The Interview - Seth Rogan and James Franco Kim Jong-Un Assassination Comedy

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
Man Wants Refund After Buying $650 in Tickets to ‘The Interview’

Sony apparently isn’t the only one who lost money on “The Interview” last week.

A man in Ohio tried to cash in on the buzz surrounding Seth Rogen and James Franco’s new comedy when he purchased $650 in tickets or 50 passes at $13 each to the movie.

According to WCPO in Cincinatti, Jason Best learned that a local theater in Clifton was among the 300 theaters to play the controversial film on Christmas day and hoped to re-sell the tickets online at a higher price (a.k.a. he wanted to scalp them).

“I saw all the hype about ‘The Interview’ on the 23rd and thought, ‘hey, folks are selling these tickets in other cities and it seems like that’s the thing to do right now so why not give it a shot so see how it goes,”’ he said.

But the plan backfired once Sony announced it was streaming the film online for half the price on sites like YouTube, Hulu and Netflix.

Now the man is demanding a refund from the Esquire Theatre.

“I thought I’d get my money back because the theater’s website *very clearly* said the tickets were refundable,” Best told WCPO in an email.

But a theater manager told Best that the art house didn’t have a website and that “The Interview” was listed as a special event.

It turns out Best had purchased the tickets from movie tickets.com which specifically warns on its website that theater owners reserve the right to withhold refunds for special events.

Plus the manager said that scalping tickets was illegal.

The $40 million-budgeted “Interview,” which expanded to iTunes on Sunday, recently changed from a wide to limited release after North Korean hackers threatened to harm theater goers.

The R-rated comedy earned nearly $3 million at the U.S. box office this weekend.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/man-wants-refund-buying-650-tickets-interview-221714087.html

Dummy.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
For the most part, it looks like Sony's little stunt has worked...
If this was a stunt by Sony it failed miserably lol if this movie got regular wide release it would have easily hit close to $150 million in the box office if not more and then still would have eventually made more money with VOD and DVD in a few months.

Seth Rogan's last two movies did $130 million and $268 million in box office alone.

I give them props for what they were able to scrape together after all the North Korea bullshit, but they lost a fuck ton of money on this lol there's no way they'll be able to hit the marks they would have if they went with the wide release.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
i dunno,..i LOL'd quite a few times,..it wasnt bad at all,wasent super great,but it was koo, i dont see what all the big fuss is about tho! the part when Franco was yelling that he got Stank Dick,lol..you know alot of you fuckers had stank dick before at one point in time! lol

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
Watched it on netflix last night and was disappointed. I like these fools but i think sony hacked themselves cuz this one was a dud..