpool will scream in absolute delight! #wadlownailedit
— robertliefeld ( R @robert liefeld) December 3, 2013
I'm positive you'll get your Cable movie.

The next X-Men movie after Days of Future Past is supposed to have an Age of Apocalypse storyline. Apparently Days of Future Past is going to set up Age of Apocalypse for the movie-verse.
There aren't any details regarding if the story follows Age of Apocalypse, but at the risk of sounding redundant, MARVEL did change the name of the film to "X-Men: Apocalypse" more than likely because they have already given the "Age of" title to "The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron".

Feb 2, 2006
no wonder why i dont watch movies anymore. no need to pay $25 between a ticket food and drink for a movie. the movie industry sucks major ass these days. thats why u got 47 spiderman and 16 batman sequels. i hope that all these big budget movies flop big time "lone ranger" style. only then will these studios stop making these $200 million movies

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Rasan @Rasan the Marvel Knights imprint does a lot of motion comics, but the Saturday morning tv shows we grew up on fail most of the time.

Avengers Assemble was awesome every week, telling fantastic stories, and even it was canceled.

The money is in the anime, motion comics, and feature length cartoons.

Hulk vs. Wolverine is out on Redbox right now, and it is pretty dope. It's extremely graphic, too, which was nice to finally see.

I'm not the biggest fan of motion comics, but it was one of the better ones. Thor & Loki is probably my favorite motion comic that's been put out.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
That's true, but they struggle everywhere else.

The only reason we got Affleck and a new Batman is because Bale's price tag was too high.

We'll see how their planned shared universe goes.

Also, the first animated film that was created in Walt Disney Animation Studios in conjunction with MARVEL is call "Big Hero 6". It comes out in November of next year, and won't have anything to do with the existing MCU that I know of.

Last edited:

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
on a side note, any1 got any links for the OG xmen cartoon Days of future past part 3? ive found 1 and 2 and 3 is on some pay youtube type of shit.

I havent read up much on the next Avengers movie, but seeing as how pym was one of the founding members, is he going to be in the next one?

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
on a side note, any1 got any links for the OG xmen cartoon Days of future past part 3? ive found 1 and 2 and 3 is on some pay youtube type of shit.

I havent read up much on the next Avengers movie, but seeing as how pym was one of the founding members, is he going to be in the next one?
i do. ill up them when i get home. i got all the episodes, dvd quality breh.
disney is on sum fuck shit. all the og xmen were on netflix. now its only on amazon prime, the first season, the rest you gotta pay.

Last edited: