Looking for some Dope films to watch

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
I haven't seen anything super new that stands out tbh.

Have you seen Room? It's a drama from 2015. I really liked it.

I heard good things about the movie Paterson, but I have yet to see it

There's this movie outta Norway called The Wave. Full of suspense and action, but most importantly it came across believable. Many Hollywood flicks in this type of genre would be way over the top. This one captures it just right.

Hell or High Water was cool, but I felt it could have been better. Still recommend it

Hacksaw Ridge is another one that I haven't seen yet. Read great reviews. Apparently there's not a dull moment in the movie. Mel Gibson is an amazing director in this respect.

These are just a few that come to mind

Last edited:

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
I couldn't really get into The Wave yet.
All good, I'm not particularly into those types of movies either. It was decent enough to keep me glued though.

Btw, I recently watched a really humorous drama from Italy Perfetti Sconosciuti or Perfect Strangers in English. It was really well made considering the movie takes place for the most part at a dinner table lol. The phone messages/social media aspect was a nifty twist. In a strange way it was reminiscent of Wild Tales. The trailer doesn't do the movie any justice though, you just gotta see it for yourself. I personally loved it.

Sep 3, 2002
Just saw " It follows" and liked it.

It's kind of a wierd throw back to old scary movies but it's got cool music and the acting is believable. From 2014.

If you had any thought of seeing Sully (don't ask why I did) don't waste your time...